board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Metaphysics, Magic, Healing & Psionics School

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
MariaHobbit
Post subject: Metaphysics, Magic, Healing & Psionics School
Posted: Wed 19 Sep , 2007 3:18 pm

I've finally found the ultimate site with all sorts of information about mind over matter things.

The Veritas Society

It's an amazing site, with well laid out subject matter with many articles & vastly informative stickied threads. Apparently they even conduct online schools sometimes. I haven't fully explored it yet, because I haven't had the time since I found it... but it's very interesting.

So, there it is. Let me know if you find something kewl over there. :) Like I said, I haven't had much time to explore yet. :)

Oh, and my user name on that site is "Maria", of course. I'm so unimaginative when it comes to names!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 19 Sep , 2007 3:29 pm
Daydream Believer

You are and shall always be Maria.

starts singing My Maria

Thanks for starting this thread. Too Cool.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 21 Sep , 2007 12:22 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

"Veritas" is Latin for "truth".

I wouldn't normally needle someone about a board that feels the need to self-proclaim in such a manner, but I'm guessing acupuncture will be on the list.

At the end of the day, this sort of stuff is just mind tricks *in the main* - a placebo of the soul. If you think it'll get you through the day, it probably will. There is *some* stuff that has merit, but most of it I find is, 'the quack says duck'.

I'll avoid any commentary about religion at this point and in the future. I have discovered discussion is useless. It's all about faith, and without solid facts, there is no rationale and therefore no debating points and counterpoints.

I'm just not the type to sign up for this stuff. But hey, if it works for you, then who am I to say anything? I can't guarantee anything I think on this subject is correct.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lily Rose
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 21 Sep , 2007 3:08 am
stranded in dreamland

It is too late for me to look at it indepth, but it looks like a fascinating site!

I don't have faith in faith
I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless
I still cling to hope
And I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 21 Sep , 2007 3:52 pm

The placebo effect can be quite real, lidless, that's why they do double blind experiments to eliminate it. :)

I have a scientific background and training. I was an atheist for much of my life. However, eventually the evidence for *more* became too much for me to ignore and I had to change my world view.

It's not comfortable for me to use techniques that I don't clearly understand. I would prefer to have the mechanism of how these things work clearly outlined and easy to understand. But, that's not likely in my lifetime- so if I want to seek answers to problems I have that are not solvable by scientific means, I have to use techniques where I get only "cause" and apparent "effect" .

When I use energy healing techniques on my husband, and he feels better afterwards- does it really matter whether I'm pulling universal energy into our reality and channeling it into him? Or if the meditation techniques in preparation for doing that are really what help him? He feels better. I got the desired result. I don't know if we'll ever be able to measure "chi" energy, I'm not sure it's completely in this dimension-- but if manipulating it helps (or thinking I'm manipulating it helps) then I have to, because standard medicine DOES NOT HELP my husband's Lyme disease symptoms.

I'd rather believe that one can help their own body heal merely with meditative techniques, but unless I visualize extra energy coming from somewhere else, it doesn't work.

I'll take what I can get from whatever source, to make this work. I don't care what the technique is called- what discipline it comes from- I'm an eclectic. Whatever works for me, is OK, as long as it feels clean and wholesome. I'm not doing anything that involves the darker side of human nature, nothing that hurts anything or robs anyone of anything. I won't. I will not use the "dark side of the force". Nothing but bad could come of it.

Errrrr, I kinda got carried away, there. :oops:

Well, anyway, lots of minor stuff actually works for me, so I feel the need to learn more, simply so I don't hurt myself in the process of finding my own way. That's why it was so cool to find this site, so well laid out and with apparent plans for teaching people. I can see what others can do, and try some things I'd never thought of before. Spinning a psi wheel with your mind, for instance, is apparently old hat to the folks on this site- yet it's something I can't seem to do at all. I'll have to read through quite a bit of material, to begin to understand what I need to do.

Whenever I get interested enough, I mean. My interest in this sort of stuff waxes and wanes. I'm only interested in the healing aspect for the moment, while my husband is suffering.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: