board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Rick Sanchez to FOX News: YOU LIE!!!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 7  [ 130 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Rick Sanchez to FOX News: YOU LIE!!!
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 4:32 pm

FOX news took out an expensive full color, full page ad in the Washington Post this week to chide the other major networks for not covering the teabaggers protest last Saturday in Washington DC. Rick Sanchez is an afternoon anchor on CNN. He took issue with the ad and ripped FOX a new one using actual evidence to show that their ad is one huge lie.

www.aintitcool.com/node/42410

If anyone still believes that FOX News is anything but infotainment for the rightwing, they need to watch this over and over again in the hope that some of it seeps through.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Feredir
Post subject: Re: Rick Sanchez to FOX News: YOU LIE!!!
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 4:36 pm

Because CNN and the other are SO unbiased.

freddy

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 4:55 pm

NO - because the FOX News full page ad lied. Can you deny that???????

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 5:25 pm
Best friends forever

The word "bias" is thrown around awfully casually.

"Bias" doesn't mean "they say stuff I disagree with".

From up here in Canuckistan, where I every so often torture myself by watching 5 minutes of Fox "news", I can tell you that CNN, compared to Fox, is relatively . . . um . . . almost like "real news".

CNN is pretty bad, all American news shows are bad, IMHO. Infotainment, not news. But it's what you guys like, and it's your dime, as they say.

The only thing is, there are a lot of "news" outlets. I think there are even a couple of decent magazines. But most people stick to their comfort zone and begin to think that everything "the other guy says" is lies or distortions - and it generally isn't. It's generally just a different viewpoint or even a different judgement about what's important. I mean, if Angie and Brad have a fight! Jeez. Or some B-list actor croaks. Or some other B-list celebrity shows her ladybits in a photo. That's NEWS.

The "teabagger" protests got plenty of coverage. And it cracks me up that the name means something they'd all die of horror if they knew.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 5:44 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

[ot](Yeah, I really wish they'd get a clue and stop using that term.)[/ot]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 6:36 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Feredir wrote:

freddy
It's not about bias. It's about lies and hypocrisy which Fox News is rife with.

vison, I completely agree. Honestly most American TV "news" isn't news. It's far too geared towards entertainment. I've been so spoiled by the BBC that watching a lot of American news is painful now. CNN is pretty horrible (I honestly don't care what JoBlow1978 said on his Facebook!). Some of MSNBC is pretty craptacular as well. I can't help but love Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann though...especially Maddow as she tackles subjects with such integrity.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sat 19 Sep , 2009 8:15 pm
Daydream Believer

Faux News is the worst one out of the bunch. I stopped watching them oh...now on 6 years ago. They are so off on everything it's sad. In fact I don't watch much CNN either. Honestly I find PBS news the most fair and honest, and I know the right wingers will call it liberal media, again. But as an Indpenendant, I hate to break it to the right wingers but Faux News is far right conservative media, and often gets their facts completely wrong, even when reporting Brangalina crap. Honestly Mr. Murdock is loving every dime he makes spreading propoganda, and if he could make more money spreading left wing stuff he would change Faux News in a heart beat. He can't, however, make money when the left and moderate middle have had enough with the B.S. and have given up watching Faux News.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 5:50 am
Insolent Pup

Is it okay that fox lied because you think that cnn is biased?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 7:48 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Feredir wrote:
freddy
Yes, they are all biased to a degree, but I spectacularly fail to understand your point or your defence.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 8:23 am
bioalchemist

LalaithUrwen wrote:
[ot](Yeah, I really wish they'd get a clue and stop using that term.)[/ot]
[continuing ot]I think it's hilarious and says something about their mentality. In fact, their cluelessness makes me even more disinclined to take them seriously. IAnd the longer it takes them to get a clue, the redder their faces will be when they find out... =:) [/continuing ot]

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 10:42 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I've got to agree with Eru. I've been so spoiled by the BBC now, I can't watch the news at all when I go back to the U.S. It feels like every news item I watch there is storytelling, not news reporting.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 1:05 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

And there's me thinking the BBC has gone downhill! I spend half my time shouting at the screen. :D (Channel Four news is good.)

ETA OK I have to back my criticism up I think. What annoys me is:

1 A news item, often the main headline, built around a press release. All I think then is that it's the institution not the Beeb that is giving us the news. It is never stated that it is from a press release.

2 A headline such as 'Gordon Brown is a liar mumble mumble. These are the claims made by.....' (insert your own factoid) In other words the claim is presented as the truth before it is revealed as a claim

3 A reporter giving truncated glib slogans to fit a tiny news slot rather than an intelligent insight into complexity.

4 A reporter standing close to an event rather than speaking in a studio. It gives a false authenticity and must cost a packet. (a minor grumble though)

5 An advert for a programme coming up that masquerades as a news item.

That'll do for now. I feel better for getting that off my chest. :blackeye:

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 3:47 pm

One thing that the Beeb does that annoys me is when they report on the front pages of all the different newspapers, even the tabloidy ones. Seriously, how is that news?

Regarding CNN, I find the one I get is better than the American channel. I get some sort of CNN World News so it's much less infotainment and also has some good programs on like this morning one called 'Generation Islam'. I wish I could have had time to sit down and watch it.

THE most stupid thing CNN does is that dumb hologram thing. That's one of the most retarded things I've seen on a "news" program.

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 4:47 pm
Best friends forever

We have The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, also known as MotherCorp. But it's pretty good, really. Canadian politics are much more civil than American politics, anyway, so the opportunities for lunacy are fewer.

Speaking of American news, etc. Only moments ago I heard an audio clip of a person called Glen Beck. I have never before had the occasion to hear his voice. I'm not kidding, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or flip or dismissive, I'm not speaking from some "leftwing" point of view, just as a radio listener tidying up the kitchen and wiping out the sink and listening with some interest to a discussion of the "teabaggers" on CBC radio and the Beck clip came on and I bloody near jumped out of my skin. I cannot believe, truly cannot believe deep down in my heart that anyone I know, here or otherwise, could listen to this person and not puke or cry or feel like smashing the radio to smithereens.

My god in heaven. If this man is as influential as I hear he is, there is just no hope. His fans have abandoned reason and are on the road to Hell, and I'm serious. This is so awful, so unreal, that I wish someone could tell me it's a joke.

Time we built a wall along the 49th parallel to keep the poison out. Disgusting, vile, nasty, and uncivilized. Pandering to insanity.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 4:58 pm

Vison - you get no argument from me on the demagogue Beck. he is this week TIME cover posterboy

http://www.time.com/time/politics/artic ... 48,00.html

about a decade ago they gave Limbaugh the same honor. And Frank Rich of the NY Times seems to be responding to the TIME article with this

www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/opinion/20rich.html?_r=1&hp

Frank Rich writing about Glen Beck is like William Shakespeare writing about Mickey Spillane.

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 5:08 pm
Best friends forever

No, not Mickey Spillane. Danielle Steele, or Jackie Collins.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 8:18 pm

You've just now discovered Glenn Beck vison? :Q

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 8:54 pm
Best friends forever

Erunáme wrote:
You've just now discovered Glenn Beck vison? :Q
Oh, I knew the name. But I had never had the unpleasant experience of actually hearing its voice.

I really have a hard time believing that anyone actually takes such a beast seriously.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sun 20 Sep , 2009 9:41 pm
Daydream Believer

Sadly plenty do, and believe his words like they were the gospel truth straight from God himself. No thinking or researching or even questioning. Glen Beck said it so it must be true is what some people think. And every single publication or news program that even dares to call in question his holiness Beck is left wing liberal media who are trying destroy America.

And these people give no creedence to BBC or CBC or any other outside news source, because they are all wrong, ALL of them. ONLY Faux News is the true source of real news and real view points. Thus sayth Glen Beck.

Anyway he has the right Kool-Aid apparently.

And yes it scares the hell out of me, because Beck is the Head of the American Inquistion, judge, jury and I am sure in just a bit of time executioner of everyone and everything that does not fit his way of life. Proof of this....Teabaggers.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Mon 21 Sep , 2009 3:15 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I've never heard Glen Beck. :neutral: What kind of stuff does he say?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 7  [ 130 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
Jump to: