The Last Homely Site on the Web

Talk About the Governance of B77

Post Reply   Page 37 of 39  [ 765 posts ]
Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
Rebecca
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 2:00 am

Thanks for answering my question, Eru.

It would be truly wonderful if we could all try a little harder to get along, seeing as so many people are upset over this. Couldn't we all try?

:pray:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 2:16 am
Try to stay perky

Holbytla wrote:
I will be more than happy to entertain any and all questions regarding my decisions here in this thread.
I have absolutely no questions with regard to your decision. Am here to support you in a difficult time (although, when isn't it a difficult time? :neutral: ) and applaud your courage and integrity.

ETA: I'm pretty sure you're thinking "Why me? Why on my watch?" but I'll be honest (and possibly aggravating) and admit that I'm so glad that it was on your watch! All the rangers who have served have had my full support, and I've admired their integrity and their ability to cope under pressure, but frankly - you're the man for now. You are. I so admire what you are doing and appreciate so much that it is costing you emotionally. Thank you Holby.

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 2:54 am
Living in hope

Holby, you have my complete support and admiration as well, which I hope goes without saying.

It is perfectly true that my post would have gone through whether the thread was locked or not.

It's also perfectly true that I was writing the post while Holby posted that he was locking the thread. Nothing perfidious went on. I would not of course have posted after Holby's announcement if I'd known.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 3:37 am
His Rosyness

I may be biased, but I would like to register my discontent at Jn's behaviour towards Eru. I know Jn's gone through a very stressful time with the board recently, and is overdue a release, but being unfair is being unfair and I have to call it. Probably the worst part is brushing her off with "You're a hoot" when she was trying to make a serious point.

(Holby, you made a good decision locking the thread)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Tinsel_the_Elf
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:15 am
* trolley dodger *

Holby, I also believe you made the right decision in temporarily locking the thread. Thank you.

But now, where do I go to cry? :(

Omnia Vincit Amor; Et Nos Cedamus Amori

Need a Laugh? Generate a Laugh!
[ img ]
LOTR Caption Competition #24--->Sauron Gives Isildur the Finger.

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:19 am
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

:bawl:

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:23 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

Alright, Iavas.

The last thing I want to do is deliberately hurt Eru. So I will give her post a serious answer.

I had thought something like "If you disagree with one of my decisions as a Ranger, take it to the Ranger thread. Please do not PM me."

Eru did not contact me regarding something I did as a Ranger. She contacted me about my testimony in the Jury Room, wanting me to change it.

I did not consider that appropriate and I told her so. She wrote back to me saying that I should put it in my sig instead of acting condescending in a PM.

If Eru were the only one who had contacted me in private about the Jury Room, I probably would not have cared. But I have received nearly 100 PM's like that - not requests to change my testimony; Eru was the only one who asked for that - but trying to convince me to call off the hearing, which I cannot do, and/or stating their intention to subvert the Hearing process by whatever means possible. Tell me if that isn't harrassment?

Eru still has not done what I urged her to do in my first, serious and non-sarcastic, non-ironic, perfectly reasonable answer to her FIRST PM. If she disagrees with my testimony, if she thinks it is not representative and gives a wrong impression, she should ask Lalli if she can give contrary testimony. There is nothing to stop her from doing that. Presumably Hal might benefit from it. She should state in the proper arena what she believes to be the truth. What else should I have urged her to do? Nothing said in this arena helps Hal in the least.

Jn

post gutted after considering the wisdom of Prim's advice below.

Last edited by Jnyusa on Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:24 am
Living in hope

We need time and consideration. I think much of the present pain will pass, simply with that.

For the next several days, perhaps each of us could consider not posting angry or insulting posts—and not responding to them.

Fundamentally we mostly all get along and have for a long time.

There is an ongoing process addressing the cause of the initial explosion, with no need at this point for further shouting.

If we stop picking at the scabs for a few days, perhaps the wounds will hurt less.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 4:49 am
His Rosyness

Quote:
If she disagrees with my testimony, if she thinks it is not representative and gives a wrong impression, she should ask Lalli if she can give contrary testimony.
See, this is the problem. You seem to have become ruled by the charter rather than friendship. Screw the goddamn charter. A friend made a respectful request of another friend and got some ridiculous legal bullshit thrown back in her face.

It was said we needed the charter before we could make b77 public.. and yet it's mainly caused problems between original members. There was more mutual respect here before the thing was written. The Charter has not united us, it has done the opposite.

And I must take part of the responsibility for that for not contributing to the process.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 5:17 am

A friend made a respectful request of another friend and got some ridiculous legal bullshit thrown back in her face.

I know that you don't get it, Iavas, that the only way to treat every one fairly is to treat everyone the same.

That means honoring my right to speak in my own words to what I did and why, Cerin's right to receive due process, hal's right to have any mitigating circumstance fully considered, and Eru's right to speak what she believes to be the truth. All of us in the same arena, where the jury can consider all of it and reach a fair decision.

Jn

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 5:26 am
b77 whipping boy

Yeah, continue being condescending, that will help.

There has been nothing fair about any of this. You had a grudge against me, Cerin had a grudge, and you worked together to get me in a hearing, and then you used that hearing to spout off about the whole situation, not present evidence only against me. You used the hearing to try and paint a bigger picture of how evil I am, with no real evidence of breaking the bylaws.

There have been worse posts than Cerin's examples of my "personal attacks" every day since this board opened. I was even surprised myself at the weakness of the case against me.

It should never have gone to a hearing, but you were in a position to make it happen.

I'm flattered you got so many PMs asking you to drop it. I didn't ask anyone to do that. Of course, you probably assume I've had some campaign behind the scenes to destroy the hearing process (or whatever it was Cerin said is threatening the very board)... but I wasn't the one starting a brand new board with other people involved in the hearing.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:27 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Last edited by Eruname on Fri 02 Dec , 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:36 am

It's gone. You win.

Jn

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:49 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Last edited by Eruname on Fri 02 Dec , 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:01 am
b77 whipping boy

Not a bad guy to me, Eru.

:hug:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 12:18 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
All of us in the same arena, where the jury can consider all of it and reach a fair decision.
The arena is supposed to be a GATHERING OF FRIENDS, not a COURT OF LAW. When the board's charter makes you start treating friends so clinically, something has gone very wrong.

Eru, Jn backing down was an admission of guilt. No way are you the bad guy here! :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 12:34 pm

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
All of us in the same arena, where the jury can consider all of it and reach a fair decision.
The arena is supposed to be a GATHERING OF FRIENDS, not a COURT OF LAW. When the board's charter makes you start treating friends so clinically, something has gone very wrong.
:yes:

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 12:57 pm
Gloriosus

Jny didn't go, she just deleted her sig (whatever it was … I didn't catch it).

– – –

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 2:49 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

The Charter in its present form, and the constant arguments over it, will be gone by the end of January anyway.

I'm looking forward to that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:09 pm
The Man who Knows his Tools

Ok, can someone tell me what the hell I missed the last 18 hours that cause such an upset group of people? I will accept PMs.

Criminy, I have to take one evening to deal with something my son did and I return to anger, resentment, and even more nonsense than when I left.

[ img ]

The best measure of our accomplishments in life is not what goods we have accumulated or the recognition gained from actions we have performed, but what we leave for others who choose to follow the path we made for them.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 37 of 39  [ 765 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
Jump to: