board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

board77 support ribbons - use as you see fit

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: board77 support ribbons - use as you see fit
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 9:11 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I was just playing around and making ribbons and thought if anyone here was interested, they can go ahead and put them on their websites or in their signatures or something. Not really sure if I mean this in a serious or joking manner, but here are the ones I made so far (if anyone has other ideas, let me know and I'll do them up)...

The dramatic one.
[ img ]

Small ones.
[ img ] [ img ]

Big ones.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
The only difference between the second and third one is a darker text color in the third.

My favorites. :)
[ img ] [ img ]
The only difference being font size.

If I may explain the color scheme, I was doing a bit of research on the meaning of different colors and came to this site I fell in love with the descriptions of blue and green. Relative sections follow...
Quote:
Green symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Sometimes green denotes lack of experience; for example, a 'greenhorn' is a novice. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.

Aqua is associated with emotional healing and protection.
Olive green is the traditional color of peace.
Quote:
Blue is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.

As opposed to emotionally warm colors like red, orange, and yellow; blue is linked to consciousness and intellect.

Dark blue is associated with depth, expertise, and stability.

Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness.
Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.
On one side we have growth, harmony, freshness, strong emotional correspondence with safety, healing power, improved vision (ie, "seeing" more clearly - wink wink, peoples!), stability and endurance, lack of experience, hope, peace, and emotional healing. On the other we have depth, trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, calmness, tranquility, sincerity, consciousness, intellect, expertise, understanding and softness, knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.

If that isn't a recipe for what we are trying to accomplish here, then I don't know what.[/size] :love:

I tried to use Aqua for the text color, ("emotional healing and protection"), but it wasn't as pleasing to my eye, so I went with a yellow ("Light yellow is associated with intellect, freshness, and joy.")

Hope no one minds (you're certainly welcome to use any of the others, or your own), but I chose my favorite one and registered it, just in case anyone in this world ever comes across it and wants to use it themselves. :P If you'd like to, here is the url: http://www.ribbonomatic.com/matic/graphics/92392.gif This is the first one I've registered (I've only played around with them before), so I'm not 100% on how it works, but I guess we'll figure it out as needed, eh?

Cheers!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 9:33 am
Milk and kisses

I like the blue and green ones. :)

The black and white one reminds me too much of the events of March 11 in Madrid - too close to home for comfort. :(

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 9:41 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Absolutely. I just didn't want it to be all bright and bubbly! The b/w/r one was more of a joke than anything.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
peeg
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 11:16 am
You Tolkien to me?

Hey, cool idea *E*. The blue and green ones are really nice, and totally symbolise what we stand for....and the b/w/r one can be for anyone in an angsty sort of mood ;)

Now, i wonder if we could make these a reality.....

[ img ]

"You can think and you can fight, but the world's always moving and if you wanna stay ahead you gotta dance"
~Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 11:51 am

I don't mind checking out a crafts store. See what sort of ribbons and materials they have. I owe people snail mail for their Christmas cards anyway. :) Wouldn't mind sending these along to anybody who wanted them.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 12:04 pm
Gloriosus

I would prefer Jacobine caps

[ img ]

– – –

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 3:41 pm
Not so deep as a well

I like the caps! :D

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Teherin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 10:45 pm
Titch

*E* they are cool :)

I could always turn up to the next Oxford Moot with one :D :devil:

All I have to do
Is forget I ever loved him ...

Where are you Sirel ...

Profile Quote
EdaintheRanger
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 10:15 pm
The Red Fox

Ohh not Jacobine caps! A sight of one of those and I instinctively reach for my Baker Rifle.

I must say I really like your ribbons E*, the green and blue ones look tasteful as well as depicting what we are about. :).

My favourite one is the third one of the second roll. The distinctive lettering wins me over. :)

We need courage, faith and Chocolate Cake.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 10:43 pm

Jacobine caps...hah...when I was six I attended a french school...we did a play about the taking of the Bastille once. I didn't get to play a sans-culotte, though. Us too young and stupid to memorise lines only got to do an elaborate dance, dressed as aristocracy. La!

Good thing they never included the guillotine.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Mar , 2005 4:25 pm
Daydream Believer

Coooool Idea... I would love to have one for my self, with of course one of those little bumper sticker magnets with it would do wonders for my van, Weeee Elmo.

I should get my PM back on Torc.....evil mind is working over time

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: