The Last Homely Site on the Web

Volunteers needed for admin pool

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 51 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Apr , 2005 6:45 am
Living in hope

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, TED! You are certainly on the list for later.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Apr , 2005 7:00 am
Insolent Pup

Don't worry about the misunderstanding, it could have been all my fault. Anyway, thanks for adding me to the later lists.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 2:04 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Just poping in here to say :cheers to all the new (and old) volunteers. It's great to see enthusiasm :D I'm also here to flagrantly advertise the Experimental board where you can practise a few neat tricks. Sign up if you haven't done so. I hope Eruname (who started it) will process new sign-ups so that you can get your fingers a-messing ;)

Prim seeing that you're totally on top of it all :D would you mind updating the old thread Admin rotation with the relevant info or ... if you think it would be better (and I trust your judgement) ammend your first post in here slightly (plus perhaps the thread title) to reflect what's been going on - replacing that old thread? Whatever you think best :)
You're awesome :D

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 2:31 pm
Living in hope

Alandriel, I'll do that soon--probably edit the first post in this thread and re-sticky it.

I feel I must admit that I'm only on top of this particular thing because Jn reminded me to get on it. She has a heavy foot--most effective. :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 3:04 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Actually, the sticky thread in the Welcome Forum listing current admins has not been update yet. You're not there, Prim!! You should add yourself in when you have a chance.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 3:10 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I second Alandriel that the b77 experiment can be fun - I banned and de-banned a few members... tested silly mails... gave a few silly titles.... :D and you can even call all the fun "duty"

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 3:13 pm
Living in hope

<flies off toward Welcome Forum> Ow ow ow. . . .

:D Thanks, Jn. I'd forgotten.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 13 Apr , 2005 4:51 pm
Can never be buggered at all

You can add me to the "later" list; I won't be available though until sometime in the autumn at the earliest, due to real life issues and my relative newbieness here. And, I'm sure there are many older members on the list before me.

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Frelga
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 13 Apr , 2005 5:59 pm
A green apple painted red

I'm torn between a sense of duty, natural humility, and confusion. Ow! I don't know if I'm eligible to be an admin (don't I have to be here 6 months?), but feel free to place me in the pool whenever I am. Just through a lifesaver in with me, I'm not that good a swimmer.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 13 Apr , 2005 6:19 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Frelga, the way eligibility is proposed right now, members who entered on or before March 12 became automatically eligible. Your join date is March 17, so it the eligibility portion of the charter is ratified, you would be eligible on September 17.

The choice of March 12 was arbitrary to some extent. Invites were halted as of that date, and we used that date for determining a quorum for ratification. But invites that were in progress as of that date went ahead and got completed, so we actually have a trickle of people registering between March 12 and April 5. It might be that the convention will reconsider the eligibility date for that reason. But it also depends in part on what happens with the invite process. If that starts up again, and there is basically a constant stream of people, then any cutoff date would be equally arbitrary and we'll probably just leave the cutoff at March 12 because that at least has some logic behind it.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Frelga
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 13 Apr , 2005 6:37 pm
A green apple painted red

Thank you for the explanation, Jnyusa. Now I don't know whether to be relieved to be off the hook for six months, or miffed that I'm ineligible because I missed the deadline by five days. It sounds more logical to make eligible everybody who were invited before the invites closed, since apparently we will not be getting any new members for a few months at the least.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 51 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: