Inactive Members

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 4:27 pm
Not so deep as a well

TP--

TORC just failed sooner than some. They all fail eventually. One must simply be patient. :D And why aren't you voting in the committee so we can finish up? :salmon:

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 4:36 pm
Frodo's girl through and through

Thanks, TP.

:hug:

:)

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Avatar by elanordh on Live Journal

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject: Re: Inactive Members
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 4:44 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Dindraug wrote:
The right to choose is important to all, the right to refuse to choose is also important in a truely democratic system.

If you make people vote because they have to vote because its the rules, that immidiatley takes away the right to choose. You are imposing on them, and that is not what makes a democratic system.
This isn't about making people vote Din. Of course that can't be done and it won't ever be done. This is about people receiving reminders that a vote is coming up.

To me this is like what happens (at least in America) whenever a vote comes up. We all get flyers in the mail, see commercials on TV, or signs on the road telling us to vote for a certain candidate or reminders on the news to get out and vote. None of us have to vote but that doesn't mean we stop receiving the advertisements or reminders. To me that's precisely what's happening here.
Quote:
I would assume that anybody who gets mail like that would also just delete it, or if they are really worried about it, they would have all mail from B77 source refused. Easy to do really ;)
I agree with it. If people don't want to read the emails (which aren't that frequent) they can delete or block them. That's why I don't support people being taken off the all emailees list unless they're someone who has most definately left the board (which they should also put "inactive" in their location and we should then subtract them from the quorum numbers).

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 4:45 pm
Can never be buggered at all

Quote:
TORC just failed sooner than some. They all fail eventually. One must simply be patient.
And democratically ruled MBs are all the time in danger of falling into anarchy... ;) Out of the frying pan into the fire. :D

In this, I'll have to second TP. The "benevolent dictatorship" model works well, if the "dictator/s" doesn't lock themselves in a glass tower but keeps in close contact with the boards, and doesn't choke themselves by pulling the ropes all too tight.

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 01 Aug , 2005 4:50 pm
Not so deep as a well

Eh, whatever. Too tired to argue over it. I just hate despotism, even when it works, simply because it's despotism.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 02 Aug , 2005 7:20 am
Tricksy Elf!

Axordil wrote:
Eh, whatever. Too tired to argue over it. I just hate despotism, even when it works, simply because it's despotism.
Despotism works fine, as long as its MY despotism and you all obay my will! :Q

So everybody smoother your selves in blancmange and get ready to dance with rabbits all night :D

(yep, one of those days. Exploding banana in bag, no lifts and my clear desk that I left last night is this morning littered with sick and divorcing clergymen)

Thanks for sorting out the RP votes Prim. That wasn't a dig BTW, that was just an observation. Because of the way we need seperate e-mail addys for new logins, one of mine is a work addy. I just got confused recently when I got a reminder in my work address because it does not attach the name and gave me a WTF moment. No big deal.

Glad you are grumpy bytheway, Bashful, Dopey and Happy need some cantankerous ones in thier porrage ;)

Ax, I have to say it, if we are talking oxymoron's don't we need a silly cow or two :halo:

:D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: