board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

C_G and SF -mediator might be needed

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Rodia
Post subject: C_G and SF -mediator might be needed
Posted: Fri 14 Oct , 2005 10:06 am

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... um=board77

Alatar suggested mediation might be necessary in this thread. I'm kind of caught up in it already but I don't see how I can be of any use since I think the whole argument is bollocks.

Can anyone help?

SF hasn't even shown up yet by the way, so I don't know which way it will all turn when (if) he does.

I will stick around even if someone takes this, of course...I just don't see myself making much progress on my lonesome.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Oct , 2005 8:57 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I have posted in both of the Bike Racks threads and I am attempting to steer them back on course. I can monitor the thread for a bit. If it appears that a mediator is needed after tonight then we can pull straws out of a hat. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Oct , 2005 11:46 pm

Thanks, Holby. I am useless at this people stuff. Can I just stick to deleting double posts and moving threads? :P

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Oct , 2005 4:48 am
Waiting for winter

I have already mentioned this to Holby in a PM, but I thought it would be a good idea to point it out here as well. The Charter states, in Article 5, paragraph 1, subsection 6:
Quote:
6) If members are having difficulty resolving their dispute they may ask for a Mediator. There should be no more than one mediator, agreed upon by the discussants, and chosen from among those jury pool members who have indicated their willingness to serve in this capacity. Service as a mediator in a particular dispute is voluntary.
(Italics and bolding mine)

I have not had a chance to look at the new threads in the Bike Racks, but it seems that the responsibility for dealing with these issues is not a function of the Rangers. My assumption is that the Mayor would be responsible for assigning mediators, if the thread participants ask for it, although I am not sure about that.

In any case, I do not want to see my fellow Rangers get burned out from trying to resolve every issue that comes up here. That is not our purpose. It’s a member moderated board, so everyone is responsible for moderating, not just the Rangers.

[ img ]

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

Profile Quote
Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Oct , 2005 7:55 pm
Can never be buggered at all

I've also understood that, a Ranger should not act as a mediator. So, if a mediator is needed, the request should probably be forwarded to the Mayor.

And, welcome back, tinwë. :)

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Oct , 2005 7:59 pm

You're all right, of course. I just never did my rangerly homework. :oops:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 17 Oct , 2005 1:11 am
Insolent Pup

They're fighting again? Geez.... C_G told me he'd ignore him.... punk.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Oct , 2005 7:38 pm

Well, I've gotten a PM from a poster letting me know they are prepared to ask for a hearing to be called to(quote)look at their trolling behavior in the Symposium.(unquote) Just letting you guys know this might and probably will happen soon.

:neutral:

(on the side- I would have mentioned the poster's name and all... but I'm not entirely sure whether I should, seeing as this is an open forum and they don't seem to have said they will ask for a hearing anywhere else in public. I bet they wouldn't mind being identified but...uh...just erring on the side of caution here for the moment.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Oct , 2005 8:06 pm
Waiting for winter

Erring on the side of caution is a good thing in this case Ro.

Am I a bad person for relishing the fact that my term ends in less than two weeks? :D

[ img ]

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Oct , 2005 8:13 pm

:rage: *fixes a control bug in Tinwe's golf cart so that it cannot leave the Ranger Forums*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: