The Last Homely Site on the Web

Skin designed by Stella - comments helpful

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Jun , 2006 8:34 am
of Vinyamar

In Aeolus, there are many extra images used in the design that would have to be manually tweaked. The forum header bars are repeating images, so they can be colour graded from top to bottom, but not left to right. Best thing to do is download the theme and play around with the images. Beware though, I'm pretty sure Aeolus has an "All rights reserved, you may not use this for your own template" warning in there somewhere.

I think the style is really nice, and its based on Aeolus, which I use, but I'm more likely to use Eru's style, since I prefer the Rivendell theme. I'd be glad to help you out with your theme also if you want.

ETA:
Quote:
Aeolus phpBB Style Notes

You are allowed to use this phpBB style only if you agree to the following conditions:
- You cannot remove my copyright notice from style without my permission.
- You cannot use images from this style anywhere else without my permission.
- You can convert this style to another software, but converted style must have my copyright.
- If you want to create new phpBB style based on this style you must ask my permission.
- If you modify this style it still should contain my copyright because it is based on my work. Modified style should not be available for download without my permission.

For support visit: http://www.phpbbstyles.com

To change style configuration edit file "templates/Aeolus/Aeolus.cfg". That file allowes you to enable/disable clickable cells and change color of cells.

If you want your forum to run faster or if you want to see additional features of this style I recommend you use eXtreme Styles mod for phpBB.

Sincerely,
Vjacheslav Trushkin (aka CyberAlien).

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Jun , 2006 6:52 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Yeah, I just downloaded a couple schemes that I like and spent the morning trying to mess with them....

I have no idea whatsoever what I am doing. To bad there isn't some sort of instructional sheet or something for this :roll: If I ever figure out how to do any of this - which, getting my computer to even be willing to open some of the files would be a start to - I'll attempt to make a skin.

Until then, could an admin lock this thread. There is really no reason for it at this point :(

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Jun , 2006 9:16 am
of Vinyamar

Well, theres no need to lock it! Pick it up when you're ready!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: