board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The 9/11 Thread - oscar winning

Post Reply   Page 75 of 76  [ 1518 posts ]
Jump to page « 172 73 74 75 76 »
What is your opinion of the official 9/11 story?
I believe the official story 100%. The government has been completely honest on every detail.

4% [ 3 ]
I believe the general framework of the official story, even if some of the details might be wrong.

55% [ 40 ]
The official story is most likely true, but I sometimes have doubts.

15% [ 11 ]
I don't know what to believe.

10% [ 7 ]
I believe the official story is most likely a cover-up of some sort.

8% [ 6 ]
I believe this was a conspiracy meant to further the governments aggressive foreign policy (i.e. a "New Pearl Harbour")

8% [ 6 ]
Total votes: 73
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 24 Mar , 2007 2:26 am
His Rosyness

A perfect example of "fair and balanced":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9941&hl=en

All these guys have is the same tired rubbish about America-haters and disrespecting the victims.

Bill thinks he knows the American public will turn on Sheen.. I wonder why he got applause when he talked about his 9/11 views on Jimmie Kimmel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmxPYiP9go

Here's my email to the O'Reilly Factor:
Quote:
Disgraceful? That would be your 9/11 coverage, not Charlie Sheen

Bill acts like the very idea of the US government/military deceiving and/or killing its own citizens is totally implausible. Please recommend that he read the declassified Operation Northwoods documents so that he can get inside the mind of past military commanders. They have no qualms about carrying out false terror attacks against America if it will further their foreign policy agenda.

Instead of spouting the typical nonsense about hating America and disrespecting the victims (when it is the total opposite - the patriotic American has a duty to be suspicious of their government and keep them in line, and they also want to see proper justice for the victims), Bill needs to atleast acknowledge the fact that the premise of 9/11 being an inside job is NOT an alien concept that has no historical precedence.

If you really want to be "fair and balanced", you will let Charlie Sheen or Rosie O'Donnell defend their views, instead of only showing 3 like-minded attack dogs bathing in their shared but misplaced sense of moral outrage.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Mar , 2007 7:29 am
Tricksy Elf!

Anybody else think that a new leaf had been turned and the title was changed to Oh Really getting desperate?

No? Just me then....... :halo:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Mar , 2007 10:50 am
His Rosyness

In a follow-up interview O'Reilly admitted that he hasn't even seen Loose Change, and yet he is able to compare it to Nazi propaganda and Holocaust denial.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Mar , 2007 11:49 pm
His Rosyness

Alan Colmes, the only guy on FOX who makes any sense at all:

http://www.youtube.com/v/43vQLXE0F04

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 02 Apr , 2007 4:13 am
His Rosyness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnKKLqL9kQ

John Gross, engineer for NIST, questioned on molten steel and WTC7.

This has to be one of the most glaringly unscientific assertions ever made:

"Once the collapse initiated the video evidence is clear: it was not stopped by the floors below. So there was no calculation that we did to demonstrate [something that] is clear in the videos."

This is as bad as saying "We know the sun orbits the earth because everyone can see it moving across the sky".

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of science should be appalled that this level of science was used to investigate 9/11.

It also defies belief that he could be unaware of the hotspots below the rubble. But I think from his mannerisms, and the way he initially tried to joke about it, he was well aware of it and didn't want to talk about it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 22 Aug , 2007 11:57 pm
His Rosyness

If 9/11 theories are so easily dismissed, why do supposedly respectable TV stations like the History Channel have to resort to such dishonest journalism?

History Channel Hit Piece: Dirty Tricks, Malicious Lies & Journalistic Fraud

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 2:54 am
Best friends forever

Iavas_Saar wrote:
If 9/11 theories are so easily dismissed, why do supposedly respectable TV stations like the History Channel have to resort to such dishonest journalism?

Just to remind people that stupidity and gullibility know no time limits, I imagine.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 3:52 am
His Rosyness

vison wrote:
Iavas_Saar wrote:

Just to remind people that stupidity and gullibility know no time limits, I imagine.
I could have sworn you vowed earlier in this thread to drop the fly-by insults?

One good thing about THC's piece - millions have now seen Norman Mineta inadvertantly revealing that the VP lied about his activities on 9/11 and was actually controlling things down in the bunker as the Pentagon plane came in.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 3:59 am
His Rosyness

Iavas_Saar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnKKLqL9kQ

John Gross, engineer for NIST, questioned on molten steel and WTC7.

This has to be one of the most glaringly unscientific assertions ever made:

"Once the collapse initiated the video evidence is clear: it was not stopped by the floors below. So there was no calculation that we did to demonstrate [something that] is clear in the videos."

This is as bad as saying "We know the sun orbits the earth because everyone can see it moving across the sky".

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of science should be appalled that this level of science was used to investigate 9/11.

It also defies belief that he could be unaware of the hotspots below the rubble. But I think from his mannerisms, and the way he initially tried to joke about it, he was well aware of it and didn't want to talk about it.
I challenge vison to say something intelligent in response to this. Watch her avoid doing so at all costs, or simply run away.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 6:38 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Or we could tone down the rhetoric on all sides. :)

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 8:22 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

The Brit is still fighting with the Canuck about the U.S.? Go worry about your own country :neutral: .

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
tolkienpurist
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 9:11 pm
Unlabeled

TheMary wrote:
The Brit is still fighting with the Canuck about the U.S.? Go worry about your own country :neutral: .
If only the United States' actions were self-contained enough that that would be a reasonable directive. Unfortunately, at this point, everyone has not only the right, but the duty, to be aware of and concerned about the actions of both the American government and its adversaries - and their truly international ramifications.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 9:20 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

tolkienpurist wrote:
TheMary wrote:
If only the United States' actions were self-contained enough that that would be a reasonable directive. Unfortunately, at this point, everyone has not only the right, but the duty, to be aware of and concerned about the actions of both the American government and its adversaries - and their truly international ramifications.
This is true but I still only hear blah blah blah blah blah....

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Aug , 2007 11:49 pm
His Rosyness

Erunáme wrote:
Or we could tone down the rhetoric on all sides. :)
I will gladly admit it if my skepticism was ill-placed :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Aug , 2007 2:02 am
Best friends forever

Iavas_Saar wrote:
vison wrote:
Iavas_Saar wrote:

I could have sworn you vowed earlier in this thread to drop the fly-by insults?

One good thing about THC's piece - millions have now seen Norman Mineta inadvertantly revealing that the VP lied about his activities on 9/11 and was actually controlling things down in the bunker as the Pentagon plane came in.
Not the slightest wish to be rude, but the subject matter just allows for nothing else.

One day, Iavas, you and a few others (not many, thankfully) are going to wake up and realize what dorks you've been. You will realize what your obsession has cost you and you will realize that you paid much too much. An insane amount, all things considered. (Even Mr. X. admits he was once as obsessed about something equally silly.) But as for me, I admit I am in the wrong to enter this thread at all. It's like entering the "Pope asserts RC church is only true church" on Manwe. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

So away I go.

Happy trails to you. :love:

And I will be there to commisserate with you when the inevitable happens, don't worry. I take the obligations of friendship pretty seriously.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Aug , 2007 1:26 pm
His Rosyness

You see I was right, avoidance at all costs, then running away. I predicted it and she still did it.

An official scientist that she trusts without question uses a method on a par with argueing that the sun orbits the earth. She can't even take 1 minute to address this, a totally legitimate concern no matter what you believe overall.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Aug , 2007 10:02 pm

I am in no way speaking on vison's behalf just tossing my observations out there that aren't just pointless jabs. (Edited: Because this sentence sucks it is still hard to read my sincere apologies)

Iavas, I think at this point you have both won and lost the battle in this thread. You haven't found anyone to counter your arguments and yet you still want the battle to rage on. If there is one thing I've learned is that trying to change other people's minds is almost always futile and from what I've read of this thread most people just don't share your views on this topic and it wasn't from lack of trying. It seems you are desperate for someone anyone to come up with an argument about your theories but all it seems to really do is alienate people.

I don't think anyone can argue that mistakes have been made in regards to 9/11 but what are you really trying to get to the bottom of? Are you looking for an apology or some sort of admission of wrong doing or foul play?

Last edited by TheMary on Sat 25 Aug , 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Aug , 2007 10:53 pm
Best friends forever

Iavas_Saar wrote:
You see I was right, avoidance at all costs, then running away. I predicted it and she still did it.

An official scientist that she trusts without question uses a method on a par with argueing that the sun orbits the earth. She can't even take 1 minute to address this, a totally legitimate concern no matter what you believe overall.
Avoidance of what? It is wise to avoid folly. I was foolish to enter the thread at all. You do not want debate or discussion, but rather an admission that you and your fellow-conspiracy-chums are "right". You're not, and what's more, much of it borders on the delusional. Some of it goes through Delusional Customs and enters the realm of the Truly Loony.

As TheMary wisely points out, there are things about 9/11 that are odd and puzzling, perhaps even mistakes, but so what? What event on this earth wasn't fraught with questions?

I am not going to "address" anything in this thread, but am, instead, going to offer my apologies for having disturbed the waters, and my condolences to all the spouses, children, and friends of those who orbit this little dark sun. With any luck at all something equally interesting will come along and nudge the moons (the Moon being the source of lunacy, after all) into another solar system where none of us need see them.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Aug , 2007 11:05 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
..and yet you still want the battle to rage on
Not really.. the last time I posted anything here was nearly 5 months ago. :)

I pretty much only skim the developments on this subject now, but if something important happens, given the long history of this thread, I will mention it here.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Aug , 2007 12:40 am
His Rosyness

vison wrote:
Iavas_Saar wrote:

Avoidance of what? It is wise to avoid folly. I was foolish to enter the thread at all. You do not want debate or discussion, but rather an admission that you and your fellow-conspiracy-chums are "right". You're not, and what's more, much of it borders on the delusional. Some of it goes through Delusional Customs and enters the realm of the Truly Loony.

As TheMary wisely points out, there are things about 9/11 that are odd and puzzling, perhaps even mistakes, but so what? What event on this earth wasn't fraught with questions?

I am not going to "address" anything in this thread, but am, instead, going to offer my apologies for having disturbed the waters, and my condolences to all the spouses, children, and friends of those who orbit this little dark sun. With any luck at all something equally interesting will come along and nudge the moons (the Moon being the source of lunacy, after all) into another solar system where none of us need see them.
I'm not sure where you got the notion that a melange of "pointless jabs" (thank you, TM) and irrelevant generalisations was a good idea, so pay attention - I have had my opinion changed a good many times by well-reasoned counter-arguements. The website 911myths does a great job rebutting many of the "anomalies" which I once considered to have some merit. The author of this site understands that argueing from incredulity is at best weak, at worst detrimental. He also understands that if this is a problem, it is, on the whole, a matter of educating people, not prescribing mental help.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 75 of 76  [ 1518 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 172 73 74 75 76 »
Jump to: