The Last Homely Site on the Web

If B77 is deleted- an alternate site to go to:

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 09 Jun , 2006 11:45 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

*E*, when you admin status is activated, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you will see in tiny print, right in the middle, Go To Administrator Panel.

Click on that and it opens an administrator index page. The panel that you use for groups, permissions, etc. is on the left side of the screen. It is organized into different boxes. The first or second box (I've forgotten which) has several options for Premium Service. That's what you click on, but you have to know what you want first, and you have to have a PayPal account to authorize it. They only accept PayPal.

(You get out of the admin panel by clicking on Forum Index. There's a Ranger manual for all of this in Forum Mgt.)

I've forgotten all the options now, but you already have a domain name, so click on the option that does NOT say you want to purchase a domain name. You'll need some info about the domain IP from Lidless to complete all the steps.

And then, they deduct the payment automatically each month so you have to set up some way for members to donate, I guess. Ethel has a new system on her board that is working well. You or another admin might pay a visit over there and see how they are doing it.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 09 Jun , 2006 11:52 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Thanks, Jn! At the time I posted, my admin permissions hadn't been activated yet so I was looking for things that weren't there! I had no idea what to expect - like, big changes or little ones, and just assumed I was blind. :P But in fact, I just hadn't been switched on yet. Thanks to tinwe, cem, and Alatar, we seemed to have gotten everything figured out and will start organizing donations this weekend.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: