Go Watcher!

:yes: :horse:

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Apr , 2008 1:23 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Quote:
...sadder still, those that would pay for these "Christian license plates" are not using their money the way Christ would have chosen. Sumptin to think about.
Cynicism aside, this is a good point.

I think, in Ohio, it costs an extra $50 for personalized plates. That would feed an orphaned child in another country for almost two months.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Apr , 2008 9:33 pm
Tricksy Elf!

I can't help wondering what would happen if a car with a 'Chritianity is great' runs into a car with 'Satan is great' sticker?

Say the Sheriff that turns up is a nice law abideing Churchman, dedicated to his faith etc. Is he going to take sides? Would he be able to side with the driver who supports the anti-christ over the Christian? What about the report to the insurance company?

Or another scenario. Say the driving instructor for you firstborn turned up, he was nice on the phone, cheap and very highly reccomended. But when he turns up he has a licence plate proudly displaying a 'Richard Dawkins is right' Would you still let your child be tought by him?

Would your impressions of any of the drivers mentioned above be effected by sight of their licenceplates? Would it be negertive? Would you be a kinder driver to a fellow 'Christian' 'pro-lifer' etc, and is that right?

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 28 Apr , 2008 9:43 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Here's a summary of very religious people:

If a car with a 'Satan is great' sticker back-ends one with a 'Christianity is great' sticker, the latter driver will think, "God saved my life. All praise to God, who is merciful" instead of, "God just allowed my car to get fucked."

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Apr , 2008 12:49 pm

Those aren't very religious people, Lidless. Those are people who don't quite get it.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: