The Last Homely Site on the Web

Rangers and the Ranger volunteer pool—SIGN UP HERE

Locked   Page 10 of 11  [ 215 posts ]
Jump to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 10:54 pm
Living in hope

I don't think you need to hesitate to contact vison. I don't know if she's up to serving right now, since she's actively getting chemo, but she's posting and seems okay, considering everything. I wouldn't assume she wants to be passed over.

[ img ]

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 11:15 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Jny wrote:
Quote:
Does Holby's response above mean that he doesn't want to do it either?
Holby wrote:
Quote:
Well Jny I had asked Prim to remove me from the list because I didn't think I would be available enough during the summer months.
However if you think you may be in some sort of lurch, then I will do my best to begin July 1st. I just may not be around as much as I am now.
You let me know how you would like to approach this.
Jnyusa wrote:
However if you think you may be in some sort of lurch, then I will do my best to begin July 1st.

Thank you, Holby :love: I think the current admins are the ones who are trying to contact everyone on the list right now and figure out who is available. My guess is that Prim is on top of it.

Jn
I took that to mean I was going to start in July but not be as present as I am now.

I will utter my suggestion again to up the admins to 7.
Between opening and the summer months, I think having seven would make it easier on everyone and wouldn't make people feel pressured to be here on a consistent basis. It is summer after all and I at least spend more time outside doing things other than getting involved in cyber debates.

In any case I plan to start July 1st unless you have someone else who can commit to being here "all of the time".

And sorry for the delay in responding. I had my panties in a twist and had to extract them from my ass.

[ img ]

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 11:16 pm

Okay, Ranger Babe. :)

Although there's no reason why you couldn't contact her.

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 11:18 pm
Living in hope

Except I'm supposed to be working RIGHT NOW and am looking at another late night because I keep popping in to check on things here—

No you're right, if I can do this I can do that. I will PM her the next time I "pop in." :roll:

[ img ]

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 11:40 pm

Thanks Holby. I think we'll mark you down as one of the July incomers.

As for whether we'll need more then five, its really hard to say. Because of the excellent suggestions and work done mostly by Prim, laureanna, Hobby and Nin, we should have things set up so that the Rangers' job is pretty straightforward, even if we have a large influx of people. Changing the set-up so that permissions are set completely through being part of particular groups was nothing short of a stroke of genius, and each of my fellow current Rangers have made significant contributions towards developing a process whereby we should have that plan completely implemented by the time we open. So we really may be able to get by with just five. And I also wanted to make sure that they all got the kudos they deserved for doing such excellent work.

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Jun , 2005 11:45 pm
Living in hope

I just PMed vison.

And I want to mention while you're passing out kudos (no candy?) that the initial stroke of genius about groups was Estel's. She was the one who saw the potential and pointed the way. :)

[ img ]

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 1:58 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Pursuant to Article 3 of the Constitution....

To serve as an administrator, a member should be at least eighteen years of age, have been a member for six months while maintaining a continuous, visible, and contributory presence on the board and have spent enough time on the experimental board to demonstrate an ability to perform the routine functions of an admin.
• The same person may serve as administrator more than once, but not in two consecutive terms.
• A member may not begin a term of office if they are currently involved in any capacity in an Arbitration involving an Administrator or a Hearing on a Ban.
• Registered members as of March 12, 2005 are eligible to serve as admins providing they have spent enough time on the experimental board to demonstrate an ability to perform the routine functions of an admin, and are not currently involved in any capacity in an Arbitration involving an Administrator or a Hearing on a Ban.

¶3: Selection of Administrators

• Service as an administrator is entirely voluntary. It is not linked to service as a jury member except insofar as current administrators are barred from serving on certain juries. A member who has agreed to serve as an administrator and has entered the pool may withdraw their name at any time.

• Eligible members will enter the pool of full administrators when they feel capable and the full administrator who has been coaching them agrees that they are capable. They will then serve their term of office in the order in which they entered the pool, unless some reason prevents them from doing this. If the member is unable to serve a term when it is their turn, but knows when they will be able to serve, they may ask to be scheduled for a particular future term. Otherwise they will simply remain ‘next on the list’ until the timing of a term coincides with their ability to serve.

Oh Primmy !!!!
I am ready for my private lessons. :love: :love:

[ img ]

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 2:06 am
Living in hope

Drop and gimme twenty.

[ img ]

Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 2:34 am
Try to stay perky

* Opens wallet while lying on her back on the ground and starts counting out bills..." 5...10...12.50...15...hold on, I've got change in my pocket"...*

What do you mean, not money?...

Oh. :oops:

I see. :oops:

* Rolls onto hands and knees and slinks away...*

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 2:47 am
Living in hope

What kind of weird Antipodean money has bills for $2.50?

That just isn't natural, Imp. You'll have to hand it over for safekeeping.

[ img ]

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 5:23 am
Living in hope

Vison has said "not yet" to being a Ranger.

So, Alatar—if you want your turn July 1, it's all yours! :)

(And this means the men outvote the women next month. . . .)

[ img ]

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 5:30 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

All these not yets have me a tad bit worried. :neutral: Considering it seems hard enough to fill 5 ranger positions, I don't think we should bump up to seven quite yet. In anycase, with the new user groups set up and not having to deny anyone and tell them they have to get a sponsor, go through a voting period, yadda, yadda, yadda, activating new registrants should be quite easy! :)

It's really not as hard as you guys think! Just give it a shot! :)

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 5:39 am

Eru, I think its just worked out that the people on the top of the list have other things going on in their lives right now. Ro is travelling in the U.S. Jn has worked related issues, and we all know that Areanor and vison have more then good reasons for saying not yet. I think that we have a good head start on volunteers, and that it should work out well. I am looking forward to not getting a second term for a long time. :)

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 6:42 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

In any case, there are the ex Admins to fall back on as temporary helpers if the need really arises ;)

Frelga
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 7:04 am
A green apple painted red

I'm like the guy in that old joke, who came to the Army recruitment office to tell them not to count on him. I understand that the members who have registered March 12 are eligible now, but having registered on March 17 I won't be eligible until September. I'll look into this thread again in a few months. It's just as well, anyway, summer is a busy time.

Regards.

GNU Terry Pratchett

Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 7:31 am
Per aspera ad astra

I wanted to suggest Alatar anyway today or one of these days: He's very present on the boards, a good techie, European time zone, and a level headed person....

Maybe if july is a problem, he can go into into the August train.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 7:51 am
Living in hope

Well, if Alatar prefers August, the next one on the list is Tinwe.

[ img ]

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 9:16 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Alatar wrote:
..I'll actually be computerless for the middle 2 weeks of July. ..... I will, however be around until the 7th July ...
Around till the 7th July - 2 weeks off - back on the 21st July :D ... active for 3 months :cool:

Yes - I know I only quote some bits :oops: but also very relevant bits :)
And I really think we DO need an European as a Ranger (despite the fact Alatar is a native English speaker ;) )

Current Rangers: please do consider this and consider filling in with temps rather than re-shuffling the pool. Not that I want to appear pushy or anything, but I think it's a good idea to have some temps fill in during that crucial time. Dindraug, Estel, Leoba, Eruname etc... ;)

[edit because I got the dates wrong]

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Thu 16 Jun , 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 9:30 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Alandriel

[ img ]

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Jun , 2005 9:46 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

:oops: :love: .. such a charmer :D

anyways... I just realized I'm being dumb here. There are two lots of new intakes because...

Truehobbit and Prim (officially) end their term 30 June
Voronwe, Nin, Laureanna end their term 31 July

thing is... as I understand it, Voronwe won't be here during 1st week of July and Nin's time is limited due to personal reasons (:hug:) Laureanna is around though :)

Of course it's up to Alatar but considering his technical knowhow and his continued presence in all official matter, despite his absence ex 7 July for two weeks.... well...... but it's up to him of course ;)

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 10 of 11  [ 215 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »
Jump to: