board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Another vote on deleting that wilko thread after all?

Locked   Page 5 of 6  [ 114 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 10:45 pm
Not so deep as a well

I second Frelga! I second Frelga! :D

I always loved the line "I hadn't heard..." :LMAO:

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:00 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Cerin -

to answer an earlier question, both voting articles (binding votes and amendments) are in the same Ratification thread:

Ratification: Voting

The final text of Article 7: Binding Votes, which concerns us here, is in this post:

Article 7

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:14 pm
Thanks to Holby

Thanks, Jn! I hope you're feeling better!

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:22 pm
Thanks to Holby

Regarding this post of Ethel's earlier:
Quote:
There is really no point in holding a vote on deleting the thread if Dindraug's response to it is simply to repost his private issues with the people in question, as he has done twice in the last two days.
I PM'd Ethel asking for clarification as to whether this meant she was withdrawing from the re-vote process. She confirmed that she is withdrawing from the process (and that it was ok for me to state that here), so it appears that we will need one more person to voice support for the re-vote and agree to be on the committee, if we are to move forward.

Faramond
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:25 pm
Digger

Does the Charter address committee members leaving? I can't remember if it does.

The Charter requires that five members call for the vote. I don't think a committee should have to disband or wait in limbo for a new member to come forward if one of the original supporting members leaves.

Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:28 pm
Not so deep as a well

I agree with Faramond, although if someone else wants to fill that slot it's fine with me.

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:35 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

About ready to say I'll do it even though I'm feeling quite burnt out right now.

Who else is on the committee?

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2005 11:38 pm

Look, if you need one more person, I'll do it. I am impartial at this point - agreeable to whatever the majority wants and more interested in seeing how the committee works vis a vis the charter.

The committee does need to be an odd number of members, that's why I'm volunteering, and also to make this whole thing be finished and go away. :(

Voronwe has to continue as your Loremaster ... as acting Mayor I can't do it, and also I want to see how others use the Charter while I try to keep my mouth shut. :)

Jn

truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 12:13 am
WYSIWYG

Quote:
The Charter requires that five members call for the vote. I don't think a committee should have to disband or wait in limbo for a new member to come forward if one of the original supporting members leaves.
Well, actually, there'd been some people who'd volunteered before Ethel started this thread, she just chose to start from scratch.

Voronwe and myself, together with Cerin and Frelga, were really the most original supporting members, only we got dismissed - LOL.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 12:15 am

Th - aren't you on the committee? You can't have been dismissed ... that's not allowable. If you want to be on the committee, take my place. I only volunteered so that we'd have the 11 we needed.

Technically we can't form a committee in the Bike Racks, you see. It needed to be done here in the Business Room. That's why no one started counting until we got up here.

But Cerin and Frelga are on the committee and you can have my place if you want it.

Jn

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 1:46 am
Thanks to Holby

I've reviewed the thread and it seems we have:

Four members supporting the call for a re-vote & agreeing to be on the committee :

Voronwe
Frelga
Hobby
Cerin

with Jnyusa agreeing to take Ethel's place as the fifth person who supported the call for a revote.

Three volunteers of the five we need to complete the committee:

tolkienpurist
Axordil
Ara-anna

Eruname said she was on the verge of agreeing to be on committee though she is feeling burned out. Eru, can we count you in?

So if I haven't missed anyone, we are just lacking two volunteers to complete the second five. My apologies if I have left anyone out.

Others posting in the thread (who haven't already specified that they aren't able to serve on committee) were TORN, Prim, Anthriel, Lidless, Tosh, Myst, MariaHobbit, wilko, Wampuscat and Faramond. (Again, I apologize if I've left anyone out.)

Are any of you able to serve on the committee? If not, I guess we could request a board announcement appealing for volunteers.

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 2:45 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Yes, you can count me in Cerin.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 6:34 am
Thanks to Holby

Excellent, thanks Eru! :)

Hobby, I seem to have a talent for being out of the loop, and I completely forgot about the wilko re-vote thread in Bike Racks. You've been shepherding that discussion from the first -- what would you say about leading this committee discussion?

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 6:36 am
Insolent Pup

I'd be willing to help out on the committee. Do I have to have read the entire thread already?

The 11/3 Project

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 6:42 am

TED, you would have an enormous advantage over the rest of us if you did NOT read the thread. ;)

Jn

Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 6:49 am
Thanks to Holby

Yay, TED! That's it then.

We just have to wait to see who leaps first at the chance to lead the committee.

:D

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 6:59 am
Insolent Pup

Cerin, don't hint at Jn... she's already been the Wonder Woman of some important committees. :D :LMAO:

I actually think I might have read it, or started to, but I gave up because the issue doesn't concern me, and with my memory there is no way I remember even one post from it.

The 11/3 Project

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 7:04 am

I'm sure Cerin wasn't hinting at me. :Q She knows there isn't a chance in hell that I would take charge of another committee at this point.

There's no reason why Cerin can't lead it herself. She was on the Charter committee. We just need a kindly Ranger to give Jury Room permissions to the volunteers.

Jn

laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 7:14 am
Triathlete

Huh!?!?! ***wakes up from nap*** will do that right now, Madame Mayor.

EDIT: I've added these people to the Jury Room Group:
Frelga
Cerin
tolkienpurist
Axordil
Ara-anna
TheEllipticalDisillusion

These people were already there and will be part of the committee:
Voronwe_the_Faithful
truehobbit
Jynusa
Eruname

These people are there also - should they be removed yet?
Alandriel
Alatar
Anthriel
Dindraug
Ethel
Faramond
IdylleSeethes
Impenitent
Leoba
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Primula_Baggins

I'm off to bed now. Some other Ranger is welcome to add the eleventh victim - er- committee member when he/she volunteers.

Well, I'm back.

truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2005 10:28 am
WYSIWYG

Jnyusa wrote:
Th - aren't you on the committee? You can't have been dismissed ... that's not allowable. If you want to be on the committee, take my place. I only volunteered so that we'd have the 11 we needed.

Technically we can't form a committee in the Bike Racks, you see. It needed to be done here in the Business Room. That's why no one started counting until we got up here.

But Cerin and Frelga are on the committee and you can have my place if you want it.

Jn
Jny, I was on the committee, but Faramond's question was about the five members supporting the call for a committee.

I know it couldn't be formed in the bike racks, but just as I was asking whether someone would back me up if I went here to start the thread (because, you know, it didn't look like it from the way the discussion was going in the bike racks ;) ) - Ethel started this, so I was (or rather: felt) dismissed from the group of people supporting the call for the committee.
Cerin wrote:
Hobby, I seem to have a talent for being out of the loop, and I completely forgot about the wilko re-vote thread in Bike Racks. You've been shepherding that discussion from the first -- what would you say about leading this committee discussion?
Yes, I was, (thanks for remembering :) ) but I don't think people would like me to lead this.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 5 of 6  [ 114 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: