board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Emergency Exemption

Locked   Page 3 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Should we be open to special cases?
Poll ended at Thu 10 Mar , 2005 4:32 pm
Yes - we should make allowances for those unfairly banned and/or homeless and hurting

33% [ 5 ]
No - we must always stick to the rules

60% [ 9 ]
Not sure

7% [ 1 ]
Other (please explain)

0% [ 0 ]
Total votes: 15
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 1:38 pm
Far out

TheLidlessEyes wrote:
All I will say is that if it hadn't been for B77, I would have been at a total loss and alone during the first half of December. To be able to continue to correspond easily with people I knew rather than via cumbersome e-mails was a boon.
Yes.

BUT. There are very likely TORCers who haven't been banned but who have stopped posting after the latest Ban Fest, and I'm sure they feel bad too and would love to have an opportunity to talk this over with others as well. And then there are those left behind without anyone to talk to because their friends are all banned. And then there are the lurkers, even. But I don't see anyone jumping to defense bending the rules for them. Being banned from TORC should not be a free pass to b77. This is not what this board is about. Rules suck sometimes, but if we don't have them, we can all go home.
Quote:
I would suggest the following:

That we give the admins the power to immediately register a poster here if they are banned on TORC. It must be a unanimous vote by the admins, and that is the only 'emergency situation' allowed.

I trust the admins.
I trust them too. But I'm sorry, I do not think the admins should make such a decision.
Quote:
It's the compassionate thing to do - and I'd hate to be on a board where the rules do not come from the heart. If they don't, then the rules need changing.
Rules that come from the heart can still be wrong. Trusting one's heart is romantic, yet not always the right choice.

Last edited by Farawen on Fri 04 Mar , 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 1:44 pm
b77 whipping boy

I will say I agree with TLE, that after HIS banning, and my subsequent extreme anger at TORC, and the eventual invite here... it seemed like forever before I could show up here. This I'm sure was a combination of the holidays, and the long voting process.

I wasn't banned, but I didnt' have anyone to talk to. And it wasn't easy.

So I'm also kind of agreeing with Farawen, that it's not just banned posters that are hurting.

But then I'm also agreeing with Iavas, in I think there should be SOME type of "quick invite."

I'm just an agreeable person today I guess...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 1:57 pm

I just think the invite process takes too long. But I've been saying that since I've gotten here. In fact, a strong majority of people who have voted in various polls have said so.

But nothing changes. Hmmmm. :neutral:

Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 2:06 pm
of Vinyamar

By my calculations the poll on Opening Board77 should finish on Sunday. As it currently stands, the winning option is "Keep the Boards Closed but Shorten the Invite Process". When the poll ends, will this immediately happen or will we have to have another voting process to decide how short it should be?

Alatar

Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 2:20 pm
Not so deep as a well

Do non-invite polls have the same duration as invite polls? I thought the reason for keeping invite polls open for 9 days was to make sure anyone who might veto had the chance, which isn't an option for these polls...but I could be wrong. So many polls... :Q :D actually I kind of like it.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Mar , 2005 4:40 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Sorry for bothering you again. Important stuff:

Please read the very important Announcement at the top of this forum and then proceed! :D

According to that I'm making this a sticky now.

Thanks for your understand and cooperation :)

Edited by Leoba 11/03/05: Unstickying this thread.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 3 of 3  [ 46 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: