Kill Obama Facebook poll

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Kill Obama Facebook poll
Posted: Mon 28 Sep , 2009 8:48 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/p ... cation=rss
Quote:
Secret Service probing Facebook poll on Obama
The U.S. Secret Service is investigating an online survey that asked whether people thought President Barack Obama should be assassinated, officials said Monday.

The Associated Press
WASHINGTON —
The U.S. Secret Service is investigating an online survey that asked whether people thought President Barack Obama should be assassinated, officials said Monday.

The poll, posted Saturday on Facebook, was taken off the popular social networking site quickly after company officials were alerted to its existence. But, like any threat against the president, Secret Service agents are taking no chances.

"We are aware of it and we will take the appropriate investigative steps," said Darrin Blackford, a Secret Service spokesman. "We take of these things seriously."

The poll asked respondents "Should Obama be killed?" The choices: No, Maybe, Yes, and Yes if he cuts my health care.

The question was not created by Facebook, but by an independent person using an add-on application that has been suspended from the site.

"The third-party application that enabled an individual user to create the offensive poll was brought to our attention this morning," said Barry Schnitt, Facebook's spokesman for policy.

Because the application was disabled, the responses to the nonscientific polls are not available.

"We're working with the U.S. Secret Service, but they'll need to provide any details of their investigation," Schnitt said.
This is simply one in an never ending series of rightwing wacko atrocities of the week.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject: Re: Kill Obama Facebook poll
Posted: Mon 28 Sep , 2009 10:11 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

I didn't think it was taken down particularly quickly. It offended my eye for more than a day. There are an awful lot of crazed right wingers floating around Facebook. I see them in the healthcare poll discussion. One woman said Obama murdered his grandmother during the election to stop her talking.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Tue 29 Sep , 2009 1:04 am
Daydream Believer

What Tosh said. I am a bit worried by the hate spewed forth on some of the facebook stuff. And I am also worried that the middle right is being completely drowned out by the far right.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 29 Sep , 2009 4:45 pm
Insolent Pup

Obama's grandmother was the first of many old people that will not see the midterm elections.... mwuhahahahahahahaha.

But seriously, if this was the Bush years, do you think the secret service would investigate, or just order ISPs to release the contact information then cart those who voted (and perhaps a few who didn't) off to Guantanomo?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Thu 01 Oct , 2009 9:11 am
of Vinyamar

LOL. Nice one TED. Considering our discussion over on HoF, I have to say I found that particularly apt!

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Thu 01 Oct , 2009 4:11 pm
Insolent Pup

I'm a funny guy. ;)

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: