The Last Homely Site on the Web

Approving new members (process) etc. / update Mar 14

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Apr , 2005 4:38 pm
Milk and kisses

Well, if that's what the majority of posters want, that's what we should do, I think. :) Maybe with the following proviso: we could email everyone who registers/gets invited telling them that the board is still in the process of finalising their governance issues, and therefore not completely functional, and that board77.com will open eventually, as a completely open board with no invites etc. That way, they would have the option to wait and register on the open board once it's up and running.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Apr , 2005 4:44 pm
Living in hope

That would be fair, I think, especially since many people have real problems with joining or participating in a closed board.

So--should we start a poll in Business? Should I?

If we do, I think we should make clear that this would be temporary, only until the constitution is done and a decision is made about when to open. That way people won't think that voting for invites means voting to stay a closed board forever.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Apr , 2005 5:04 pm
Milk and kisses

Good point. :) I'd say go ahead and post it in Business...

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Apr , 2005 6:02 pm
Living in hope

I posted a poll. Everyone, please let me know if I need to rephrase anything. Thanks.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: