board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Drop the simplification?

Post Reply   Page 6 of 6  [ 107 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Should we drop the simplification committee?
Yes

46% [ 17 ]
No

54% [ 20 ]
Total votes: 37
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 14 Jan , 2006 9:17 pm
of Vinyamar

For once I agree. It's becoming increasingly obvious that the majority of those most interested in the charter as it stands are no longer here. Much as I would hate to lose all that hard work, for whom are we preserving it? Very few here seem to appreciate its value, so who is it for?

Try it your way for a while. Lets face it, it can't turn out much worse than the last three months. If the place goes to hell in a handbasket you can always reinstate it.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 14 Jan , 2006 10:21 pm

I'm up for trying that, it can't hurt. I think.

But if we're worried about activitiy, just remember that the big blowup happened just before Christmas. I am not saying no one left or became discouraged, but I am saying people usually have their RL interfere during the Christmas and New Year holidays. Like me, for instance.

I am back. I hope I'm not the only such poster.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Tinsel_the_Elf
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 14 Jan , 2006 10:49 pm
* trolley dodger *

:(

For what it's worth, I am not in favor of locking down Business. Dropping the Charter Simplifications at this time, yes, but not locking down the Business Room. It just seems capricious and unnecessary.

Omnia Vincit Amor; Et Nos Cedamus Amori

Need a Laugh? Generate a Laugh!
[ img ]
LOTR Caption Competition #24--->Sauron Gives Isildur the Finger.

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 14 Jan , 2006 11:13 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I don't know, I'm willing to try just about anything at this point to get the boards back to normal, or at least as much as they can be. I mean, think about all the major arguments here and at TORC that have caused people to leave. Most of them had (and still have) to do with how the boards are being run. Yeah, you get a few instances where a couple of posters have had a beef with each other, but by and large when we're discussing topics that don't have to do with the structure of the board, we remain civilized. Maybe if we stopped discussing the structure of the board as much as we could while maintaining it, people would be happier with one another. What have we really got to lose by locking Business for awhile? Ranks and such could take place elsewhere. Like Alatar said, if it doesn't work out it wouldn't be that hard just to unlock it.

Just my two cents. :)

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 Jan , 2006 5:50 am
Waiting for winter

I suppose it’s up to the committee members to decide whether to carry on with the process at this time or postpone it until more people are interested, after all nobody can force them to continue if they are unwilling or unable for whatever reason. Personally I would like to see the work continue, and I will support the committee in however they decide to proceed, but I must admit that there does not seem to be much enthusiasm for this, or anything else for that matter, at this time, and I agree that our efforts would be better spent trying to breath life into the board than working on the charter.

For myself, my time is currently consumed with work, and it is likely to be that way for the next two months. I spent so much time here during the last two months of last year that I am now paying the price, and other than lurking from time to time I don’t expect to have much of an opportunity to contribute here. What time I do have I’d rather spend posting dog pictures and keeping in touch friends in the h00mbase thread. I’m afraid that’s about all I’ll have time for in the foreseeable future.

In the meantime though, I assume that the charter will still be in effect, and I see no reason for closing the business room. Things are no better or worse here then the other forums - the whole board is moving slow right now.

[ img ]

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 Jan , 2006 7:12 am
Insolent Pup

The vote is still a dead heat. Wow.

I'm not really in favor of locking the business room. We're all intelligent people, we can figure out how to get around this if we inject a little less emotion into it all. Sure this hasn't been the simpliest committee, which is ironic. I don't know why this is, but I know the support is... from the vote... around 50%. We can abandon the effort now, or recognize that it's not life-threatening, it isn't destructive, it isn't like some zombie movie a.k.a. the end of the world, and get constructive about it.

A few more days for this vote and then I'm abiding by the wish of the people, whichever way that goes.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 17 Jan , 2006 7:32 am
Insolent Pup

This little informal poll is going to end tomorrow (that's about a week, right?), and since the no's are in the lead... it looks as though the committee will continue. I'll officially close the poll tomorrow at around 10 PM EST when I'm home from work.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 6  [ 107 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to: