board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Links to Licensed Material

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Alatar
Post subject: Links to Licensed Material
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 4:42 pm
of Vinyamar

I have a quick question. In the Movies and Music threads there will often be an occasion where we would like to share a clip or a track from the album, artist, movie or musical that we are discussing. Is it acceptable to provide a link to an offsite mp3 or divx clip?

I understand that there are copyright issues here and I am perfectly willing to accept responsibility for anything I post, but I would not like to do anything that could endanger the site.

What is the general feeling on this issue?

Alatar

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 11:07 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

As long as it's not a hotlink (which I think would not work anyways for a movie or sound file type thingie... can you tell I'm a non-geek? ;) ) I think you'd be fine especially if you mention the source. Of course the only way to do it properly would be to inform the owner of that site that you're linking to.
I don't think however we as board 77 could get in trouble... it's you who would get in trouble for posting it ;) I guess you'll have to use your own judgement on that.

Just my personal opinion :)

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 11:44 pm

If it is an authorized source of the media, I have no problem with it. If it is a bootleg source that has not been authorized by the artist or a designated representative of the artist, I have a big problem with it. :)

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 9:53 am
of Vinyamar

Gee Voronwe, why am I not surprised :)

Alatar

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “Business Room”
Jump to: