The Last Homely Site on the Web

Forum Timeouts

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Leoba
Post subject: Forum Timeouts
Posted: Mon 24 Jan , 2005 7:56 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

I just experienced my first one. :shock:

However, it follows on the heels of slower and slower evenings trying to navigate pages.

So the question is - what's the issue and what are we going to do about it? Is it bandwidth and lack thereof? Can we help by keeping pictures small/not inserting them in posts? Do we need to pitch in and pay for something?

truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 25 Jan , 2005 1:28 am
WYSIWYG

I'm wondering whether this has to do with the virus thingy that's going round?

TORC was down today for some time because of that virus that attacks php-boards (also the reason the link in your invites-thread didn't work, Leoba - TORC is back to the "viewtopic2" variation.

By the time I read about that virus last time the attack was already over, but when I realized now that the downtime earlier tonight must have been due to that of course I worried about b77, too!

It seems that depending on which version you have, it can't harm you (LOL, I don't know the first thing about this stuff, just repeating what I can gather from Jonathan's info in TOR), but I'm wondering if we are safe, so I came over here to ask if anyone knows anything or can check on that. :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: