New sub-forums?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 76 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Eruname
Post subject: New sub-forums?
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 6:57 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Leoba wrote:
I can't remember who said it yesterday or where. But, yes, we do need a new forum to play in. I think we might as well make it this one for the time being, if that's okay with our esteemed admin? Maybe we could bury all the TORC-ranting in the one separate forum (I think it's too much to stop it all together (in other words: Leoba needs somewhere to slag folkses off sometimes!). And start starting our threads here instead of the 'other place'. I'm not saying anyone should upsticks and leave, but utilise a place to play where we can be ourselves.
So what exactly are people wanting here? A Ranting forum...a RP forum? I'd say The Turf pretty much covers the Talk/Tom's House type of stuff.

Also, if we did want a Ranting forum, do we want it confidential or just keep it out in the open?

Jeez...I'm being the threadstarter this week. :roll:

Last edited by Eruname on Mon 22 Nov , 2004 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 7:10 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Can i be the first to vote for an RP forum? not that i actually have any brilliant ideas for one but we have enough amazing RPers here ;)

i don't mind ranting in the open. if it's too personal i can take things to email.

way to go Eru! :mrgreen:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 7:37 pm

I think I would want to give RPing on another board than TORC a try as well. It'll be strange, but after realising sesame street indeed has taken over torc, I think Jae's idea is a great one. I'll bring all my characters with me though, ye be warned. :wink:

(... you have no idea how many times I reread that post before daring to push 'submit' ... relax K, you're not on torc here :roll: )

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject: Re: New forums?
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:15 pm

Eruname127 wrote:
Also, if we did want a Ranting forum, do we want it confidential or just keep it out in the open?
Does that mean that me and Griff get no where to rant? Or our own little thread of bitchiness? ;)

"Oats For World Peace!"

Pics from Madagascar: One, Two, Three..., Four!

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject: Re: New forums?
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:17 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

satch wrote:
Eruname127 wrote:
Does that mean that me and Griff get no where to rant? Or our own little thread of bitchiness? ;)
As long as it can be read, it can be whatever...:P

Third vote for RP!! :mrgreen:

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:29 pm
That Weird American

RP forum! I imagine a lot of ideas will show up (I might dust off that Pirate RP idea I was tossing about with Din), and look on the bright side...we don't have to deal with annoying newbies showing up and saying "I wnt 2 jwn. My char is a wizard who can kill anithng".

:P :P :P

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:49 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Ranting forum sounds so harsh in the cold light of day. I feel like such a bitch. :oops: I think it needs to be open to all members or not at all. However, my personal feeling is that we keep the whole thing invite-only. The existing discussion etc I would like to see shifted out of the way and 'closed'. Just in Helen's little idealistic world that is.

As for what we want. I want some non-Tolkien RP. Pirates....arrrr and some mediaeval stuff (if anyone could handle my purism :twisted: ). I reckon, we start slow... we already have a chat forum. We can RP in there, or we can be tidy and open a place specially. I'm easy... but you know that anyway. :roll:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:50 pm

Guruthostirn wrote:
...and look on the bright side...we don't have to deal with annoying newbies showing up and saying "I wnt 2 jwn. My char is a wizard who can kill anithng".
:damnfunny :LMAO:

(I'm not in a spam mood :halo: )

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:53 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

hey satch dare to start a Laire of Bitchiness without me and you'd in for it :P:P

after being called 'Bitch' quite a few times in my life i ought to qualify for a place in such a thread.

and LMAO Guru :LMAO: :mrgreen:

Leoba medieval!!!!!! i'm with you there!! and why are you lurking yet can't seem to catch you *stern look*

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 8:56 pm
That Weird American

Here's from a post in another thread I wrote:

As for RP, I think we're plenty. Admittedly, I'm not sure the whole board can hold up, but I think we're all dedicated people who, if left alone, won't feel bored or tired or such. I think this place is much more relaxed, and that will help with RP survival, as well as board survival.

You do raise a good point however, about who's going to be on here. Maybe we need another thread for this over in discussion, but I feel that outside of Discussion (can we change it to "The Board Room" or something catchy like that?) there doesn't seem to be a reason to keep our other friends from TORC from being here. Maybe keep it by invitation, have a thread in Info asking if anyone has a problem with someone, and after a couple days let them in...or just open the board up completely, and invitation into the closed forums.

As for inviting people, I've no problem with the majority. Anything works for me, as long as it works for everyone else. As to other forums, a rant forum doesn't sound too bad...and if the ladies get a Laire of Bitchiness, us guys need the Asshole Central thread :P Jk.

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 9:29 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

"But I don't wanna be a pirate!!"

(Shameless 'Seinfeld' quote)

Aaaanyway: Both pirate and medieval RP sounds awesome to me. Elves, dwarves and magic staffs is fine and all, but some serious, realistic stuff sounds good to me. :)

Though a little guidance to remain the purity would be helpfull. I'm all for purists trying to remain true, but I am not a history book. Make me one. ;):mrgreen:
Guru wrote:
...and if the ladies get a Laire of Bitchiness, us guys need the Asshole Central thread :P Jk.
Jk? Why Jk? It's only fair...

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 11:21 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Why not have one for everybody and call it the Oval Orifice or something? Then it won't matter if you have an asshole or a... other thing. :D

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 22 Nov , 2004 11:47 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

The Oral Office. For all your bitchin' and moanin'....

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 12:35 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Bah! Only guys get orals. Your are soooooooooo sexist, Ag.

:LMAO:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 4:36 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

It seems like most people here want an RP forum. I can definately create that for you guys. I'd keep it under the Round Table/ Discussion section along with this forum and The Turf. Hopefully all this is okay with Alandriel...I'm sure it is. :)

All we need is a good name. I'm sure you all don't want it called "The RP Forum". :P

It looks like some people kind of want a "ranting" forum but feel a bit wary of it. Maybe some more input from more people?

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 4:45 am
That Weird American

"Story Corner" is probably a bit tacky...

"Sore Wrists Anonymous".....

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 8:27 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Eruname127 wrote:
Hopefully all this is okay with Alandriel...I'm sure it is. :)
All we need is a good name. I'm sure you all don't want it called "The RP Forum". :P
It looks like some people kind of want a "ranting" forum but feel a bit wary of it. Maybe some more input from more people?
Of course it is :D
RP forum would be grand and since a whole bunch of different styles have been put forth - I think we need a name to reflect this. .. only of course I'm no good with suggesting names (Leoba is though :wink:)

As for a ranting forum - no, I don't like the idea. Not per se. It could still run in the TURF though - after all it's a pub, and people joke and rant in pubs to their hearts content. If someone has 'confidential' rants.. well, then you know where to go :)

my 2cents on this Tuesday morning :)

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 1:23 pm

RP forum please! I'm dying to be in an RP with you guys...

Ahem.

But I think we should get in touch with Jen and Steve and get that proper forum started...

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 1:34 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Do we need a 'proper' forum right now? Given there are less than 40 of us, this seems adequate for the time being I'd have thought?

We just need a nice spanking new place to RP. Especially to convert those people who keep saying how they haven't the nerve to RP on TORC. :roll:;)

Oh and I refined my fragmented thought process. Rather than having the Bitching Zone, I propse we move all the specifically petition-related stuff into one place and utilise the Turf for its chatting purpose. I mean, we've got a thread about the WCAs in here - which has sweet FA to do with the petition really - we've just got into the habit of using this bit of the forum as the sounding off board.

I'm waffling. :oops:

Last edited by Leoba on Tue 23 Nov , 2004 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Nov , 2004 1:46 pm
Tricksy Elf!

I think an RP forum would be just what we need.

And I think Pirates (Spanish Main circa 18 century) would be fab. And Medieval, ummm. I do have ideas for 12 century Sarum (Salisbury) if there are any takers......

But yeh, I think the bitching stuff should be kept here just to give Satch something to do :devil:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 76 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: