Calendar Request Thread

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 66 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Nov , 2005 9:51 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

truehobbit wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask - but if Holby now has those hearts under his name, does this mean we could all get a pic to our names?

I'm assuming that this is the same feature we'd tried out on the old experiment board, where holby had made himself a Vala-banner, and I had a hobbit-banner?

So, is this something we are using here now?
You may speak to me directly. I probably won't bite. :)
Yes it is the same as the experiment board, however you have to choose from a list of already provided rank pics rather than create your own. At least that is how I understood it.

I have no idea what "we" are using here. I chose to put one in my rank.
I would be happy to add them to whomever wishes one, however you are going to have to find out what you want yourselves and the list is a bit extensive.

Here is the link ---> LINK!!

And I would suggest putting requests into the rank thread.

Now I know I am opening a can of worms here, and I don't expect any other rangers to do this. I am willing as time allows.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Nov , 2005 10:32 pm
WYSIWYG

I wasn't addressing you directly, Holby, because I was directing my question to anybody who would care to answer - I thought that any of the Rangers could answer the question.

"We" is the board in general, i.e. everybody on the board.

Thanks for the info and the link!

But I'm still very confused, I'm afraid.

This is something from the admin panel. So we couldn't go and see a list of things, could we?
(And, just btw, why couldn't we just make our own? This was what we did on the experiment board. Uploading them was really easy!)

But, more importantly, as it's on the admin panel, it seems it'll have to be the admins who assign the pics. So, I don't understand what you mean by offering to do it. (Ok, you're a Ranger right now - but if we introduce using this feature, it'll be a general Ranger task.)

And lastly, one reason really that I asked whether "we" are using this feature now: if it's something Rangers can assign to your name, that's fine, it doesn't seem so much more work, but in fact it IS something additional to do, so we should just know whether it's something "we" use or not.
We could have brought the feature over here, right after discovering it on the experiment board, but I had thought that we didn't use it because we didn't want to clutter the forum with more pics and requests and stuff for the admins to assign - however, I don't remember whether we actually ever said as much.
Also, if none of us can see the list of choices as long as we are not Rangers, it doesn't seem to make much sense to have the feature available.
LOL, I'm sorry, I guess I still just sound very confused.

(Edited because I had forgotten you are still a Ranger, Holby - sorry about that, but something in your title would be helpful, I think. :) )

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Nov , 2005 10:59 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I'd appreciate it if this discussion was moved to the appropriate thread: Need to talk to a Ranger?

I am responding there.

Jn, I'd say Rangers should be able to add things to the Calendar as well. It made sense for the Mayor to have access to add things like vote dates but also because I keep track of the birthdays as a regular member.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Nov , 2005 11:23 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Oh ... I just realized that I can add things to the calendar.

You've already added the Lutefisk festival. Thanks!

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 03 Nov , 2005 2:31 pm

You can insert a link any little picture to go with the rank title. I did that with the "rangerized" thing on mine. It's actually linked to an image I made and put up on my photobucket account.

Does anyone else think we should split these rank picture posts off this thread and make a new one?

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 03 Nov , 2005 7:42 pm
WYSIWYG

MariaHobbit wrote:
You can insert a link any little picture to go with the rank title. I did that with the "rangerized" thing on mine. It's actually linked to an image I made and put up on my photobucket account.
Yes, that's what I thought.
Quote:
Does anyone else think we should split these rank picture posts off this thread and make a new one?
Good idea, Maria, I think we should!

Edit: I think I'll just start a new thread altogether - there isn't much to split anyway. :D

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 66 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: