21% [ 4 ]
Areanor

5% [ 1 ]
Total votes: 19
*Alandriel*
Post subject: Admn replacement for Gimli - Poll added Feb 23, ends March 4
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:27 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Well, this is a bit early for we really can't put a poll up until we know who takes over from Eru (and that poll ends on the 14th Feb).

But... seeing this up will make Tut-Ank-Gimli feel better ;)

.. and.. who knows... it might entice some of the many gentlemen of B77 to put themselves forward ere this board is entirely run by... dare I say it... women! :Q ;)

to the revered Admins : please edit this post and add a poll on the 14th Feb. I'm cruising the slopes then :mrgreen:

Nominees so far are: (incl. a ref so you can maybe take into consideration the timezones)

Leoba (UK) mostly office hours and some evenings
Alassante Estel (US) on and off all day 8am-1am EST (GMT -5)
Peeg (Australia)
True Hobbit (Germany) mostly afternoons /evenings
Areanor (Germany - but usally on very late a night so more like US ;) )

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Thu 10 Feb , 2005 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:55 pm
WYSIWYG

What's wrong with the board being run by wimmin? :halo:

(But, yeah, it would be nice to have some male volunteers! :P )

I thought Estel was going to take over from Eru? (Ok, the vote isn't closed yet, but last time I looked she was in the lead.) And why isn't Ro in the list? :confused:

Um, my online times: never in the morning, because either I work, or I'm sleeping, but very often in the afternoon, and, because I have no life, regularly at evenings and nights till very late. :roll:

Have fun skiing, Alandriel! :mrgreen:

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:58 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

It is my opinion that the original members of this board should have first crack at adminning (is there such a word?).
There are still many original members that probably have interest.
Without talking to her, I am going to put forward Farawen's name.
I realize she will be ties up for the next month or so, but by the time we settle all of the details and voting, she will be nearly ready.
Anyway, whether she wills or nills, she gets my nomination.

[ img ]

truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:11 pm
WYSIWYG

Holbytla wrote:
It is my opinion that the original members of this board should have first crack at adminning (is there such a word?).
There are still many original members that probably have interest.
Looks at list of nominations, looks back at holby's post, looks back at list of nominations.
:scratch:
You know, apart from peeg, those people ARE all original members!

But apart from that I don't agree - why should original members have a first shot? I mean it's flattering. Or something. But I don't see the reason.

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:29 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

There are probably original members that have been waiting for their turn to admin. Since they have been here and waiting, they imo should have first crack. Kind of like waiting in line at Disney, to get on one of the rides.

[ img ]

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:29 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Can I nominate Jn as well (of course she'd have to accept ;) ) She's been doing an awesome job helping set up procedures for this board. She's practically an admin right now!

I know she's not an original member, but the woman's awesome!

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:31 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I was just stating an opinion. Certainly there are many capable people here, regardless of their join date. It just seems a little unfair to me to bypass people that may have been waiting.

[ img ]

Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:35 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Waiting or not, popular nominations get on the ballot box.

Sorry, I see no difference between the Firstborn and the others, and refuse to treat / vote according to any such artificial differentiation.

"Sorry Mr. Kennedy, you're too new. There are other Democrats here before you and now it's their turn. Now get to the back of the line."

[ img ]

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:38 pm

Ro isn't on the list because she'd make a useless admin. By her own admission. ;)

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:39 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

We aren't talking about a position of power here.
It is nothing more than a figurehead/janitor position.
Surely everyone here can learn the responsibilites of the job, and there may be some willing to try their hand at it. Give something back to the community.
I any case, I am not terribly bothered either way. Just trying to be respectful.

[ img ]

Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:40 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Eru, thank you. :D

I have to temporarily decline though, and feel bad about it because I want to do my duty. But I really want to do two other things first, so that I don't screw up big time ... (1) learn more about how messageboards work; (2) help us get substantially through the governance decisions, because they're rather complicated, interdependent you know, and I've had experience doing that which I've not had using phpbbbbb stuff.

This is also not a great time for me vis a vis RL.

If there are terms ending in the late spring, I'll volunteer to be a nominee at that time.

Meanwhile, can I make one suggestion? If the people who are being nominated could provide the hours when they're usually online in GMT, so that availabilities are easy to compare. That way it will be easier to spread the admins over the necessary time frame.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:43 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

That's fine Jn.

Ro, that's simply not true. I've made the same mistakes as you...even two years after having gotten a modding job. It happens and that's fine.

I think your name should be back on there.

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:58 pm

Eru, :hug:, during the two days in which I had admin power I felt like a dungbeetle bragging that it could drive a demolition truck. Trust me...I'm not a good choice. The biggest problem is that I simply get scared. There will be a thread that needs looking after and I'll keep putting it off by five minutes, which will become hours, days, and in the end someone else will have to take care of it. I have the same problem committing to RP's.

So when I say I wouldn't make a good admin, I mean it. I wanted to see how the boards worked- I saw. Plus you had the genius idea of the experiment board (wonder why I never thought of that). There's no point in my being admin right now.

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 10:54 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

:doh1:

Oh man! Just goes to show how badly I need a holiday :oops:
Rodia should be on that list (she is now) - sorry (and I don't care how many time you say it. You will would make a fab admin.

Holby we've been striving very hard not to have different 'classes' of posters here. Sure I can understand that you'd like to give the 'oldies' first go. Trust me though when I say that many are still... erm... recovering :halo:

ANY poster here, that spends a goodly time on this board should feel free to put themselves forward or be suggested.

When I hear from Farawen that she'd be ok to cover for this round (that would be starting probably around 22/23 Feb then I'll gladly add her to the list of volunteers.
Admins.. feel free to edit and fill in as we go along ;)

And since we're at nominating people: (I've already knocked on Jny's door via PM so I knew she's too busy right now... but who's to say about later :mrgreen: )

I nominate Holbytla .... for you've played around quite a bit with the practise board and seem to have a knack for it. Besides... you spend a lot of time here ;)

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 10:59 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I may be here quite a bit this last week or so, but that is an anomally.
At best, I could be here a few hours in the evening, EST. More on weekends. I may have knack for figuring things out, but I am far from ready. There is still much to be learned.
Perhaps in the next wave I would be better suited.

[ img ]

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:06 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

At least you did not say NO outright :mrgreen:
Great! Will add ya on the 'pending for later' list

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:19 pm

But I don't WANT to be an admin! :bawl: I was de-admined practically at my own request...when I said in this thread that I wasn't on the list because I wouldn't be any good I wasnt trying to suggest you thought so and excluded me for that reason, I was saying what I thought...

[ img ]

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 1:30 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Availability - on and off all day 8am-1am EST (GMT -5). :p

And I nominate Lidless, just to prove Oreo right, lololol.

Of course, giving Steve power over the boards? :Q :scratch :bawl:

errr, maybe not :damnfunny

Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 1:31 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

That'd be like giving a potato peeler to Lorena Bobbitt.

No. Not a good idea at all.

[ img ]

Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 8:28 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

My regular hours glued to the screen are 8am - 4:30pm GMT, Monday to Friday. Though that will flip to the same hours on BST at the end of March of course. You can add a couple of early evening hours in there too, but they are more random and in the winter months I keep up at weekends too (usually European daytime).

I think Farawen said she couldn't do this until after her finals (end of March).

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: