board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Some issues with how this board is run

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
halplm
Post subject: Some issues with how this board is run
Posted: Tue 19 May , 2009 4:06 pm
b77 whipping boy

I did not want to start this thread, so anyone that wants to blame me for "boardwide disruption" or "starting too many threads" blame someone else.

However, the topics are being lost in the ranger thread, and it seems to be upsetting people that the discussion is there, so here we go.

Issue 1:
Is it now considered appropriate to ban someone with no warning after two posts, neither of which breaks any rule of the board in any way, because of an alleged failure to comply with a jury decision that also presents a lesser penalty for failing to comply? This is with no discussion of the issue at hand, or any possible misunderstanding surrounding said jury decision.

Issue 2:
Is it the job of the rangers to split off topic posts from threads? It certainly used to be. I used to have threads split all the time, even when I didn't want them to be split. In fact, this has caused me many problems, as it ends up with posting in multiple places on the same topic which has led to accusations of "boardwide disruptions" and so forth. Now, however, due to changes in the board software, and rangers wanting to spend as little time as possibe rangering (who can blame them), it seems to be considered unreasonable to ask that a thread be split. If this is a practice that is no longer going to be done, it would be good to know.

Issue 3:
Is it acceptable to harrass people by putting them on your "ignore list" and then going into every thread they are participating in and saying "hey guys, I have this guy on ignore, and my life is great just because of that, you should all try it too!" I can tell you from personal experience that this is not pleasant to read, and certainly seems to not fit in with the "new charter" and the idea of treating everyone with respect.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject: Re: Some issues with how this board is run
Posted: Wed 20 May , 2009 4:56 pm
b77 whipping boy

not sure what to make of this... lots of views, now comments...

Ignoring problems won't make them go away.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: