board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Never mind. . . .

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Primula_Baggins
Post subject: Never mind. . . .
Posted: Sat 30 Apr , 2005 8:02 pm
Living in hope

[This post is based on (largely stolen from :) ) the first post of Alandriel’s thread, Board 77 Admin rotation - VOLUNTEER!! / updated 21Apr.]

If you'd like to volunteer for the admin pool, please post in this thread after reading through this first post. Thanks! :)

Current Admins as of 1 May are:
  • laureanna
    Nin
    Primula Baggins
    truehobbit
    Voronwe_the_Faithful

Updated info on this is also available in Welcome: Current Admins & special permissions for users

Volunteer pool (for now and the future): in order of having volunteered

Areanor timezone Europe
Holbytla timezone US
Farawen timezone Europe
Jnyusa timezone US
Maria Hobbit timezone US
Tinwe_Linto timezone US

Ethel / updated 15Apr -> possibly available later (volunteered but is taking a leave until the board is open)
Jude: offers skills as a php and mysql programmer if needed

Terms of office for Admins and other issues are now being debated by the Constitutional pannel and will be brought to the membership to vote on Monday, 2 May.
A draft Admin code of conduct has been hammered out as well as Article 3 of the future constution concerning Administrators -> please see Actual document so far. The proposed constitution is an important document to familiarize yourself with.

This post will be updated with complete information about admin responsibilities, terms of office, etc., as soon as the ratification vote is finished.

Furthermore, a training program is now in effect for volunteer & trainee Admins at the B77 Experiment Forum. Please read the stickies and announcements before diving in :)

Your volunteering, time and effort to make B77 a democratic community is most appreciated. :)

Last edited by Primula_Baggins on Sat 30 Apr , 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 30 Apr , 2005 8:57 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Looks fabulous to me Prim and excellent timing for starting this afresh. Though I was the one who started and mainted this for quite a while, I think it would go over into the hands of the admins and as such, I think my recommendation would be to actually open this thread with the Administrator ID, which is accessible to ALL admins any time and could be used for the mainenance of this thread over time.
Easier perhaps and less potentially troublesome than editing someone's post ;)

If you agree, then how about deleting this lot and doing it one last time with the global Admin ID?

My 2 cents - and thanks for the heads up :)

edit: one thing that perhaps should be mainted also, is the history of who's been admin when. It's somewhere in 'my' thread also, so you can easily copy it over.

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 30 Apr , 2005 9:04 pm
Living in hope

:oops: Didn't think of that. Of course.

Don't watch this space. I'll put up an Aministrator post in a moment and copy the admin history into a second post.

[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: