board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I'm tired of it

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 16 posts ]
halplm
Post subject: I'm tired of it
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 5:57 pm
b77 whipping boy

I don't know what anyone can do, but people who mostly hang out on HOF, where my name has been smeared beyond even what I thought they would do, continue to harass me about it.

Yes, I use the word harass, which is the reason I was taken to a hearing hear oh so long ago.

If I can't post without it being assumed that I'm trying to cause drama, or stir up trouble, then I can't post at all. I can't continue to function as a member of this board, if people are going to continue to treat me this way.

What exactly, should be done about this? I don't know, but I'm open to suggestions.

bring on the "it's not all about you, hal" crap...

Last edited by halplm on Thu 20 Sep , 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

yovargas
Post subject: Re: I'm fucking tired of it
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:08 pm

halplm wrote:
What exactly, should be done about this? [/size]
Suggested options:

- apologize for all the hurt you've caused
- take some responsibility for your actions
- work to regain the trust you've lost
- be less antagonistic and negative
- actually stop causing drama and stirring up trouble instead of merely saying that you don't

Those would be good places to start.

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:11 pm
b77 whipping boy

In other words, take full responsability for everything that's gone wrong since TLE posted those stupid pictures on TORC? And then take everyoen's shit for it like a good little boy?

How about everyone else that was involved taking responsability? How about the fucking HOF people admit they screwed up just as much as anyone here, and rather than admit it and try to fix things, they started their own dictatorship where they could just run everything the exact way they wanted to without having to adhere to any rules themselves?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:16 pm

Blaming everyone but yourself for your problems hasn't been working so far, hal. Maybe it's time to try a new tactic.

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:17 pm
b77 whipping boy

yep, it's all in my head, everyone else I've had problems with is perfect.

Maybe my fucking problem is that I let them get away with it.

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:19 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

This reminds me of a Monty Python sketch...

The record's stuck..
The record's stuck..
The record's stuck..
The record's stuck..

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:20 pm
b77 whipping boy

You know, Holby, maybe now's not the BEST time to start talkign to me again

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:21 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I was talking at you.

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:24 pm
b77 whipping boy

because that's better...

yovargas
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 6:24 pm

halplm wrote:
I'm open to suggestions.

Liar.

TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 7:06 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Here's how this works.....

hal will go on a rampage.

No one has enough sense to ignore him.

hal rampage continues because obviously I'm the only one with siblings and learned that if you IGNORE them they will eventually stop. Yes, I know some of you are only children :P

hal go focus on something else because being pissed that you were banned from HoF and others can still go there isn't worth destroying this board again. You are acting like child and I can't wrap my head around any of this. But if you want people to believe you then walk away right now and get a fucking life.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

halplm
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 7:13 pm
b77 whipping boy

yovargas wrote:
halplm wrote:
I'm open to suggestions.

Liar.
No, you just did not understand what suggestions I was looking for. Those being suggestions about how we could fix this false impression people have of me, not how to fix ME, as that's a different issue entirely, and one I'm not really willing to take advice on at the moment.

TM, I did not go on a rampage, I was being attacked, and then ignored, I want this stuff discussed.

TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 7:16 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Quote:
TM, I did not go on a rampage, I was being attacked, and then ignored, I want this stuff discussed.
Then why have you started three threads in ten minutes There's a way to go about things and a way not to. You constantly go about things the wrong way.

What's false about their impressions? You keep proving that their impressions are right!! Now, I know they are wrong because I know you and you are stubborn but you aren't malicious.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

yovargas
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 7:18 pm

halplm wrote:
No, you just did not understand what suggestions I was looking for. Those being suggestions about how we could fix this false impression people have of me...
That is exactly what I was trying to give you. It was my very final attempt. I'm done now.

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 7:20 pm
b77 whipping boy

I started three threads, because there were three different topics.

1. the constant harassment I face from people who have formed a certain opinion of me, and what might be done to address that. (here)
2. The specific and often repeated claim that I am an instigator, and just out to cause trouble. This, despite the move to the bikeracks, was in fact NOT starting trouble, but asking people to stop attributing that to me. But people continue to assume the worst of my motivations.
3. The cross-posting thread, which has always bugged me, and will continue to bug me whenever it causes issues like the one in Eru's thread.

Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Sep , 2007 8:17 pm
Let the dice fly.

TM is right. :P

yov is right in a different way, hal (yes, I know I'm now ignoring TM's advice)...I know you think there are people who will never change their opinion of you no matter what you do, and you're probably right about that. But there are other people who possibly could, and if you took some of yov's suggestions and took an objective look at some of this drama, maybe in the future when you felt harrassed, more people would be inclined to see what you were talking about rather than simply discounting your opinion because of stuff like this...

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: