board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Weird and Unusual News Stories- Join In.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 138  [ 2750 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5138 »
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 6:32 pm

Quote:
Hey I would of taught the bird to say negative things about Gary and Suzy, basically something along the lines of Gary and Suzy can kiss my ass.
would that make Gary and Suzy then dancing cheek to cheek?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 6:36 pm
Daydream Believer

sauronsfinger wrote:
The really shocking thing about the stone article was Shatner stating that a Star Trek tunic sold for over $100,000.00.

Some very stupid people just have too much money.
;)

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 8:49 pm
bioalchemist

There's a lesson in this somewhere.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 9:03 pm
Daydream Believer

Wait I thought I posted something besides a ;) in my last post. :scratch:

I said something about well its not LoTR stuff. ;)

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jan , 2006 9:29 pm

The snake and hamster story is funny ...and i think that gohan also means rice in Japanese ... which is funny considering what hamster poop looks like .....

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 4:18 am

One of my favorite columnists is John Leo who writes weekly for US News and World Report magazine. Even though I usually disagree with him, he always gives you something to think about ... even when its weird.

[quote]Critics have noticed that nobody is responsible for anything anymore, since almost everyone is a victim. Here are the top 10 victim stories of 2005

Children of witches are victimized by Halloween. Coming to class dressed as a witch on Halloween is a violation of “equitable schools policies,â€

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 2:36 pm

Maybe the snake and the hamster were friends in another life and recognized this somehow. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 3:06 pm

Well here is a reason to go to the Detroit Auto Show
Quote:
Woman poses naked on car at auto showAssociated PressDETROIT - City officials are trying to figure out how a woman sneaked into the North American International Auto Show after closing time to pose naked atop the new Dodge Challenger.
It happened around 2:30 a.m. Monday when only workers and security guards were supposed to be inside Cobo Center.
Guards found the woman and about a dozen gawkers taking photographs with camera phones, workers told The Detroit News.
"We heard they were all over the Challenger," said Jason Vines, a spokesman for the Chrysler Group, which earlier had tried to give its cars more sex appeal by bringing in fully clothed "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria to pose at its exhibit.
Cobo Director Glenn Blanton said disciplinary action will be taken if employees were involved in the security breach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 3:57 pm
Daydream Believer

I am sure having a naked woman on the car makes it better.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 4:39 pm

Does a cherry on top of the banana split make it better?

If the nude woman on top of the car was standard equipment, Detroit would have a record setting year is sales coming up

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 7:12 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Three odd stories from the Daily Telegraph
Quote:
Speed camera clocks tractor at 85mph

Speed camera bosses have apologised to a farmer after they tried to fine him for doing 85mph in a tractor.

Steve Crossman, who farms in Wiltshire, was puzzled when he received a ticket saying he had been snapped by a camera and was being fined for speeding in his tractor, which has a top speed of 26mph.

The Mid and South Wales Safety Camera Partnership quickly admitted that they had misread one letter in the registration plate and immediately retracted the ticket.

Mr Crossman told the BBC: "It's a good tractor, but not that good."

Heart attack woman regains the power of sight

A mother-of-five who has been blind since 1979 has miraculously recovered her sight after a heart attack.

Joyce Urch, 74, from Coventry, lost her sight due to glaucoma 27 years ago and was amazed to see how her husband Eric had aged when she suddenly regained her vision.

She told ITV News: "I looked at my husband who was there. I said, 'Oh, you've got wrinkles in your face, you must be old. I said, 'Well I must be old as well'."

Doctors are apparently baffled by the return of Mrs Urch's sight.

Bulgarian priest refuses to give up drugs

An elderly village priest in Bulgaria has been arrested on drug charges after he refused to give up growing marijuana.

Police found ten pounds of the drug in the 63-year-old clergyman's home in the mountain village of Kladensti.

Numerous abandoned marijuana plants were also found in fields nearby.

A police spokesman said they had seized marijuana from the priest's house five or six times over the past three years: "Apparently he refused to give it up."

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jan , 2006 11:59 pm
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Quote:
A police spokesman said they had seized marijuana from the priest's house five or six times over the past three years
Man they are pretty strict on drug laws in Bulgaria arent they?
Borry

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 12:06 am

The OG Borry wrote:
Quote:
A police spokesman said they had seized marijuana from the priest's house five or six times over the past three years
Man they are pretty strict on drug laws in Bulgaria arent they?
Borry
:LMAO:
Quote:
Prisoner 'slimmed' to escape

January 19, 2006

A POLICE search for a highly dangerous prisoner who escaped prison apparently by slimming has been widened to interstate.

Robert Cole, who was serving a jail term at Sydney's maximum security Long Bay prison for stealing and assault, escaped between 9.30pm (AEDT) on Tuesday and 6.50am yesterday.

He slipped through a crack in a brick wall.

A police spokeswoman said police were still searching "everywhere" for Cole and police officers across New South Wales and over state borders had been notified.

"It's been issued state-wide and interstate," she said.

The prisoner, who was also being treated for mental health problems at the jail's hospital, is believed to have busted out of jail by deliberately shedding up to 14kg.

He then slipped through the crack, which he had chiselled in the wall.

The prisoner has been described as cunning and dangerous.

Authorities have warned the public not to approach him.

His escape comes just one week after two inmates fled from another Sydney prison, Silverwater jail. Long Bay's security manager has been stood down pending an investigation into the incident.

NSW Corrective Services yesterday revealed brickwork near the window of Cole's hospital cell had been chipped away and the inmate managed to squeeze his small frame through the enlarged opening between the bars and brickwork.

Cole is said to then have scaled a cyclone wire fence and a wall before escaping.

The prisoner weighed 70kg when he entered prison on February 28, 2003 but had wasted to 56kg at his latest weigh-in, sources said.

He is described as having short blond hair, a slim build, is 175 cm tall and has a tattoo of a skull on one of his forearms and another of an Indian on his back.

[url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 77,00.html];ink[/link]

Last edited by Lord_Morningstar on Fri 20 Jan , 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 5:52 am
Best friends forever

Man, do I ever live in a boring place! :(

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 8:08 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Man that guy is good! He should write a diet book! And have a TV series from his cell.
Borry

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 1:07 pm
Milk and kisses

Thar it blows! A whale spotted in the river Thames

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4631396.stm
Quote:
A large whale has been spotted in the River Thames in central London by boaters and sightseers.

The mammal, thought to be a pilot whale which can grow to 20ft, was seen swimming past the Houses of Parliament.

"I saw it blow, it was a spout of water which sparkled in the air," said Tom Howard-Vyne, who works at the London Eye, on the other side of the river.

The whale is believed to have travelled upstream passing the Thames Barrier early on Friday morning.

'Breathing normally'

"It was on this side of Westminster Bridge and 10 minutes ago it was near the House of Commons, " said Mr Howard-Vyne. "It was an amazing sight."

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) sent a lifeboat to check up on the whale's condition.

Liz Sandeman, a medic of the Marine Connection, a whale and dolphin protection charity, accompanied the RNLI to examine the animal.

"It looks quite healthy and quite relaxed," she said. "It's breathing normally and its weight seems good."

She said boats in the river could be a danger to the animal.

"There's also the noise which could affect it - the Thames is extremely busy. The last thing we want to do is stress the animal out.

"Some people think it has lost its way or is not feeling well, but it's very hard to say why it is here."

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 2:33 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

That is damned cool Ber. :D

In defence of pro-redhead groups... actually, the abuse gets very wearing. :neutral:

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 21 Jan , 2006 1:16 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

Quote:

I am sure having a naked woman on the car makes it better.
It's a bit like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey.

Ginger's beautiful.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 21 Jan , 2006 11:26 pm

Eventualy, if you look long enough and hard enough, you find a philosophy that fits you to a tee.
Quote:
With an Oakland Tribune reporter and 20 people looking on in November in a parking lot in Fremont, Calif., Tu Jin-Sheng, 50, "grandmaster" in one of the Chinese arts of Qigong, pulled a rental truck several yards using only a piece of fabric tied to the base of his genitals. Jin-Sheng is supposedly a leader of the branch of Qigong known as "Iron Crotch," whose 60,000 adherents worldwide believe that strengthening the genitals increases energy. To warm up for the pull, Jin-Sheng had an assistant kick him hard between the legs. [Oakland Tribune, 11-23-05

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 21 Jan , 2006 11:29 pm

This one is for the fatalists who espouse the idea that when your number is up --- your number is indeed up.
Quote:
Undignified Deaths
Two men, aged 50 and 36, who had taken a taxicab home so they wouldn't be driving drunk, were killed when the cab was hit by a 21-year-old drunken driver (Albuquerque, November). And a 21-year-old Mormon man, riding in a truck at about 35 mph with his brothers, who were offending him by cussing, demanded that they stop or he would jump out; one of the brothers, perhaps jokingly, said, Go ahead, and the man did and was killed when his head hit the pavement (South Jordan, Utah, November). [Albuquerque Journal, 11-25-05] [KSL-TV (Salt Lake City), 11-12-05]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 138  [ 2750 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5138 »
Jump to: