board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Necessary?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: Necessary?
Posted: Sun 23 Apr , 2006 8:09 pm
Insolent Pup

Do we need the bike racks anymore? We don't really use them seeing as half of the personalities who might be at odds don't post here often, and the other personalities don't seem to be at odds with anyone else. Also, we could just use that jury room as the bike racks since we have hearings almost never.

Comments?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 23 Apr , 2006 8:42 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I don't see how we need it anymore. It hasn't been posted in for weeks. I think combining it with the Jury Room would be a good idea, as there don't seem to have been enough people posting here lately to necessitate two separate forums for disagreements that haven't even been occurring.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 23 Apr , 2006 9:29 pm

Meh. It's not bothering anyone, why bother with it.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 23 Apr , 2006 9:33 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I agree.

It's not worth messing with. Leave well enough alone.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 7:55 am
Insolent Pup

It wouldn't take much to get rid of....

Eh, just a question...

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 2:02 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I think I'd rather have people spend time reaching some sort of agreement on the Ranger issue rather than the BikeRacks. (I agree, btw, that it seems unnecessary right now, but I really would just as soon leave well enough alone.)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 2:07 pm

Lali, do you care, if you stay Rangered or not? As I said before, if they don't mind staying, they should just keep it. Nobody will mind.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 2:12 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

No, I don't mind staying. (I've liked my stint as Ranger.) I don't want anyone to think that I'm power-hungry, though. I don't mind stepping down either. It just seems that it's an awful lot of work to go through every three months to find 5 (?) new people to take over the responsibilities.

Perhaps people would consider longer terms? Less Rangers? What about 3 Rangers for 6 months or 9 or even 12? Maybe the person agreeing to Ranger could have the option to "renew" his/her term at the end of 3 months. Then, if they wanted to step down, they could hunt up a replacement, but if they wanted to stay, they could. All other things would still be in place to remove a "bad" Ranger.

??? Just ideas. I'm not looking to start a big fight or anything.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 4:23 pm
Insolent Pup

Actually, I like that idea, Lali. There should be an option to renew your rangerhood, and if anyone objects, they could... I dunno, make a poll about it or something.

Five rangers for five months or six months might be better especially if the person is enjoying it. The rangers don't do too, too much here except for change ranks, and move/lock topics if necessary. Not to minimize anyone's current or former status as a ranger (mine including), but really the ranger powers are used infrequently.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 4:26 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

<smacks Lali around briskly>

How DARE you say something like that, wench?

:Q

Actually, I have no idea why this would cause a fight. You had a great idea here:
Quote:
Maybe the person agreeing to Ranger could have the option to "renew" his/her term at the end of 3 months. Then, if they wanted to step down, they could hunt up a replacement, but if they wanted to stay, they could.
Some people seem to enjoy the Rangering experience, and some seem to count the minutes until it is over. If someone is comfortable doing it, that seems like a blessing to the board... renewal sounds good.

Hate to bring this up, though, but what if someone on the board is really looking forward to the Ranger's tenure expiring, if you get my drift? (Not that anyone would feel that way about my Lali, and if they did, I'd have to get the salmon out for them...) Should there be some way for the board members to give their input on a Ranger's renewal, in a way that won't incite board wars again?

As for the BR, I don't see a pressing need to explode it... it's kind of nice to come here and realize that place is empty and dusty.

Just my two cents' worth...

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 4:33 pm
Best friends forever

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Leave well enough alone.

I can't, offhand, think of any more worn-out cliches, but when I do, I shall post them for your amusement. :D

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 4:46 pm
Insolent Pup

I look forward to more cliches a la vison. ;)

One method for objecting to a ranger's renewal could be anonymous poll. Though, I'm not sure how sensitive people are still, so I don't know how well that would work... maybe some kind of agreement when you become a ranger that you may receive some objections to your renewal claim. Personally, I wouldn't care if I saw people voted against me.

There might be a better way...

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 5:17 pm

How bout:

- if someone wants to stay, they stay.
- if someone wants to take over, they can take over.
- if someone objects (highly unlikely) to a Ranger staying, they leave.

No thought required. The simpler, the better.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 24 Apr , 2006 5:34 pm
Insolent Pup

:yes: That's a better idea.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 25 Apr , 2006 3:12 pm
Milk and kisses

LalaithUrwen wrote:
No, I don't mind staying. (I've liked my stint as Ranger.) I don't want anyone to think that I'm power-hungry, though. I don't mind stepping down either. It just seems that it's an awful lot of work to go through every three months to find 5 (?) new people to take over the responsibilities.

Perhaps people would consider longer terms? Less Rangers? What about 3 Rangers for 6 months or 9 or even 12? Maybe the person agreeing to Ranger could have the option to "renew" his/her term at the end of 3 months. Then, if they wanted to step down, they could hunt up a replacement, but if they wanted to stay, they could. All other things would still be in place to remove a "bad" Ranger.
Nobody would think that you're power-hungry, Lali. :) I agree with you that it's a lot of work.

Your suggestions sound good to me: less Rangers and longer terms, particularly the one about a renewable term. I'm not particularly thrilled about staying as a Ranger longer than my allocated term (in case there is another explosion, you see ;) ), but I don't mind it as long as it's peaceful.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: