*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 10 Aug , 2005 4:52 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

After a few more email prods by me I got the following response today
Quote:
Let me check with support staff at phpbber.com
You should get the backup by 27th July.
Give me another 48 hours to settle this issue.
.. which is interesting considering the date we're at :roll: but they probably meant 27th August. In any case I'll give them another 48h before I'll start spamming them again.
This is really getting rediculous - but what can I do?? :help:

Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 10 Aug , 2005 6:53 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Have they already gotten your money for this?

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

dave
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 10 Aug , 2005 9:08 pm

Alandriel wrote:
they probably meant 27th August.

Or did they mean 27th July 2006

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 12 Aug , 2005 10:08 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

We've got the backup!

:D :D :D

.. and all seems well so far. Alatar is currently trying to install it to see just where all the nuts and bolts are.

.. which means, it's really time for us to start seriously thinking about and getting organized moving (a memberwide discussion and vote will need to take place) and Voronwe will need to get into gear with the legal stuff. (I'm sending you a PM alert shortly)... and a bunch of other things. Exciting, aye? :D
Quote:
from our Charter resolutions:
2. To decide whether to move to our own site.
3. If we move, to resolve the related ownership issues by the end of the calendar year.
... we've got our work cut out if we want to keep that timelimit! :D

Rangers: please lock this thread and revert it back to 'normal' status, make a new global annoucement regarding 'Backup received - next steps', post a summary if possible, put threadlinks into the first post of all the relevant threads as and when they become active.
In order for this NOT to get completely fragmented all over the board I'd like to 'confine' it to a few threads as follows - suggestion:

Business room
- Thread for technical discussion re Board 77 Tech talk open to all members. This thread is already active and being kept updated by Alatar :)

- new thread to be started (preferrably with the Admin ID for easy maintenance: Moving to our own place - member discussion thread. That thread should eventually lead to a memberwide vote on wether to move or not.

- Voronwe according to our article on Ownerership has offered to do the legal legwork on all of this. V-man- please open a thread in business :D :bow:

Jury room
According to our Charter an official subcommitte will need to convene and they can conduct their discussions in the Jury room if they wish to do so. (See Art.11-4
Quote:
This committee should have no more than three members and may be convened by a Ranger or by the administrator of record (as designated to our web host)
but they also need to maintain a business room thread (which is already in existence). Since I am the administrator of record as designated to our webhost (which is phpbb), I'll herewith 'formally' ask for the committee to convene but I leave it up to Alatars discretion of wether he want's to open a thread in the Jury room for tech committee members only or not (or not yet at this stage).

.. those are my suggestions. Thanks :)

Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 12 Aug , 2005 10:38 am
Can never be buggered at all

Has been done. :)

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: