The Last Homely Site on the Web

In Case of Emergency - Calling all Techno Geeks :P

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 7:54 pm
b77 whipping boy

Just wanted to say that I'm actually an employed PHP programmer... although I hesitate to volunteer to handle "emergencies" as I'm sure the moment one happens I'll be unavailable.

There have been a couple of things I've noticed that I wish I could see the code for... because it seems like they could be made better.

Ah well, lets just put me down as a resource, and we'll see about moving on from there :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 3:36 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

You will probably be able to help with setting up the new board hal. We'll definately need it! :)

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 10:14 am
of Vinyamar

I'm fairly good technically. Not a PHP expert but I'm familiar with MySQL which is the Boards' backend. I'm also fine with general domain hosting configuration and stuff. I could also install updates and patches if necessary. Do we have a backup cron set up?

My time zone is GMT.

Alatar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 4:02 am
Aspiring to heresy

I can help too when needed. I do php and mysql (and a whole bunch of other stuff)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Mar , 2005 3:26 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

So cool to learn that we have a few techies on here! Makes me feel more at easy. :D

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 12:21 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

:D :D :D Fantastic!!!!!! Thanks people!

I think just as soon as we're a bit more done with the Governance issues (which of course you ought to follow Constitutional convention we ought to form a 'technical pannel' of some sort and attack the issues straight up ahead. I've asked Estel and Lidless to start with an info thread of some sort re the development of the Board77.com website (just as soon as they have time to do so) and then we can pool all our resources and discuss :)
So keep your eyes glued to 'Business' :D

In the meantime if you have time or inclination to 'play' on the 'training board'. Please go ahead. I believe we'll be using the phpbb software as a basis to run the board (though of course that will be also a point of discussion when we start in earnest focussing on that topic).

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 9:11 pm
of Vinyamar

Rather than start another thread for this, where do you intend hosting the site? What sort of bandwidth requirements do we need? Who's paying for it? Do you need contributions?

Also, is the site going to be called Board77? Or is that just a temporary name?

Alatar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 9:27 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

These and many other questions I'm sure will be answered in due course. I know you're excited and so am I :D but a bit of patience please. This is really something that Lidless and Estel will need to start and right now they're very busy (Estel with Admining running 10'000 things simultaneously and Lidless with getting back into the swing of things after being away for a while).

What I can tell you is that Lidless has paid for the B77.com name. We'll most probably be a non-profit site but there will be a way for members to contribute. All this will be hashed out as part of the convention and later on the more technical details just when we get around to it.

A new seperate thread WILL start - just as soon as possible :)

You could also read (if you have not done so already) the threadShall we move and some other 'old' stuff that's floating at the bottom of this forum. Thanks for your patience :)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: