board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Adult Boardom?

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Should we be concerned about having younger (17 and under) people vieweing this board?
Yes

33% [ 6 ]
No

67% [ 12 ]
Total votes: 18
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 2:56 pm
Gloriosus

Legal issues were mentioned before, we must respect them or get our behinds sued off in case someone court-happy enters.

I propose a disclaimer:
:D I am above 18 years of age. If I am not and enter nontheless, b77 will not be held responsible for any offense or damage to the soul I might be taking through foul language, explicit thesauri and holby's sig pics, and boy, there's a lot of damage to be taken. In any case, if I enter, I will be treated as if I were above 18 years of age, which is something quite unusual on other boards. And if you misbehave, you'll get punched like a bag until you wish you'd never hit the "enter" button, even though you may be already in retirement and are an elder statesman who once played a leading role.

:sick: I wish I were above 18 years of age.

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 4:34 pm

Sounds good! :mrgreen:

And the thing about the age of 13... They say that's when most people start to understand irony. As far as I can see, you shouldn't be allowed to use the internet if you can't. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 5:06 pm

:LMAO: Playful Intelligentsia!!!!

I like that.

And our slogan: "Verbose and grammatically correct discussions about underwear."

:LMAO:

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 5:19 pm
Milk and kisses

LOL, that is soooo us :LMAO:

I voted "no" in this poll because I'm not concerned about young people being "corrupted" by reading this board. Frankly, I think they'd be bored with us wrinklies soon. :P

Also, I cannot conceive someone suing us for "corruption" :Q ... the whole "suing" culture is completely alien for me. If I see something that offends me, I tend to look away, or at most, write a letter to the owner of the media in question, not to seek compensation. But (big BUT) if that happens, then we ought to be covered by at least a disclaimer, although I personally think that the Terms & Condition should be enough.

I like th wording of Mummpizz's suggestion. :mrgreen:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 5:27 pm
Living in hope

I agree that nothing on this board is likely to attract kids, or interest them after the first glance, but a definitely worded warning would be a courtesy to parents. Some people think that Tolkien is for children, after all, and a few of those might find their way here through the Tolkien connection.

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 5:56 pm
That Weird American

I love that line about how we're not supposed to post sexually-oriented material...

*looks back at the memories of his posts*

Hmm...too late.

"Poster Power"...was it wrong to immediately think of "Poser Power"?

I like Mummp's idea...and remember, if we go to our own servicewe can make any damn disclaimor we want.

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 7:53 pm
Living in hope

Of course we can. But as a parent, I appreciate fair warning, and it would be courteous to express it politely. It's a sign on the door. Inside we can still do as we like.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Feb , 2005 11:40 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: