board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I respectfully request that I be banned.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Impenitent
Post subject: I respectfully request that I be banned.
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 5:23 am
Try to stay perky

Please strike me off for the remainder of March.

At the end of that time period I may request another period of banning; don't know.

I don't want to be here at the moment. The shit being thrown around is making me angry and rather than posting something I may regret; rather than reading things which infuriate me; rather than hurting people who probably are reacting from - god, I don't know, ignorance? willful misunderstanding? Maybe I should be kind and just say 'reacting from their own hurt' - I'll just bow out.

I'll check in on 1 April (assuming I'm unbanned by then; if you decide otherwise I may see you elsewhere on the ether, I guess).

So long and thanks for all the fish.

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 5:34 am

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Impy, I wish you would reconsider. There are more then a few who agree with you, you know. If we all follow you out the door, then only one voice gets heard.

Profile Quote
Ethel
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:00 am
The Pirate's Daughter

Please don't do this, Impy. Please. This is a very young community, and much is still in flux. I beg you - do not walk away before those things are decided.

Profile Quote
laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:05 am
Triathlete

Go, if you need to, for your own heart's safety. But please come back soon. And please keep in touch.

laure8anna at yahoo dot com
laure8anna on AIM and YM

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:07 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

Why do people request to be banned? No one is forced to post here.

Impy, I have to confess that I don't understand at all why you are making this request.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:08 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Imp, please come back and discuss this when you are calmer. Go take a hot bath, read, or listen to some soothing music. Just relax and take care of yourself. :hug:

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:27 am
Triathlete

Jny, people watch what is going down here with the same horror that they watch car wrecks. And for the same reason - they can't tear themselves away. Holby asked for the same thing on TORC - he was too addicted to stop reading even during work. So a self imposed ban on B77 may be the only way to get the temptation out of reach, for Imp.

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:54 am
His Rosyness

Perhaps you could try contacting the people who are causing you a problem (like me, I suspect)? But if you can't see that helping, and reading the board is only causing distress, I wish you well with a period away.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 7:46 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

:Q Impenitent

And just like Jny: no one is forced to post here. Why request a ban?

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 8:38 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Jnyusa wrote:
Why do people request to be banned? No one is forced to post here.
Bless you Jny, you said what I was going to say.

Impenitent. If you don't want to post here - short or long term - no-one is forcing you to. I very much want to see you here and can totally empathise that the stress encircling us all is unhealthy. So I would urge you to take some days away. And maybe restrict yourself to the more pleasant places of this world; the RP forum could use your skills. :) :hug:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 10:01 am
Milk and kisses

Imp :( I totally understand.
However, I don't want to ban you. Is there an alternative? Are there fora you'd like to have your permissions restricted for until April 1? You could keep reading the RP forum and the Turf, for instance. Please let us know if there is a way we can honour your request without having to ban you. The word is horrid and I would never, ever want to do that to you (or anyone for that matter).

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 11:30 am
Far out

Impenitent,

we don't ban people from this messageboard for disagreeing. That's that other board. If you feel you can't/don't want to be here right now, take a leave of absence and return whenever you're ready. But by asking us to ban you you are putting us in a position where we're responsible for your well-being here. I'm not entirely sure I want to believe that's the case. And I'm sorry to say but requesting to be banned because of "all the shit being thrown around" is a bit unfair on your part.

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 4:44 pm

In the light of i think Estels friendly meant post in the Turf "banned because board 77 is to addictive", and people actually really wanting that his request isnt so strange.

It saves (the human nature) to come back to this place for a while and still look, a ban prevents that and is imho not unfair.

Sorry just my two cents.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 5:00 pm
Gloriosus

Aye to Maeglin.

– – –

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 5:39 pm
Far out

I'm not saying the request to be banned is unfair.

I'm saying it is unfair to request to be banned claiming that there's "shit being thrown around" here, OMG look what a bad place this is, and in case you haven't noticed how upset I am about this I'm gonna start a whole new thread requesting to be banned.

If you tell me this place sucks, Imp, I tend to take it personally. And since there's nothing I can do at this moment that will make you feel better, it's gonna make me feel like crap.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 1:12 am
Takoyaki is love

Impy take some time away and then come back. Whatever it is please calm down. Take Ber's suggestion and only get banned from some forums. Whatever it is, it's not worth cutting yourself off from the community. We lose and maybe you won't lose, but we will miss you. Please take some time to think it over.

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 4:03 am
Try to stay perky

It appears I have not been banned.

Never mind; I've calmed down enough to be civil, I believe.

Thank you to those who gave me the benefit of the doubt and assumed I needed to nurse my hurt feelings. However, my request had nothing to do with hurt feelings. Fact is,

I'm pissed off!

I'm in the middle of a deadline at work which is bloody frustrating as I feel I'm going to explode with rage if I don't express it but I can't let fly right now - and yes, I am posting angry, very angry, so I would do myself an injustice and probably cause shrapnel wounds on innocent bystanders. I will return when the publication is on the press and lay it all on the line.

For now, though I will have to make do with making two points.

1. The smarmy implication that I'm the one who has been feeding information to Alys is beneath contempt. Ask outright, don't smear by implication.

Nevertheless, I'll answer that right now:

No, I have not passed on any information in any form beyond what I've already stated at least twice elsewhere. In January (I believe) I quoted 3-4 lines directly from one of Ber's most conciliatory posts in the hope of achieving the reconciliation they both seemed to desire. Beyond that, I have spoken only in the vaguest and least offensive way of what transpires here as my goal at all times been to achieve peace and an end to these pointless, destructive hostilities.

2. Jn and others asked why the request for banning, when I could simply silently remove myself.

Farawen was ruder, of course, and put words in my mouth - to whit: "OMG look what a bad place this is, and in case you haven't noticed how upset I am about this I'm gonna start a whole new thread requesting to be banned."

The reason I asked for banning is not because I suffered the ghoulish urge to come watch the train wreck; nor because I felt so wounded and fragile but because I was so angry I could not trust myself to speak civilly. The flip side is remaining silent through this - to remain aloof for the duration. However silence can be seen as assent and I did not wish anyone to misinterpret my silence as condoning what was going on. I wanted it to be quite clear to all that I was not silently lurking and letting things slide but rather that I had locked the door behind me, maybe for awhile, maybe for good.

As it happens, I have changed my mind. I am just as angry, but I will not leave the field open to those like Farawen who choose to throw stones in the form of words while at the same time claiming themselves wounded.

I'll be back when work permits (presuming I'm not banned for my impudence) to lay out the whole serve. In the meantime - Farawen, feel free to tell us all how much you've been hurt and how mean I am and how it was a mistake to invite someone who obviously has no loyalty and how it is now too intimidating to freely post your honest opinions on this site.

EDIT:

I apologise to those who suffer shrapnel wounds reading this - this post is general in nature but there are many to whom it does not apply. I appreciate very much the work and energy of those who have worked with dedication, noses to the grindstone, to benefit this board and its members, those with common sense and open heart, those who have not nursed grudges and have sought healing instead of vengeance, those who have held their piece instead of lashing out, who have been genuinely saddened and have resisted the urge to gloat....in short, the great majority.

EDITED a second time because I was advised some of my words could be assumed to be accusatory of a particular individual. I've removed those words.

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 8:34 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I'm sorry you're so angry Impenitent.

But how many times does it have to be said that people will not be banned for speaking out, and most certainly not for seeking to clear their name.

I unfortunately missed the 'smarmy implications' you refer to, probably because I've been speed reading a great deal this week. But I think I can speak for most of the membership here when I say that I never cast suspicion on you; I understand and believe you to be a woman of your word and when you spoke up on the subject of leaks ages ago, I took your words at face value.

Oh and I hope this board won't be a train wreck; I'm working dammed hard to try and keep it on the rails. ;)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 9:34 am
Gloriosus

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Bikeracks?

– – –

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 10:20 am
Per aspera ad astra

Impenitent :hug:

You know that for me you are a highly valuable member of this community, and I trust your word as the highest confirmation that can be given.

Of course, coming from me, this confirmation might not be what you need.

But like Leoba, I work hard on the future of this community, and if someone like you does not see a place in it, I don't know anymore what I'm working for.

With all my admiration.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: