The Last Homely Site on the Web

Touching base with one-another

Post Reply   Page 1 of 98  [ 1956 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 598 »
Leoba
Post subject: Touching base with one-another
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 2:19 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

That title sounds somehow faintly dodgy, but it wouldn't write itself any other way. :P

This is intended as a running thread just to let one another know what we're each doing, whether we're around or not and somewhere to scream if it's all getting too much. I don't want to stock the first post with too much information, perhaps just names of current admin and when they're online? Keep it short and sweet. :)

Alassante_Estel : Timezone GMT -5. Will usually do posting and admining in the mornings on weekdays. Am online at night as well, when I can't drag Steve off the computer. Weekends - definitely available for emergencies, but mostly a spammer ;)

Berhael: Timezone GMT. I can usually lurk and post quickly during office hours, but not much more. I'm much more reliable on the evenings, and irregularly during the weekend.

Griffon64 Timezone GMT + 2. I check email for updates ( PMs and new registrations ) every hour or so during office hours, and have B77 running after hours and over weekends.

Online Weekdays: 04:30am-05:20am, 06:10am - 16:30pm, 18:00pm ~ 21:00pm. The last time span there I'm at home in the evenings, and B77 is more or less open and running then.

Online Weekends: Pretty much 08:30am -23:00pm, unless I go out and do something, B77 usually open and up to date on events.

Leoba: Timezone GMT; online 8 - 4:30 Mon-Fri, plus irregular evenings and occasional weekends; cannot access admin email from work

Last edited by Jude on Thu 27 Sep , 2012 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
De-stickied

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 2:23 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

The things I've said I'll look into working on are:

- making the Business Forum more user friendly

- adding some bits to Farawen's 'welcome FAQ' - for example we need to spell out that users need to save there own posts, as there's no backup. Do we also need a request relating to not gossiping about the content of this board beyond it's boundaries?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 3:54 pm
Milk and kisses

I haven't been able to keep track of things admin-wise for a couple of weeks, but now that I've got 2 jobs intead of 3 (LOL) I should be able to catch up with stuff.

My main priority now is to read up on all the stuff here in the admin zone and the Business Room and take notes. My brain doesn't function if I don't write things down.

I also need to drag myself over to b77.com and the new admin email account, which I haven't been able to check yet.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 6:04 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

GMT - 6, No set time online but mostly online during middle of the day, CST. Soon to be de-admined

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 9:57 pm

I don't know how often the current admins are checking the B77.com admin email account, but it seems like it's not everyday. Magpie sent this yesterday and it needs to be addressed. I didn't feel comfortable doing so due to some people's feelings about my presence as an admin. I let Magpie know that either Estel, Berhael, Griff, or Leoba would get in contact with her:
Quote:
Hello B77 admins. Five minutes on the board and I have a question.:-)

Some friends of mine are running a rather large conference next October called "The Witching Hour." It's focused on Harry Potter (and also fandoms in general) and mixes formal and informal programming (acadmic papers and fanfic, fanart etc). I'm helping them on the informal programming side.

We're trying to get the word out to anyone interested in the conference and I wondered if I could post a general announcement about it on B77 with a link to the website: www.witchinghour.org. I'd also probably put something in about asking other people to spread the word if they knew anyone interested.
I don't want to post it if it's out of line, and thought you guys might have the best idea what forum you wanted it in if I did post it, so I'm asking you first.:-)

-m

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 8:43 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I'm sorry guys. I've been offline every night this week and just can't get to that inbox from work (I am hoping this isn't a B77.com-wide issue, else Griff and I will be screwed when we move boards!).

But anyway... Thank you so much for the heads-up Eru. I will go and reply to Magpie via PM in a sec (replying : yes please, that the Turf is the logical location, and that there'll be a new Events forum at some point in the near future).

[edit: done]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 11:58 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Last check in from me (I'll miss ya ;) )

Don't have much in the way of pending really (I think) except for stuff related to the Admin rotation thread which Leoba has agreed to take over once I'm offline from 25March till approx. 5April.

I would kindly ask you however to please post as soon as possible in the Admin code of conduct discussion, especially to add your 'how xx ticks' information OR open a new thread on that if you think that's better and then please MOVE my description.

Since replacement for Griffon is forthcoming and I've gotten in touch via PM with the volunteers to 'reconfirm' them (pretty much done with a few outstanding replies) advising them to peek into the Admin code of conduct thread and additionally I will ask the volunteers TODAY via PM to put some info together on their own persona which Leoba will then put into the voting thread to replace Griff.... well, it would be nice for the volunteers to be able to sample ;)

And THANKS! :D :hug: TO ALL OF YOU for having been very patient and understanding with me.
[edit: lousy spelling]

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Fri 18 Mar , 2005 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 12:06 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Alandriel wrote:
the Admin rotation thread which Leoba has agreed to take over once I'm offline from 25March till approx. 5April.
I did? :Q
Alandriel wrote:
I will ask the volunteers TODAY via PM to put some info together on their own persona which Leoba will then put into the voting thread to replace Griff.
I will? :Q

Geez. I know I shouldn't touch PM first thing in the morning, 'cause if I agreed to do anything it just slid right out of my brain! :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 12:17 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

:oops: erm... well.... you see

I asked you yesterday in Temp Admins and vote on a new one Today you posted and did not say anything to the contrary.. so... I assumed (yep :Q that pitfall!)....

In any case, I don't really mind who takes it over :halo: just as long as SOMEONE keeps an eye on it ;) .. and since you Leoba were involved in the discussion so far (and in the absence of Berhael or Estel posting)... I assumed (here we go again.. slaps herself hard ;) ]...

Somehow it would give me ease of mind though, knowing SOMEONE actively volunteered to take it over.... makes for easy dreaming ;)

But please do tell me soon, WHO, for I'd like to get those PMs out to the volunteers sometime soon (re 'personal info'), preferrably today or tomorrow since the replacement thread for Griff should start on Monday.

Having said that... I don't mind at all putting the thread up and taking care of it UNTIL I'M OFF AND AWAY (which is the 25th March). The replacemment thread will end on the 31st March... and I'm not around then. Obviously I'd preferr for someone to step in and do it (and preferably from the start-to finish) but, it's up to you ;)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 1:30 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Oh good. I thought my memory wasn't that bad. I am firmly in the camp that one should formally assent to do somethign rather than it just happen by default!

I'm happy to take on that thread - certainly. But you're going to have to talk me through the first post, Alandriel, as they don't make a lot of sense to me. :oops: Are all the people on that list up for the vote?

And could I/you possibly clear out some of the older conversation in that first post? There's so much of it, it's confusing!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 2:21 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Quote:
.. one should formally assent to do something rather than it just happen by default
You are SO right of course! :)

Okies.... now of course I can't hand-over something that looks a mess. I've cleaned up :) Hope it's a lot clearer now.
ALL volunteers know they're on the list (some might have forgotten though lol). ALL volunteers except Jude & Jnyusa have received a PM for me to please confirm their volunteering for this upcoming replacement. Most have answered back and those are in bold. I'll keep this updated for as long as I'm around and I'll send out another PM now to all (except the exceptions) that they please put something personal together and to PM it to you Leoba so you can then add that info into the first post of the replacement thread (which if my calculations are right should go up on Monday).

Hope it's all a lot clearer and better organized. However, if you see room for improvement, go right ahead :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 11:18 pm

To me it's a problem that current admins aren't able to get into that email account. I see that's why emails have been going unanswered. I think it's pertinent that those admins that can get into the account (Estel and Ber?) routinely check it (as in once a day). Not telling anyone what to do here ;), but there has been several times that I've gone into the admin account and found messages around 2 days old. I won't be around anymore to help out with this so I hope this is remedied. :)

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 8:23 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Yep, those that can, need to, and if possible on a daily basis :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could I please remind you ALL once more to please post your information over at the Admin code of conduct discussion as soon as possbile.

According to the discussion here in Admin forum Temp admins and vote on a new one I've sent the PMs to the volunteers this morning (txt of that PM in that link).
Thanks... oh and yes.... SOMEBODY de-admin me please :D

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 10:40 am
Garrulous Griffon

De-admin you? Like, right now? Are you sure there's not one more little loose end you'd like tied up? ;)

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 11:27 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Nope.. no loose ends (I hope :Q ;) ).... GO FOR IT :D

Besides... IF there are loose ends, then I trust you WILL EDIT my posts ;)

Byeeeeeeee, it was an honour as well as a pleasure but forgive me for saying I really hope I won't have to be pulled back for at least the next 6 months ;)

:hug: :love: you're all totally fabulous people

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 11:34 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

You're done, Alandriel. Give one of us a shout via PM if you find yourself accidentally locked out at all!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Mar , 2005 4:09 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

I've initiated the arbitration process re Wilko.

If you look in the email account you'll see the messages so far, tucked in a folder called 'Discipline Issues'. Unfortunately though, I'm not going to have such good email access during the next few days (at work). As Berhael is personaly involved in this, we cannot expect or ask her to action anything. Therefore I need to ask you, Estel, whether you can keep an eye on the admin email and action anything that comes in on this subject.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Mar , 2005 4:26 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

kk ;)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Mar , 2005 10:01 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I managed to get on email this morning (as I was getting dressed, no less!) so I'm on top of stuff. ;)

One question I need to ask, is what are you guys doing over Easter?

I'm going to be off work for 5 days, from Maundy Thursday through to Easter Monday. In an ideal world I wouldn't be online at all for that stretch (I need some real life time) but given the arbitration stuff I'll make sure I pop in enough to keep that on track, and to do whatever I have to do in the constitutional convention. Nonetheless, you can safely assume that I will be nowhere to be found on Saturday and Sunday, as we're off to see family.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Mar , 2005 6:49 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I'll be around a little bit over easter. I'll admit, I've been kinda avoiding coming online with all these dramas going on, and since the invites are basically done, it's not as.... pressing.

Speaking of invites - I know all new invites have to wait till at least April 1st, but I'm of the opinion that the people who registered on their own previous to this past weekend should be able to get invite threads started. It just seems kind of ridiculous to make those people wait for what basically amounts to over a month. I think there is only about 4 people like that..... *goes to check* kk - there's two people who joined after March 8, and 10 that joined before. I'm assuming that there was no one willing to sponsor the people who joined before March 8, so no real need to worry about them I suppose. The two that joined after, however, perhaps we should go ahead and start threads for?

Just an idea :)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 98  [ 1956 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 598 »
Jump to: