The Last Homely Site on the Web

Halplm

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject: Re: Halplm
Posted: Fri 05 Jun , 2009 8:39 am
Filthy darwinian hobbit

I don't have any problem with a vote. I can see that vison thinks that the board may be having its tail pulled for no purpose but a vote of the members is a good check on the power of the Rangers. The members of the board taken together are more important than any temporary arrangement of Rangers and this vote reinforces that.
That said, I know we have to go through this and I know some members will wish to put their views forcefully on the factors leading up to this but I feel it is very important that the vote should be on the justice of the Rangers' decision NOT the personality of hal. Membership of this board should not boil down to a popularity concert.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
jewelsong
Posted: Fri 05 Jun , 2009 10:46 am
Just keep singin'!

It's the not personality, but the behavior of the poster that people are judging. IMHO.

I think people on this board have bent over backwards even more than reasonable in trying to be fair to Hal, in spite of his personality.

Enough is enough.

Profile Quote
Silwen
Posted: Sat 06 Jun , 2009 9:17 am
DomiKNITrix

Quote:
[...] I feel it is very important that the vote should be on the justice of the Rangers' decision NOT the personality of hal.
To me those two are inseparable in this case because I agree with Jewel's post above. I am amazed by the many chances he got, which proves that the people of B77 really do want to be as kind and welcoming and forgiving as you would expect from those who formed this board years ago. Other places would never have taken all this trouble to accommodate another poster. But a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: