Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject: Hostages freed in rescue
Posted: Thu 23 Mar , 2006 9:20 am
Filthy darwinian hobbit

Quote:
British Iraq hostage Kember freed

Mr Kember has been seen on videotapes
One British and two Canadian peace activists held hostage in Iraq have been freed in an operation by multinational forces.
Norman Kember, 74, of Pinner, north-west London, James Loney and Harmeet Singh Sooden, were three of four men seized in Baghdad in November.

Mr Kember is said to be in a "reasonable condition" while the two Canadians were taken to hospital.

The body of murdered US citizen Tom Fox was found in Baghdad two weeks ago.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said he had spoken to Mr Kember's wife Pat and that she was "absolutely delighted, elated with this news".

Prime Minister Tony Blair said he was delighted by the news, and particularly pleased for the freed men and their families.

He also congratulated everyone involved in the rescue operation. Mr Straw said British forces had taken part.
I must admit I didn't expect to see them survive this. A result of good intelligence I suppose.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
eborr
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Mar , 2006 10:27 am

this is great news, typical to see the slimeballs Straw and Blair trying to get some Kudos out of the thing

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 23 Mar , 2006 3:17 pm
Milk and kisses

Oh, that's fantastic news! :) I also feared that they'd kill them. :neutral:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: