Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 8:46 pm

Because you never asked, silly.

:cheers

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 8:48 pm

It is not something I could just scream around!!!

They locked me up after burning torc the last time...good to see there are more people who think like me :devil:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Feb , 2005 7:16 pm
That Weird American

I can definitely do without the makeup on a gal...particularly since, often, I can Tell they're wearing it and it looks tacky. And besides...imagine going out with them, finally spending a night, and waking up beside them the next morning, or seeing them without the makeup? SHOCK!!!! I'd rather see them the way I'd be seeing them if I was their boyfriend.

Now, that said, makeup can be fun if you're going for a specific look...such as if you want to go Goth for an evening, or some such event. But doing it every day...

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Feb , 2005 8:11 pm

I never wear make up nor does my oldest daughter. The younger one, however, glories in it. She's not insecure about her appearance, either. She just loves playing with it. I sure didn't teach her that, she's just a totally different personality than I or my other daughter.

She's just not happy unless she's grooming herself in one way or another. I consider it a cat-like trait.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Feb , 2005 10:55 am
I can't count but I'm cute

wearing make up doesn't automatically make you look like this clown from a circus Guru. i know Ags knows exactly what i look like without making up on and I will always remove that stuff before going to bed.

i just like the fact i can cover up some things when my skin's having a bad day and just because i feel better wearing a bit of make up on. there are different ways for applying make up. I'd be mad if i put on the expensive foundation and blusher every single day and once in a blue moon will i put on mascara. so wearing make up doesn't always have to conceal your face. i think mine looks better with it and if i feel better i look more confident.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Feb , 2005 11:07 am
Per aspera ad astra

Jae, you're so right - Make up does not at all hide the way I look naturally, it underlines it. I feel better with, and I don't like to go out without lipstick - but I even doubt, someone else realises it - and there is certainly no shock to see me in the morning without anything on my face. (Or Jae could tell it).

Make up is not painting. If it shows too much, it means the woman does not know how to use it. Or it's cheap, bad stuff. Voilà tout.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Feb , 2005 8:23 pm

I don't generally wear makeup a lot unless I feel like going all out one day, or if my eyes are particularly sleepy and need something to at least make me look awake.

What I don't get though, is all these girls who slap on huge amounts of cover up and concealer every day to cover their skin and "look better", but they all pick the same kinda orange toned foundation. It makes them look like they've been Tangoed, and most of the time they never even bother to blend it in carefully at the neck so there's a nice orange mask which ends exactly along the jawline....

....Now that... is attractive. :suspicious:

I never have to worry about this oranged-face fiasco if I do go for the full face look, because my foundation is Ivory.... no orange in there, no sirree ;).

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Feb , 2005 8:37 pm

they obviously buy the wrong colour foundation. i have two sorts myself one for winter and wone for summer. it's just wrong, looking as if you just got back from the bahamas in mid januari. they probably use it to make them look more tanned. not really the reason of foundation in the first place. it's to get rid of spots or whatever makes your face unclear.

As for picking a right colour i usually find one that comes closest to your skin colour is fine. Never buy one that's lighter then your original skin colour. it gives you a sickly look. and yes don't stop at your jawline :P

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 9:10 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

There was a woman on the Tube this morning who perfectly embodied what shouldn't be done with clothes, hair & make-up. She must have been in her 60s (or maybe very late 50s).

She was carrot-color (fake tan I think as it didn't stop at her jawline! Her hair was black, dry as dust and backcombed into a fuzzy dry mess. She had painted scarlet lipstick on her lower face; not just on her lips but another half inch higher than where her top lip finished. Her eyebrows were blacked in so thickly it looked like she's used a felt pen. And over an egg-shell-blue jogging outfit thing she was wearing a piece of dead animal. It wasn't even a coat - it had ragged edges and was all fur in the inside. If I was at all animal-rightsy she would have had hell to pay for brushing it against me as she leaned over to read the tube map! :help:

What do you guys/girls think of perfume by the way. Do you wear it?

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 9:21 am
Gloriosus

Leoba wrote:
What do you guys/girls think of perfume by the way. Do you wear it?
Yes. "Background" in the winter, "Sun" (both by Jil Sander) in the summer. I like myself better when I smell good.

– – –

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 10:12 am
Garrulous Griffon

Yep, I wear perfume. Not allways, but often. I have about 5 or so different scents. Not overpowering, it is just nice to smell good. I don't smell the perfume on myself most of the time, and you have to get close to me to smell it - it is not "me and my perfume cloud" it is just me and a subtle little whiff of perfume sometimes.

Makeup however, I don't wear. I don't like the feeling of it on my skin. I have a sensitive skin - to touch, not to soap and the chemicals in makeup and so on - so I can actually feel the makeup on me, and it doesn't feel good.

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 11:29 am

perfect example of how make up can mess you up Leoba :LMAO: ewww by the way :P

and yes i love parfum. i have a few things varying from Hugo Boss to Noah and simple fragrances as Mexx and Naomi Cambell. the cheap ones are for daily stuff (if i remember wearing any) and the expensive ones for parties or special occassions ;)

most parfums are horribly expensive though :(

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 12:18 pm
Milk and kisses

Make-up: I feel naked if I'm not wearing lipstick. My favourite is Pink Chocolate by Clinique, which is a couple of tones darker than my lips. I usually wear some eyeliner (black or grey) or purplish eyeshadow. That's about it, on a daily basis. When I go out I like to indulge... although I try to leave foundation only for days when my skin looks dreadful. I don't like the "mask" feel of it either, although Clinique do a very good light one.

Perfume: I love it, and try to never leave the house without a spritz of something. Lately (thanks to Leoba and Taurië :D) I've been using Lush Karma scented body lotion and Bottega Verte almond body cream, so I don't need extra perfume on top of that. But if I'm not wearing a perfumed lotion, I like:

- Hugo Woman in winter (white flowers)
- Les Belles de Nina Ricci (zesty and fruity) or Clinique Happy (citrussy) in the summer

And I've been known to swoon when Mr Ber was wearing Hugo, by Hugo Boss... :love:

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 12:47 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Mummpizz,

Two of my favorite perfumes. Cartier's Must for men, Jil Sanders's No. 4, and Bulgari for men would be in the list of all time favorites.

For women - I love Cartier's Must (I and II) and Kiss Of The Dragon, Bulgari Blu and many others. My all-time favourite though is one that's very difficult to get - Indian Nights (Nuits Indienne).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 1:03 pm
Gloriosus

I like almost everything by Jil Sander, except Man 3, which is too sweet for my gusto.
My wife fell for Serge Lutens: "Daim blonde" e.g., and "Ambre Sultan". The smell of amber on a woman can drive me crazy (makes me think of England).

What I find most interesting is that no perfume smells alike on two women. I once had two friends by the name of Sabine (none of which is now my wife, though my wife has that name) who both loved the then freshly developed perfume ROMA by Laura Biagotti. It was the year 1990, back in the Shire.
And while it smelled heel smakelijk on one, it smelled like old ladies' cushions on the other.

– – –

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 1:14 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Well that's the thing, isn't it. A good perfume should blend with the natural scents of a person. Most perfumes though either mask or overpower. (It makes no scents - ha ha)

That's why I've never been a fan of the citrus or flowery perfumes. Way too different from a natural scent for my nose.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 1:37 pm
Milk and kisses

Not in my case. My sweat (sorry, ladies aren't supposed to sweat :D - perspiration? Glow?) is sharp and acidic, and tangy fruit perfumes go well with it. A citrussy perfume is a nicer version of my natural smell. :)

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 3:24 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Read Süsskind's perfume... you will never smell alike again.

Besides that I use Armani and Splendor by Elizabeth Arden. O de Lancôme.

All light perfumes.

It does not really turn me on, though, not even on my man - nothing smells as nice as skin.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Feb , 2005 3:32 pm
Gloriosus

Citrus and flowery stuff smells fine on young girls, musk and sandal on manly men, amber and vanilla on women I love, but I think as pheromones decrease in the natural output of both men and women the need for perfumes arises.
Some people, specially old women with fur coats, go hyperbole on this. When Wagner is being played, the Opera house in Cologne can only be entered wearing ABC gear.

The pheromone glands are very close to the arm pits, btw, that's why taking somebody into one's arms is so satisfying and cuddly. Un/fortunately sweat glands are nearby.

– – –

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 8  [ 147 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
Jump to: