The Last Homely Site on the Web

Talk About the Governance of B77

Post Reply   Page 38 of 39  [ 765 posts ]
Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:11 pm
b77 whipping boy

There's an Announcement in the Turf, Fixer, although it's locked...

Oh, and there's a new messageboard...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:12 pm
The Man who Knows his Tools

WTF?

WHERE in Turf? What is the thread title?

[ img ]

The best measure of our accomplishments in life is not what goods we have accumulated or the recognition gained from actions we have performed, but what we leave for others who choose to follow the path we made for them.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:14 pm
b77 whipping boy

It's down a ways, called "An Announcement" started by Voronwe.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:20 pm

Ok, there's that part. What about this BS about a new Charter and why Ax left the Committee all of the sudden?

[ img ]

The best measure of our accomplishments in life is not what goods we have accumulated or the recognition gained from actions we have performed, but what we leave for others who choose to follow the path we made for them.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:25 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
What about this BS about a new Charter
You don't want a new Charter?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:28 pm
b77 whipping boy

That would be in Alatar's "A Suggestion" thread...

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:36 pm

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
What about this BS about a new Charter
You don't want a new Charter?
I really don't care about a new Charter, new rules, or any of the rest of that mess. It really doesn't apply to me any more than the current one does. If I break a rule I expect to be punished and if I don't I expect to be left the hell alone.

New Charter. Old Charter. No Charter. This is all irrelevant to me. All I know is I volunteered to help with an amendment. Even though half the committee has left or is unlikely to participate, I am going to finish what I started.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 6:44 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
New Charter. Old Charter. No Charter. This is all irrelevant to me.
So peace on the board is irrelevant to you? Because the current Charter is not helping that peace.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:01 pm

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
So peace on the board is irrelevant to you? Because the current Charter is not helping that peace.
The Charter was never the problem. It is people's reactions to rules that caused the problems. It doesn't matter who writes the rules. It never did.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:04 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

Fixer wrote:
Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
The Charter was never the problem. It is people's reactions to rules that caused the problems. It doesn't matter who writes the rules. It never did.
Wow.

I couldn't agree more, Fixer.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:06 pm
His Rosyness

I disagree. I think the Charter shows that a guideline system works much better than a "procedure for every eventuality", strictly followed, Charter.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:13 pm
b77 whipping boy

It is not rules that are a problem, it is people using those rules as a weapon... which is similar to what Fixer is saying.

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:26 pm

I find it amusing that my 6-year old son accepts punishment better than a bunch of 20-90 year olds.

The reason I was absent yesterday from these boards is because I discovered my son had told me a rather important lie. In my home, lying is grounds for one week of being grounded (no friends, no fun, educational materials only). His bad luck is that his birthday is on the 6th, and he will be grounded for it. His birthday party has been cancelled and his friends informed there will be no party.

When I informed him of what the results of his actions were, he was sad. He didn't cry. He didn't pout. He didn't cry foul. He didn't throw a temper tantrum. He didn't call me names.

He just said, "Well, I still get to turn 7 and it will still be my birthday? Right?" When I told him yes he was fine with it.

My son accepts the rules, and agrees when he breaks them that his punishment is deserved. I have yet to see some of you demonstrate the level of maturity possessed by my son.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:29 pm

Who's breaking any rules?

And more, why do a group of adults need so many rules just to chat with each other? There's a reason your six year old needs a parent while we don't...................

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:35 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

People,

This thread has left our ordinary members without a place where they can contact a Ranger as needed.

I am editing a change into the title of this thread - to "Talk about the Governance of B77"

and starting a new Ranger contact thread in this forum.

Please continue to conversation here in whatever direction it takes. I'll keep the new thread free of extraneous discussion so that people can use it for its intended purpose.

Jn

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:36 pm
Insolent Pup

yova's right. What rules have been broken? Discussing the rules isn't a violation, even discussing dissolving a chunk of them. It's discussion.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 7:38 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Sheeeeeeeees bbbaaaaaaaack. But Jny's right people might actually need a ranger to do something besides change a rank.

Might as well add my two cents while I'm here. Fixer maybe your son should visit the boards and give us hooligans a lesson in punishment acceptance. Or maybe you should stop playing the fence we aren't 6 soon to be 7 year olds so your stories about how your son can handle punishment better than most of us can is contradictory to your "lets not treat the members like children" shpeal. It was a nice story but who gives a fuck?

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2005 10:22 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
It isn't the charter. It's the people.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 03 Dec , 2005 9:29 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

It certainly isn't the charter - it's the way people handle the charter. It's the many fragile egos and super ego's, the unchecked steaming passions.

Yes - sure, nobody is perfect. I just sometimes wish people thought twice or five times before they just voiced their ever important opinions in a heated moment. That people would be more ready to give and accept apologies or even better that they would hardly ever be necessary because people consider the effect their posts might have more carefully.

..... sorry, feeling very glum and disappointed all around ...... :(

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 03 Dec , 2005 9:31 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

:kiss:

Better?

:D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 38 of 39  [ 765 posts ]