The Last Homely Site on the Web

Split from Charter thread

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 7:40 pm
b77 whipping boy

the thign about message boards is they are fluid.

The reason this discussion happened here is that there was discusison of ranger powers.

I apologize if it made thigns confusing. As to my posting style, well, I can't really change that, as much as I've tried.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 7:45 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Ok ... I'm the only one online right now so I'll have to do it.

I'll try to find where this starts - 26 posts back, Tosh? Given the difficulties with our system I may just split it en masse instead of picking out posts.

Can everyone just be silent for about 30 second? Thanks

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 7:46 pm
Not so deep as a well

hal--
Only about the last page and a half is really OTT, IMO. But I don't want to let it go too far again. The discretion of Rangers when it comes to moving things to the BR or JRoom is relevant to the discussion, but other Ranger powers are not. At this point, at least.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 7:50 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Was that too clunky? I'm trying to get ready for Thanksgiving and grab PM's at the same time in case jurors need help getting into the Jury Room ... so I don't have lots of time and the board won't let you take lots of time to split a thread.

If anyone posted something relevant which is now in this thread, could I ask you to just paste your comment up in the Charter thread again?

Thank you.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 7:52 pm
Not so deep as a well

Thanks, Jny, and I agree this can probably stay here, instead of going to BR.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Nov , 2005 8:02 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't change what is past, but I can avoid making the same mistake twice.

There are a couple of reasons that all of the combattents were not confined to the Bike Racks.
First I was hoping that things could be settled or at least die down. I now know that was the wrong approach.
Second it would have been awfully difficult for me to send anyone to the Bike Racks let alone someone who I know and someone who I have been posting with for a lot of years. The human element. Emotional involvement. Call it whatever.

I should not have let that get in the way. I should have shunned the idea of this being a lightly moderated board and tossed the lot of you out.
That is a mistake I won't make again.

The two of you are so hell bent on only seeing your own perspective and defending your own position that you have totally lost sight of the rest of the people here, causing a much bigger distuption than needed. For that reason alone I should have brought about a hearing.

I didn't because I didn't want to alienate people. Instead the board is alienated. In that aspect I failed miserably.

Now because you let your anger get the best of you, you are involved in a hearing. I did not write those remarks for you. You did that all on your own. The same is true for all of the other parties involved.
Yes I judged there was sufficient reason to warrant a hearing. Period. From what I read and watch play out on the big screen there was sufficient reason.

I chose not to bring the hearing about myself. However one party calls a hearing and one does not.
What is the right thing to do at this point? Should I play favorites and call for a hearing against the other party? How can I do that when I decided not to call one against you?
If you feel it unjust that you are being singled out you can remedy that.
But tell me. Why should I remedy that if you are not willing to?

This board is all about compromise. No one person will ever be totally happy with how things are. Ever. The charter was constructed as fairly as possible. There are avenues to change what does not work. I know of no way we could have done more, or received more input from the members.

It really pisses me off that we are getting this after the fact hindsight crap.
Where was the hue and cry while this was being debated and set in place?
Where was the involvement then?

And if anyone does not like the way things are being done now, then do something about it and stop whining. Have the rangers removed.
Then everyone else can step up to the plate and teach us how it should be done.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: