board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Driving & licencing laws. Are there flaws?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Lurker
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 20 Apr , 2006 3:28 am

Thewhitetree wrote:
No, road responsability comes with experience and that comes with age. That's why I believe young drivers should be eased into the world of driving. I'm a young person, I know what my peers are like, even the "responsable" ones.
Well, if it comes with experience, then why the heck can't we start them young. :) So probably by the time say they are 28, they will be better drivers, right? Like I said before, if you want to be reckless at any age you can do it.

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 20 Apr , 2006 4:21 am
Wembley bound

Very true, but generally speaking at what stage in life are people the most reckless and often not realizing the full extent of what their actions could do.

Perfect example from here in Ontario: kid driving the family truck decides to go through a red because HE NEEDS TO GET HOME FOR LUNCH. Real good judgement already. He didn't see the brand new Range Rover containing 5 doctors who all get paid $150,000+/year. Oops. They only have $500,000 coverage on their insurance. The family (who has five kids I believe) had to sell their house and practically everything they owned. I know for a fact that the wages of the family are still garnished to this day. Sometimes the landlord where they live doesn't even charge them rent because they can't afford it. All that could have been prevented if the kid who was driving had a little more experience and if he was older.

As for me, I know I'm way sharper (in everything) than I was two years ago and I only really started driving a lot a few months ago. If everyone could start the process at 18 and be a licenced driver by 19 then I truly believe the roads would be safer.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: