board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Drug legalization in Mexico

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
yovargas
Post subject: Drug legalization in Mexico
Posted: Wed 03 May , 2006 12:44 pm

I have no details about this as I just heard it on some radio talk show this morning, but apparently, today, the Mexican president is signing a bill that will make it legal to be carrying small amounts of drugs, including weed, heroin, cocain, LSD, and most others.

What do you think? Given my libertarian leanings and having just that bit of info, I think it's fantastic. I really wish the US would think about doing this, at the very very least for marijuana.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 03 May , 2006 1:22 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

If you haven't got any, will they give you some at the border?

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 03 May , 2006 3:10 pm
Insolent Pup

Are drugs that popular in Mexico? I thought they just enjoyed bringing them over here to sell to suburban white kids.

Actually, I'm mistaken... they sell it to black people first, who then sell it to suburban white kids.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 03 May , 2006 6:25 pm

We were listening to Bill O'Reilly rant about this during our lunch hour, and about the 3rd or 4th time he said the situation was "out of control" down there, I said to my husband,"OK, pretty soon he's also going to say it's 'chaotic'... you know how he hates chaos!" So, we spent the next few minutes before he dropped me back off at work laughing and urging O'Reilly to say the word chaos. Say it! Say it! Say it!!!!!!!!!

My husband called about 5 minutes later choking with laughter and said he'd just said it, that "Americans weren't going to want to go to Mexico anymore because of the chaos down there!" :LMAO: :LMAO:

I swear! That man MUST have a "J" in his personality type since he uses "chaos" and "out of control" like it's the worst thing he could think of!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 04 May , 2006 1:10 am

Way to Go Mexico!

In small amounts, many drugs are now legal for personal use, including:

Marijuana, Cocaine, LSD, PCP, Opium, and Peyote.

What is sad is that the USA still will not learn that drug prohibition will not work, and will instead try to penalize all of Mexico for this.

What is interesting is that this follows on the heels of Bolivia legalizing the growth (but not the processing) of Coca plants (not cocoa plants, which were already legal).

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 04 May , 2006 5:26 am
Insolent Pup

In moderate amounts some of the drugs C_G listed aren't that bad. That's all I'll say.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 04 May , 2006 3:00 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I think it's Mexico's way of helping America's illegal immigrant crisis. Now there will be an equal and opposite flow of Americans going south.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
EdaintheRanger
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 04 May , 2006 7:10 pm
The Red Fox

Well I have a friend who travelled around Peru, and they said that they chew the coco leaves with merry abandon over there. However, it is not just for recreation, my friends found it very helpful for coping with the altitude sickness. :)

We need courage, faith and Chocolate Cake.

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 05 May , 2006 2:34 am

Damn, Fox caved.

Bush did mention "drug terrorism" and he has in the past threatened regime change anywhere anyone harbored terrorism, but I think Fox caved because he was afraid we'd get tough with the border.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: