board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Iraq - puppy throwing video, real or fake?

Post Reply   Page 24 of 26  [ 502 posts ]
Jump to page « 122 23 24 25 26 »
Onizuka Eikichi
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 13 Feb , 2006 5:51 pm

Dindraug wrote:
Those drooling monkeys as you so aptly put, were just kids doing a job. You really think they wanted to be there, to come back every day covered in human excriment, or cuts from bricks or full of shrapnel? I doubt it.
"Just kids doing a job?" I seriously doubt kicking teenagers square in the genitals is part of their job description.

They knew the risks of joining the military. If they can't handle it that's their problem. It does NOT give them the right to break laws and\or contracts and beat people half to death.

冬ながら
空より花の
散り来るは
雲のあなたに
春にやあるらん

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Feb , 2006 8:08 am
Tricksy Elf!

Onizuka Eikichi wrote:
Dindraug wrote:
Those drooling monkeys as you so aptly put, were just kids doing a job. You really think they wanted to be there, to come back every day covered in human excriment, or cuts from bricks or full of shrapnel? I doubt it.
"Just kids doing a job?" I seriously doubt kicking teenagers square in the genitals is part of their job description.

They knew the risks of joining the military. If they can't handle it that's their problem. It does NOT give them the right to break laws and\or contracts and beat people half to death.
You really think they knew in the recruitment office what they would have to put up with :damnfunny:

And a genital kick does put most people down, it is tought in the army, so technically it does come under thier job description.

But you are missing the point here. It is not that what these kids was bad, it was but is no different than what they would normally get upto on a Saturday night. The issue was that is was released on a world that really did not ned to see it.

Yes, there is issue for complaint. That should be done internally, with the people in question getting punished by the Military not the civil court.

The issue is that the noble UK press have once again decided that it is in the nations best interest to know, without considering the consiquence.

I am not sure if you follow the UK news or not but on Saturday there was a peaceful protest in Trafalgar Square by the Muslim community agianst the extreamists who are taking over thier religion over here. It was good to see, it was as far as I know the first real mass peaceful demonstation against this and for those involved really quite brave.

So what do the NotW do the very next day? Wipe this away with more 'army bad against islam' stories. so well timed was it that all reference to Saturdays demo has vanished; people are just not aware of it.

As for the cameraman, no his commentry was reprehensible, but to be fair he was not on the ground so could not really see what was happening.

I do wonder how much the NotW paid the source of this footage though. Freedom of the press is one thing, but freedom to manipulate events to promote sales is another.

Profile Quote
Onizuka Eikichi
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Feb , 2006 1:24 pm

Dindraug wrote:

You really think they knew in the recruitment office what they would have to put up with
I didn't say that.

They probably didn't know. The military has every reason *not* to tell potential recruits the risks they'll be taking by joining.

Again, it's their fault for not fully researching this "job" before accepting. It's their problem, and it does NOT give them the right to beat people senseless.

冬ながら
空より花の
散り来るは
雲のあなたに
春にやあるらん

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Feb , 2006 11:19 pm

It is a fact that the military isn't subject to having their advertisements checked for compliance to "truth in advertising" laws.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Feb , 2006 8:14 am
Tricksy Elf!

The fact is that now the muslim world is up in arms, the 'goverment of Basra' is refusing to deal with the British soldiers who are 'policing' thier zone, and the regiment in question is due to be sent back out there in a couple of months time.

They will be walking into a death trap, there will be killings over this, and it will be the squadies once again. And the Iraqi's.

The trust that has been built up between the Brits and the Iraqi's in Basra is wiped out over an event that took place 18 months ago or more. And it is the same tactic as used by the Iraqi police, and army. And if it had happend in the UK, the same tactics would be used. In America they may have used guns. No idea in Japan, but wouldn't surprise me.

It was a street disturbance, a riot. I think if anybody needed to research and work out what would happen if they had been caught it was the rioters.

That and the simple minded fuckwit who filed the footage, who did not stop when he saw what was happening, and gave that commentry. That was the worst of it. Bruises heal, insulting behaviour like that does not.

Just so the gutter press could sell more papers.

Profile Quote
eborr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 15 Feb , 2006 8:42 am

According to UK press reports the troops had been subject to mortar fire, whilst trying to police the demo - I suspect a US response would have been to call in an air-strike.

It's the hypocracy of the thing that get's me.

We have a press that will laud the use of airpower, even when there is significant collatoral (loss of civilian lives) and then gets up on it's high horse about some kids getting a kicking.

oh and by the way - these fellows were The Light Infantry - a pretty good regiment, not known to be over thuggish.

In 2007 they are to join up with other regiments of the light division to form the new larger Regiment -Rifles - where although they are a senior unit they will undoubtably be overshadowed by what is thought to be the armys most professional formation the Greenjackets

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Feb , 2006 8:49 pm
His Rosyness

Shocking..

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075
Quote:
Almost 90% (of American Troops) think war is retaliation for Saddam’s role in 9/11”

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Feb , 2006 9:04 pm

They get their news from AFRTS. I'm surprised the number is that low.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Teremia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 9:11 pm
Reads while walking

That's an incredibly depressing statistic, Iavas. :(

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 9:23 pm
You are hearing me talk

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Mar , 2006 12:13 am
His Rosyness

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 18 Mar , 2006 2:49 am
His Rosyness

British troops caught in the act again?

British soldiers disguised as Iraqis try to plant bomb
Quote:
Such attacks, and others where the perpetrators are unknown but the targets are civilian Sunni or Shi‘i Iraqis, are widely viewed as a part of an Anglo-American effort to rescue their failing fortunes in Iraq by sparking a sectarian civil war in the country enabling them to fulfill their plans of partitioning the Iraq along ethnic and religious lines.
Saddam was saying basically the same thing when the judge turned off his microphone and moved proceedings to a closed session.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 14 May , 2006 5:53 pm
His Rosyness

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Oct , 2006 10:03 pm
His Rosyness

Well the new thread title pretty much says it all.

Here we have what looks like a REAL threat (well, real in the sense of having WMDS - Kim Jong Il doesn't seem like the sort of guy who wants to commit suicide by actually launching one unprovoked). Compare this to the clear evidence that Iraq was nowhere near having nukes, and you see that this could never have been a genuine motive for going there.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Oct , 2006 10:17 pm
His Rosyness

Also...

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Nov , 2006 6:31 am
His Rosyness

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Nov , 2006 7:33 am

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Also...

[ img ]
David Icke? And who, exactly, is he writing to that doesn’t know who Karl Rove is?

I agree that the Saddam verdict should be delayed until after the elections though.

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Nov , 2006 5:25 pm
Best friends forever

David Icke's very existence is a crime against humanity. I wish those alien reptiles would do the right thing. Even they must have some scruples.

The Saddam verdict hasn't been delayed. And could there have been any doubt of it?

I wish the soldiers who had found Saddam had just shot the bastard and tossed his body into the street for the dogs to chew on, but since they didn't, the trial had to be held.

It was in no one's best interest.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 05 Nov , 2006 6:31 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
David Icke?
Are you implying that he forged it?