Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject: Re: Woman sells her virginity for millions
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 9:39 am
Frodo's girl through and through

LalaithUrwen wrote:
I think it's sad and lurid.
I'm with you, Lali.

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Avatar by elanordh on Live Journal

Profile Quote
jewelsong
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 10:33 am
Just keep singin'!

In this day and age, I find the idea that someone would pay ANYTHING simply to be the first guy to stick his penis into a strange woman's vagina laughable and somewhat icky.

I don't think it has anything to do with the experience being "good" for anyone. It has to do with being the first penis to get there, basically. It's about male ownership and it's based on an archaic mindset.

Virginity is highly over-rated. The first time is usually a disappointment and unless you are comfortable with your partner and there is some level of love and caring there, it's not going to be any kind of special experience for either person.

This woman is an adult and she can do what she pleases with her body. I just think the whole thing is gross, to be honest.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 12:09 pm

I'm mainly curious what she's "offering" for this money. For this kind of money, I have to think the guy wants a little more than just "to be the first guy to stick his penis into a strange woman's vagina".

Profile Quote
jewelsong
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 12:24 pm
Just keep singin'!

yovargas wrote:
I'm mainly curious what she's "offering" for this money. For this kind of money, I have to think the guy wants a little more than just "to be the first guy to stick his penis into a strange woman's vagina".
But that's what deflowering a virgin IS. She's offering a guy the chance to be "the first."

Way back in the stone age, when girls married young, the husband was assumed to be the first. But...it was also assumed that the bride (at least) had not had that much experience with ANYTHING, including kissing. Your first night together was...well, the first for a lot of things. Now, "virginity" technically means vaginal intercourse (at least for hetero couples) and some people do "everything but" and still consider themselves "virgins." (NOTE: This can, and does, include anal sex."

This girl is offering her virgin vagina to the highest bidding penis. The draw is that it's the "first penis!"

Whoop-de-do.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 1:21 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I presume it will be on a first-come-first-served basis...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 1:26 pm

jewelsong wrote:
... and some people do "everything but" and still consider themselves "virgins." (NOTE: This can, and does, include anal sex."
I really don't understand that mindset. :scratch: I mean, um, penetration is penetration, for crying out loud. :suspicious:
Lidless wrote:
I presume it will be on a first-come-first-served basis...
Oh, dear. :LMAO:

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 2:51 pm

There's a hymen to be broken, that's the difference. :shrug: One might almost consider this a blood sport....

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 3:05 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Well, if it's legal, then I have no problem with her doing it (so publicly...)

What I do have a problem with is that this could drive rates up everywhere... ;)

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 3:55 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

MariaHobbit wrote:
There's a hymen to be broken, that's the difference. :shrug: One might almost consider this a blood sport....
Given her age, that may not happen. A small bit from Wikipedia:
Quote:
The hymen may be damaged by using tampons, pelvic examinations or even straddle injuries.[19]

Once a girl reaches puberty, the hymen tends to become quite elastic. It is not possible to determine whether a woman uses tampons or not by examining her hymen. Sexual intercourse is one of the most common ways to damage the hymen, although in one survey only 43% of women reported bleeding the first time they had sex; which means that in the other 57% of women the hymen likely stretched enough that it didn't tear (or that bleeding was not noticed by the partners).[19][20]

It is common to damage the hymen through physical activities such as horseback riding and biking.[citation needed] In fact, biking is the most common way to rupture the hymen through physical activity.[citation needed] Contrary to popular belief, the breaking of the hymen is not necessarily an indicator of the loss of virginity.
Honestly, I don't understand a man's obsession with virginity, especially nowdays. It's plain dumb.

I'm with Lali on this one. I find it sad. I think the girl is taking a huge risk having her first sexual intercourse with a stranger. It can be quite painful and she can't be too sure how kind the man she's with will be. And I'm sure he's going to be expecting a lot from her...when she's unexperience and could be in pain.

Last edited by Eruname on Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:03 pm
Daydream Believer

jewelsong wrote:
yovargas wrote:
But that's what deflowering a virgin IS. She's offering a guy the chance to be "the first."

Way back in the stone age, when girls married young, the husband was assumed to be the first. But...it was also assumed that the bride (at least) had not had that much experience with ANYTHING, including kissing. Your first night together was...well, the first for a lot of things. Now, "virginity" technically means vaginal intercourse (at least for hetero couples) and some people do "everything but" and still consider themselves "virgins." (NOTE: This can, and does, include anal sex."

This girl is offering her virgin vagina to the highest bidding penis. The draw is that it's the "first penis!"

Whoop-de-do.
I'd like to add back in the day many mothers used to send their daughters into their wedding nights with a vile of chicken blood to prove they were virgins.

If I was the sucker who wins this bet, I would damn well make sure she had a doctors statement or that my doctor checked her out. Faking virginity can be fairly easy to do.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:06 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I assuming that that is why she is doing it through a brothel.

This probably isn't going to be a "he hands over the money and then sticks it in her" sort of thing. I would bet that the brothel is drawing up quite the contract with many many caveats on how it's going to happen, what sort of things he will do to prevent her pain, etc etc

The way she's doing this.... he may be the man (caveman noise here) who will take her virginity, but I have no doubt that she is in charge to the nth degree. He'll probably be so hemmed in by musts and must nots that he'll barely be able to get it up.

If she was really canny, she could literally call an end to it two seconds after he was in. Hey, he's had her virginity in that case. There was nothing stated in the bidding process that said she had to let him come.

Last edited by Estel on Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:07 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Not only can it be faked, but depending on your opinion on what virginity is, it can be reinstated! I saw a documentary once about people who abstain from sex before marriage and there was this couple where the guy was a virgin and the girl wasn't, so she was having (if I recall correctly) some sort of a synthetic hymen added in order to give him the sensation of taking her virginity...

Utter nonsense, IMHO. A shag is a shag. But apparently can be done.

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 4:21 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Crucifer wrote:
Not only can it be faked, but depending on your opinion on what virginity is, it can be reinstated!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenorrhaphy" target="_blank

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
tolkienpurist
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 8:22 pm
Unlabeled

I've gone all over the map on the questions of what virginity is (if you have lesbian experiences before heterosexual experiences, you really have to decide which experience was the definitive one for you - or decide to consider more than one experience definitive), how important it is, when and with whom it should be shared, etc.

I guess at this point - having run the gamut of experiences from extremely casual to very intimate (with a small number of partners) - I'm now of the school of thought that sharing one's body with someone intimately is really best (and maybe ideally only) enjoyed with someone within the context of a loving/committed relationship. Also, I do think the first time is important. I do think it makes a difference when it "means something," when you're with a partner you care about deeply and vice versa (even if it's technically awkward or disappointing - which it *certainly* doesn't have to be, if you're with a more experienced partner and you know your own body well enough.) There's something about your first time that always stays with you, IME - the feelings and memories and emotion associated with sharing that piece of yourself with someone else. I feel a bit sad at the thought of someone experiencing their first time in that particular way - as a financial transaction likely devoid of any emotional intimacy or meaning.

That said, everyone is entitled to decide what meaning they want sex to have. As far as I'm concerned, she is entitled to market her inexperience as a financial commodity, even if it seems like a rather sad choice to me.

As for the buyer: I can't think of a motivation for paying over $3 million to (supposedly) take someone's virginity that isn't rather immature and pathetic. Three cheers for capitalism, I suppose.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 10:50 pm

tolkienpurist wrote:
I've gone all over the map on the questions of what virginity is (if you have lesbian experiences before heterosexual experiences, you really have to decide which experience was the definitive one for you - or decide to consider more than one experience definitive), how important it is, when and with whom it should be shared, etc.
This may be straying into TOE-ish territory but my personal experience is that my first actual sexual act did not particularly count or mean much of anything. Meaning, being "the first" didn't make it somehow extra-special to me in the long term. The one I consider my "first" is someone who wasn't my first anything - by the time I was with him I'd already done "everything" with my few previous partners. But they didn't matter and he did and that turned out to be the experience that mattered and stuck with me in the long term. That he wasn't physically my first seems pretty irrelevant.
YMMV.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 2:50 pm

tolkienpurist wrote:
There's something about your first time that always stays with you, IME
In my case that would be pain, fear, humiliation, trauma, tears and wounds to my psyche that echo to this day. :/

I'd have been better off selling the experience. Then it would have been a quick transaction over and done with in a day, rather than years of emotional problems to deal with.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 8:45 pm

MariaHobbit wrote:
tolkienpurist wrote:
There's something about your first time that always stays with you, IME
In my case that would be pain, fear, humiliation, trauma, tears and wounds to my psyche that echo to this day. :/
:(

:hug:

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 9:02 pm

Last edited by Dawnnamira on Sat 17 Jan , 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 11:04 pm

Dawnnamira wrote:
Virginity isn't something to be auctioned off
You said it, girl. :cool:
Quote:
It makes me so very sad. :bawl: :confused: :scared:
It's her choice, but yep, I find it depressing.

Still confuzzled by someone who would pay millions ... :suspicious: Sad git.

Profile Quote
jewelsong
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 11:09 pm
Just keep singin'!

Di of Long Cleeve wrote:
Still confuzzled by someone who would pay millions ... :suspicious: Sad git.
That, to me, is the most pathetic part of the whole story.

Who would pay for this? And why? And why so much?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 69 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: