board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

no one here cares about illegal immigration?

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 44 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 05 May , 2006 12:28 am
His Rosyness

Quote:
Who said I "believe" in the war on terror? Personally I think it’s a crock, meant to do nothing but scare us into submission so the Bush crowd can have their way with the country. But that’s just me.
Then I am sorry I made a bad assumption about you. I'm glad you have that view. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 05 May , 2006 12:52 am
Waiting for winter

Thank you! :)

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 05 May , 2006 2:23 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Oh why don't you guys go kiss or something? :roll:

The problem I have with this whole thing is the word illegal when referring to immigrants crossing the border.
Doing something illegal is a crime. A crime against what the law, and the people of this country, state.
If the law is obsolete then change the law.
If not then uphold the law.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RELStuart
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 19 May , 2006 12:05 am
Legendury speller

Holbytla wrote:

The problem I have with this whole thing is the word illegal when referring to immigrants crossing the border.
Doing something illegal is a crime. A crime against what the law, and the people of this country, state.
If the law is obsolete then change the law.
If not then uphold the law.

I agree with that. We have laws on the books regulating what is the legal way to enter the country. (They probably need to be taken a serious look at to see if they need to be overhauled.) If want people to take the law seriously then it needs to be enforced.

A friend has a brother in law that is border patrol. And she told me about how they have way less people than they need to get the job done. I think we need to do something to secure the border between here and Mexico. If we need to call out the National Guard than I'm for it.

Perhaps terrorists have not brought a bomb into the country from Mexico yet. Do we need to wait until one does before we set up some way to secure the border to keep that from happening? How hard would it be to take a backpack nuke or other bomb from across the Mexican border into San Diego, Corpus Cristie, or Housten and kill hundreds or thousands of American civilians? With as often as groups are targeting civilian with bombs in other countries and the way America is looked at by the groups that are using these tactics shouldn't we be doing something?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 44 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: