The Last Homely Site on the Web

GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION: July 6

Post Reply   Page 15 of 15  [ 287 posts ]
Jump to page « 111 12 13 14 15
Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 9:13 pm
Can never be buggered at all

Well, most of the founders and early invites were m00bies and/or Manweistas, and they're still the majority, although quite many bookies and Talkers have joined.

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 9:22 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

yeah, there was a big wave of M00bies that hit the shores in late January, early February

we're trying hard to assimilate :uhoh:

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
The Tennis Ball Kid
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 9:24 pm
Seeking Wimbledon

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Quote:
Are we M00bs really so omnipresent?
Yes. We're also smug, superior, and condescending.....

Pips, I like it. :)

TTbK

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 9:24 pm
WYSIWYG

Quote:
Are we M00bs really so omnipresent?
Yes! :P
Quote:
I'm afraid I simply don't understand what your objection is.
Exactly what I mentioned in my post above:
Quote:
The more threads, the more the party will spread out - i.e. each thread will be the slower for there being other threads.
Normally, I think, the party finally happens in one place anyway.

Yes, it would be a fast moving thread, but I think a single fast moving thread draws more people than several that move more normally - it just doesn't seem so exciting when the speed isn't breathtaking.
(snip)

The only advantage I see for a forum is that it could truly open, and thus re-enact the opening of the board. (Although I'm not sure if that wouldn't be a bit "twee")

But, as I said, my main doubt lies in the fact that I don't think the party should take place in different threads.
I'm just afraid there's not enough "party-material" around to sustain different threads.
That's why I was so eager to know if you or anyone else has any ideas which would in fact keep a variety of threads going.

I'm speaking from the memory of some great TORC-parties (WCA, movie awards, Halloween parties). I couldn't imagine things like this going on in several threads. In the last WCA for example, everything was very much a live-performance. The red-carpet thread became quiet after the real awards thread had started, and the post-awards party thread never really took off. (Ok, that might have been due to it being very different in character from the awards thread - but still, I had the impression people didn't feel like moving to yet another thread.) The main action concentrated on the main awards thread.

Maybe I'm just unable to imagine something different - that's why I'm asking for something more concrete about what's envisioned, so I can start imagining how it will work.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 9:41 pm

Given the tepid response of most of the other Rangers, I'd say its a moot point, Hobby. :)

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 10:09 pm
WYSIWYG

It'll sound strange, seeing I couldn't bring up any enthusiasm for the idea either, but I'm sorry about that, Voronwe! You were enthusiastic about it, and it's never nice to have an idea rejected. I gave my reasons again, hoping that you would maybe see my point, and not be too disappointed about the rejection. :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Jul , 2005 10:47 pm

Its good for me. ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 15 of 15  [ 287 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 111 12 13 14 15
Jump to: