board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Live chat room

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Nov , 2005 8:33 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Well, it's clear that the committee will agree that the new chat board is a really excellent plan but in view of some of the doubts being expressed, may I propose that I recall that after careful consideration, the considered view of the committee will be that while they consider that the proposal met with broad approval in principle, that some of the principles are sufficiently fundamental in principle and some of the considerations so complex and finely balanced in practice, that, in principle, it will be proposed that the sensible and prudent practice would be to submit the proposal for more detailed consideration, laying stress on the essential continuity of the new proposal with existing principles, and the principle of the principle arguments which the proposal proposes and propounds for their approval, in principle.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
S_O
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Nov , 2005 8:39 pm
I love lamp!

In principle, that should be fundamentally sound as the principles are principle in consideration of the principles. Fundamentally speaking of course.

[ img ]
Thank you Isabel!! :hug: :love:

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Nov , 2005 11:11 am
WYSIWYG

Thanks for enabling the option! :)

So, has anyone ever used the room? When I look at the main page, it's always empty.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Nov , 2005 11:15 am
Filthy darwinian hobbit

There was a crowd in shortly after it was enabled Hobby but I soon gave up because of the pop up adverts that filled my desk top. They were the sort that had dialogue boxes that demanded a cancel response then immediately brought up another dialogue box in its place.
With a lot of people it was hard to keep track of who was talking to whom but it was fun for a short while.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Nov , 2005 11:20 am
WYSIWYG

Thanks, Tosh! :)

Ewwww - I hate these pop-ups - make me panic I'm getting some virus or spyware or so! :(

LOL, yeah, groupchats take some getting used to, and talking to one person at a time is much nicer in the long run. :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Fixer
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Nov , 2005 1:26 pm
The Man who Knows his Tools

I was in the chat with Tosh and stayed the duration. It would probably best be used by those WITHOUT IM programs because in comparison to any other IM programs out there it pales. For those of us unable to connect to certain messengers at work it is the only way to chat with some folks.

[ img ]

The best measure of our accomplishments in life is not what goods we have accumulated or the recognition gained from actions we have performed, but what we leave for others who choose to follow the path we made for them.

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Nov , 2005 11:15 am
Try to stay perky

I never get pop-ups, anywhere I go. Must be the Mac OS.

*purrs and hugs her computer*

Lidless, I swear your post was pinched word for word from a Sir Humphrey Appleby speech!

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Nov , 2005 6:33 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

I popped into the chat room half an hour ago and wondered if anyone would notice. I found that after about 5 - 10 minutes (I didn't time it) if you have made no post the spot at the bottom of the index page shows the chatroom as empty even though I still had the window open. In other words there might be someone there but they wouldn't show. I still got the ads but they were slightly less annoying today. I can't stay in the room tonight as I am just going out.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Nov , 2005 6:36 pm
Living in hope

Tosh, that's because you have to be "active" within the past five minutes for the board software to see you. If you go park in one place for more than five minutes, you drop out of sight even though you yourself are still "on" the board. As soon as you refresh a page or load a new one, you reappear.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 1:59 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

tinwë wrote:
My guess is that the majority of the people will never even know it’s there.
It's taken me till today to spot it! :oops:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: