board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Statement on www.Board77.com

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 62 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Lidless
Post subject: Statement on www.Board77.com
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 9:53 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I think we should make some statement on the webpage for www.board77.com , about what it is and why for now it is closed, but I'm too busy at work to think of one.

Any ideas?

I would also like to publicly list the newly banned posters there - I don't see any place on TORC where one can do that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 2:14 pm
Fading Softly

Well. It should include a link to the current memberslist and say that people who are interested in joining can contact one of us (the memberslist displays email addresses, doesn't it?)

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 2:16 pm
Milk and kisses

Good idea melly. :)

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 2:44 pm

I think it should say that we're working towards opening the board, but that it's a process that can't be rushed if it's to be done properly.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 3:46 pm
b77 whipping boy

yeah, but that just looks like we're hiding something...

What I'd like to see is a history of the events since the petition.

I know we don't want to seem anti-torc (although maybe that's changed?) but people don't care what B77 is GOING to be, they want to know what we are and what we've been doing, and why that means we deserve to be banned.

That's the only thing that can explain how totally inappropriate this set of bannings has been.

I for one, would love to see mine and Rebecca's posts that got us banned... they were two of the least offensive posts I've ever seen... and they were the sole reason for banning...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 3:49 pm
Milk and kisses

I didn't even post at all this weekend, hal. I've been banned for posting about B77 months ago.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 4:52 pm

The only thing that I said about b77 was that no one has left TORC to come here. I was banned because I called Ted on his offensive, unethical conduct. Many of the other people were banned purely and simply because they were supporting me. I would love an opportunity to explain that in public.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 5:37 pm

I agree, I think the 'offensive' posts that got us banned should be visible for people to see. Perhaps have a list of the banned posters, with each name linking to his/her posts.

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 5:47 pm
Fading Softly

Rebecca wrote:
I agree, I think the 'offensive' posts that got us banned should be visible for people to see. Perhaps have a list of the banned posters, with each name linking to his/her posts.
Link to TORC you mean? Wouldn't it make more sense to save the posts somewhere else though? The way things are going, all trace of the banned posters may be deleted.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 5:49 pm

I meant somewhere else, just have a copy of what we'd written, halplm and my posts have already been deleted.

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 5:57 pm
Fading Softly

Ah, okay. :)

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 6:19 pm

I posted stuff that Alys thanked me for posting. Shouldn't she be banned too?

:LMAO:

This is a disaster, and Ted's put his foot in it. Because if he had any sort of logically explainable system...he might get away with it. But he doesn't. It's neither 'ban all b77 members' nor 'ban all participants of the recent thread' nor 'ban all those who mentioned b77'....it's just higgledy piggledy.

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 7:15 pm
That Weird American

I think we should state a bit about Board 77, but I would strongly advise against mentioning stuff about TORC. Forget that place. Saying anything about the bannings, and all that crap, will just stir the pot even more.

We should have a little bit about the board, what we are (a community who's main link is a love of Tolkien), and contact information for the admin (the admin email, not personal email).

For those that want to put out stuff about the recent events, please don't drag the rest of us B77ers down with you. Some of us want to move this board into the future, not chain it to the past. If you want to let people know about it, email your friends with your stuff, and have them email their friends. Or, perhaps take a page out of Lidless's book and make yourself a web page with all the posts in question. However, can we please move B77 past this.

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 7:18 pm

That's very easy for you to say, Guru. You weren't banned unreasonably. I'm not going to say anything further, lest I say something I regret.

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 7:24 pm
That Weird American

That's right, I wasn't banned unnecessarily. Is Board 77 going to be just about those people? That's what I'm seeing here. If we put up a bunch of stuff about the people that got banned and all the rest, what does that make us? Think about it.

And go ahead and say it. All of it. Go ahead and set up a poll to kick me off this board for being offensive...I'm sure enough people agree with you.

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 7:27 pm
Milk and kisses

Guru, nobody's going to vote you off this site. But please try to understand, we're very upset. I was moving on, leaving all TORC crap behind, until it caught up with me today. I can't believe how much it hurt to see that notice saying that I'd been banned, and no explanation or warning (I'd never had a warning in my TORC life). I never thought it would affect me so much, when I thought I'd made my peace with TORC. I can't help it, I need to talk about all this. It will be ok in a couple of weeks.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 7:42 pm

Guru, you make sense. But give us a day or two. This is very very fresh. I think in a day or two I'll be able to see your way. I want b77 to move past TORC as much as I did before Ted went crazy. But right now I've also lost the feeling that I owe TORC anything. I don't want us to focus on TORC but I don't care if we bitch about it anymore either.

Let's not start fighting, okay. Guru has a different point of view and that's very useful, it can help us past this mess. Let's learn from each other.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 9:16 pm
b77 whipping boy

somethings got to happen soon, we need a place to say what happened, as it's plain it won't happen on TORC.

If it's not on Board77.com, it needs to be somewhere...

Anyone own torcinsanity.com?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Teherin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2005 11:56 pm
Titch

Absolutely ... given that i now know what this thread is about ... I think it is absolutely essential that an explanation is given .. they have gone totally insane .. I am speechless :(

All I have to do
Is forget I ever loved him ...

Where are you Sirel ...

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 Mar , 2005 12:55 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

www.board77.com is now updated.

Sorry, something had to be done tonight and it's 1am already. I need sleep.

The e-mail works and I'll give the current admins here access to the e-mail.

It can be changed, enhanced etc later. For now though, the basics are there, I think.

If you're happy with it, e-mail / YM etc whoever you want with the link.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 62 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: