Request for a hearing about "The Rangers" and myself

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 48 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Estel
Post subject: Re: Request for a hearing about "The Rangers" and myself
Posted: Thu 27 Nov , 2008 10:18 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

halplm wrote:
Or, the rangers could just admit the whole idea of banning him for a week was a bad Idea and wrong, and maybe the whole thing could be put behind us. Maybe.

Except it wasn't wrong, except in your eyes and in CGs eyes.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Thu 27 Nov , 2008 11:53 pm
Insolent Pup

So, is this poster's request for a hearing being denied? Sniping aside.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Posted: Fri 28 Nov , 2008 1:03 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

This poster has zero grounds for calling for a hearing against anyone at this point in time.

If he wants to post in the business room a request for a charter amendment committee, to consider changing Article 3 so that all rangers can be brought to a trial of some sort and ditched or penalized as a group, he can do that. If 5 posters sign up, agreeing that this is a fruitful endeavor, they can meet in the jury room, draft whatever they want, and present it to the board for a vote.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Fri 28 Nov , 2008 1:14 am
A song outlasts a dynasty.

The banning was entirely justified, as CG breached a sanction placed on him, not for the first time, and had been warned of the penalties for doing so by the rangers serving at the time.

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Fri 28 Nov , 2008 8:50 pm

Well, according to the rangers the committe meeting that is going absolutely nowhere is supposed to take priority over any hearing.

That way by not having the committee meeting they have two layers of insulation against being called to account for their rule breaking and unjustified banning - the second layer of insulation being that they all agree with the statement "even though I do not have any fear of having the evidence shown to a jury, I will not agree to allow the evidence to be shown to a jury."

Meanwhile, if I were to call for an amendment to Article 3, the current committee meeting that is going nowhere would take precedence over that as well, I am sure the rangers will decide as such.
Crucifer wrote:
The banning was entirely justified, as CG breached a sanction placed on him, not for the first time, and had been warned of the penalties for doing so by the rangers serving at the time.
A hearing should determine if you are telling the truth or not. Which you aren't.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Thu 12 Jan , 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Posted: Sat 29 Nov , 2008 1:02 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

CG wrote:
Well, according to the rangers the committe meeting that is going absolutely nowhere is supposed to take priority over any hearing.
That's because the call for committee got lost inside another thread when more quarrels were imported into the thread.

But you know what, I can fix that right now.
Quote:
Meanwhile, if I were to call for an amendment to Article 3, the current committee meeting that is going nowhere would take precedence over that as well, I am sure the rangers will decide as such.
It's not up to the rangers to decide what committees can or cannot form, and we've had charter amendment committees running simultaneously before, even amendments being done while the charter was still being written because we discovered that things already ratified had to be changed when the office of Mayor was created.

I would strongly urge you to use the procedures provided before saying that they don't work. But if you can't find five people interested in your endeavor, then you have to give up on it until the cause becomes more popular.

The other thing I would say about all this is that the charter PLAINLY needs to be simplified. Posters don't even know how to start a committee because they have to wade through so much crap to get to it, and being able to initiate governance was one of the main things we wanted to achieve.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Sat 29 Nov , 2008 1:07 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

According to my calendar it is the Thanksgiving weekend. If anyone thought anything was going to happen around here during this weekend, they are in for some disappointment. People started traveling on Wednesday and I don't expect things to return to normal until Monday.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Sat 29 Nov , 2008 1:08 am

Jnyusa wrote:
The other thing I would say about all this is that the charter PLAINLY needs to
be simplified. Posters don't even know how to start a committee because they have to wade through so much crap to get to it, and being able to initiate governance was one of the main things we wanted to achieve.
It's probably the main reason I never volunteered to be a Ranger till now. I find it very difficult to read since I don't read technical speak too often as it is.

Thanks for providing input on this situation, jyn. :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 48 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: