board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Rick Sanchez to FOX News: YOU LIE!!!

Post Reply   Page 5 of 7  [ 130 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Post subject: Re: Rick Sanchez to FOX News: YOU LIE!!!
Posted: Mon 26 Oct , 2009 10:25 pm

yovargas wrote:
Country lines are all fairly arbitrary anyways so I really don't care how you bother carving it all up. But the rather obvious point of CG's map is that there are finer cultural groups in the country than just political party and that just because Cali and NY tend to vote Democrat doesn't mean that they are politically of the same mind.
Bingo "DING DING DING DING" You win the prize.

(Now if only I had a prize to give)

Yes. There are several separate and somewhat distinct regions of the country, that actually don't have much in common with each other. Defining where the actual boundary is, now that is difficult. If you just go by states you cannot, because Northern California is more like Oregan than it is like Southern California.

My concern is for the good of the American people as opposed to keeping power consolidated at all costs.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Mon 26 Oct , 2009 11:27 pm
Insolent Pup

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
yovargas wrote:
Country lines are all fairly arbitrary anyways so I really don't care how you bother carving it all up. But the rather obvious point of CG's map is that there are finer cultural groups in the country than just political party and that just because Cali and NY tend to vote Democrat doesn't mean that they are politically of the same mind.
Bingo "DING DING DING DING" You win the prize.

(Now if only I had a prize to give)

Yes. There are several separate and somewhat distinct regions of the country, that actually don't have much in common with each other. Defining where the actual boundary is, now that is difficult. If you just go by states you cannot, because Northern California is more like Oregan than it is like Southern California.

My concern is for the good of the American people as opposed to keeping power consolidated at all costs.
If that was the point, why couldn't you say so to begin with, so we could get the meat of the matter instead of engaging in this bullshit?

Next time, say what you mean to begin the debate. Read my rules for debate if you are confused. Goodnight.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 27 Oct , 2009 1:29 am

from CG
Quote:

Promoting treasonous actions which would destroy the USA hardly help the American people which you profess to have high regard for.

You are trying to promote what Hitler failed to do... what Mussolini failed to do.... what communism failed to do ... and what slave owners and their political lackeys failed to do. The destruction of the USA is not some libertarian wetdream exercise for you to publish on a Lew Rockwell site.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Tue 27 Oct , 2009 8:54 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue 27 Oct , 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 27 Oct , 2009 9:15 pm
Insolent Pup

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Posted: Wed 28 Oct , 2009 12:36 pm
You are hearing me talk

While not advocating for a breakup of the north american nations, I do agree that CG's map identifies the social/cultural fault lines reasonably well (although if we were only looking for cultural lines, I'd separate the Upper Midwest from New England, and Appalachia would be in a league all of its own). There was actually a book written on that topic some years ago that drew the lines in essentially the same places; I can't remember the title at all, though. I think economics would be a problem though. I doubt that either the desert states or the plains could achieve anything approaching self-sufficiency, for example. Now, if you're talking about remaining The United States but having governance administered at a level finer than a single federal government but coarser than every-state-for-itself, something like that might be workable (except for annexing Ontario). But I don't see much support for (or much point to) that type of reorganization minus an almost complete breakdown of the existing federal government.

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 28 Oct , 2009 2:55 pm

Eight Ways to Run the Country by Brian Patrick Mitchell.

Then there was that map supposedly by a Russian Professor that was used by the Missouri Information Analysis Center in their Modern Militia report, the one that labeled supporters of third party candidates such as Paul, Barr, and Baldwin, and supporters of the Libertarian Party and Constitution Party as terrorists. He saw it going only four ways.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Wed 28 Oct , 2009 4:01 pm

There is a huge difference between admitting that we are not all 100% on the same page as a country with legitimate differences and advocating and romanticizing libertarian/secessionist fantasies about the USA breaking into different countries like the Lew Rockwell article did. An attempt to use the first to justify the second is disingenuous at best and borders on treasonous at worst.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Wed 28 Oct , 2009 7:21 pm
Insolent Pup

I'd like to see someone who agrees with at least some of the libertarian fantasy who isn't promoted by LewRockwell. Talk about one-sided.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Posted: Fri 30 Oct , 2009 12:50 pm
You are hearing me talk

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
Eight Ways to Run the Country by Brian Patrick Mitchell.
I actually don't think that's the one I remember, so there may be more than one out there.
sauronsfinger wrote:
There is a huge difference between admitting that we are not all 100% on the same page as a country with legitimate differences and advocating and romanticizing libertarian/secessionist fantasies about the USA breaking into different countries like the Lew Rockwell article did.
You're right. I'm not advocating any of this; I just find it interesting to think about.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Sat 31 Oct , 2009 11:32 am

from CG
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
An attempt, be it a feeble one, to try to be clever.

People should go and look at that post made on the 27th. It is supposedly in response to my remarks I made that CG was being treasonous in advocating and glorifying secession and the destruction of the United States. What he really posted was an amazingly badly written and hopelessly adolescent rant about Rome and Romans. Then TED posting his response which was "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" to show he was not at all impressed with the rant. That was at 9:15 PM. So then CG does not like it that somebody dissed his little Roman rant so he goes back at 9:39 and puts in his "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". The effect is to make it look like both CG and TED are making the same response to my previous post. When in reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

Yet again, more mounting evidence as to what we are dealing with on message boards of this type. It is sad that such intellectual dishonesty exists and is used in a lame attempt to fool others here.

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sat 31 Oct , 2009 4:28 pm
Best friends forever

sauronsfinger wrote:
from CG
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
An attempt, be it a feeble one, to try to be clever.

People should go and look at that post made on the 27th. It is supposedly in response to my remarks I made that CG was being treasonous in advocating and glorifying secession and the destruction of the United States. What he really posted was an amazingly badly written and hopelessly adolescent rant about Rome and Romans. Then TED posting his response which was "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" to show he was not at all impressed with the rant. That was at 9:15 PM. So then CG does not like it that somebody dissed his little Roman rant so he goes back at 9:39 and puts in his "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". The effect is to make it look like both CG and TED are making the same response to my previous post. When in reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

Yet again, more mounting evidence as to what we are dealing with on message boards of this type. It is sad that such intellectual dishonesty exists and is used in a lame attempt to fool others here.
I post on another site where you have 5 minutes to edit your post and then, that's it, the post stands unless the admins delete it. I think that is an EXCELLENT system.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Sat 31 Oct , 2009 4:48 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Post the suggestion in the Business Room if you like. I don't think it will be popular, though (and I'd be one that would vote against it ;) )

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Sat 31 Oct , 2009 4:53 pm

I don't think we have to change any rules. If anybody wants to try to pull the crap that CG pulled with the "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" BS - then folks like me can just call them on it and let others form their own opinion about it. Tactics like the ones used by CG seems to have a self correcting mechanism built into them. A price is paid.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Mon 02 Nov , 2009 5:15 pm
Insolent Pup

I like vison's suggestion, though. It might make some people think before posting. I definitely responded to C_G silly little allegory of himself as the ant and some government character as the grasshopper. Thanks Aesop.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Mon 02 Nov , 2009 11:29 pm
bioalchemist

The plus to vison's suggestion is obvious in this thread. The minus is idiots like me who'll make a silly typo and not realize it until much later. Or reconsider and want to amend a previous post with a more elaborate thought.

I'm not sure how I'd vote if it came to that.

All of that aside, this is a small board and a de facto closed system. We don't have many people coming or going and so these merry-go-rounds between sf and CG are played out in front of an audience whose minds are made up. About both of them.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Tue 03 Nov , 2009 7:31 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

(Liddy here. Oops.)

Now that's a slur! My mind isn't made up. It's real I tell ya! Real!

(even if I posted as someone else)

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Tue 03 Nov , 2009 4:14 pm
bioalchemist

:damnfunny:
So is Estel the one who'se made up then? :LMAO: :LMAO:

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 05 Nov , 2009 1:22 am

Those who are not willfully blind because of their own ideology would do well to see the latest piece of conclusive evidence that FOX News is merely a political propaganda outfit in Halloween disguise of media journalism. Check out this video of coverage where FOX dives into the New York 23rd district race and makes no bones about who they are backing.

www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002316/

This is so obvious that even Stevie Wonder can see it with crystal clear clarity.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Thu 05 Nov , 2009 2:02 am
Insolent Pup

That video is extra funny because the reason Hoffman lost was because people in the 23rd district care about their district, not the national face of the republican party.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 7  [ 130 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Jump to: