Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Frelga
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 Mar , 2005 5:21 am
A green apple painted red

Lacemaker wrote:
Life is not a dental appointment.
Hear, hear! :)

Enchantress, I would not for a moment imply that you have any sort of obligation to become a mother, or that you have no other worth if you choose not to. I mean, the male half of humanity have never once given birth, but we don't hold it against them (much). ;) I only intended to share my experience, not to influence you in any way. :)

In fact, I can relate only too well. I really didn't look forward to motherhood and that's the truth. Everybody was telling me how my maternal instinct would awaken once I am pregnant. "But what if it doesn't, huh? What will I do with the baby?" I shot back. Ah, but it did awaken. Boy, did it ever. :D

:grouphug: to all

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 Mar , 2005 4:58 pm

My babies "straightened out" so much that I had nightmares. You know how you can see the outline of a little foot moving across your belly? Well, I repeatedly dreamt that the little foot pushed so hard that it ripped through my belly and I had a foot sticking out of my belly! :shock: I'd wake up in a sweat each time, reaching to feel if it had really happened or not.

Oh, and I must amend my earlier remark that I spent 18 months being pregnant. Each child was 2 weeks overdue, and thus I spent 19.5 months pregnant. They were between 8.5 lbs to almost 9 for each one.

And I didn't fall in love with the baby right away. My first thought on looking into my first daughter's face was "She looks like a lizard!" and the second was "Her eyes are tracking!" :shock:

My son screamed for a full half hour after he was born. He was most upset about the whole experience.

The birth of my third child made me furious. I had a newbie doctor who had me push too soon, and the baby went BACK IN instead of out. :rage: I was so mad I couldn't see straight. After she was finally born, the head OB doc was in there and had to threaten to sedate me so they could clean up the mess in there. I don't remember what was wrong, excessive bleeding from pushing too soon caused big clots of blood or something.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 Mar , 2005 5:52 pm
Living in hope

With my third, we waited to go in to the hospital (home is a safer place to be for labor if you're zero-risk, as I was). But by the time we realized we had to get going I was in transition, the last bit before pushing, and was shaking and sweating and queasy and could barely walk. My husband knew we were in trouble when he saw the final "emotional signpost," which is "I can't do this! Unhand me, you son of a bitch! I can't do this!" (We used Bradley, and those emotional signposts are frighteningly accurate.)

So we screeched off to the hospital, where fortunately they hadn't lost my preregistration this time. Walking across the parking lot was . . . special. A policeman who happened to be there ran to fetch us a wheelchair. :P

The labor nurse had to order me into the bed (I didn't want to move from the wheelchair) and found that I was at 9-plus centimeters. The midwife had to run all the way from her house eight blocks away, and our daughter was born five minutes later. Whew. The midwife's comment? "Good waiting, guys." :D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 6  [ 103 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to: