board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

2nd Amendment Heroes

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
sauronsfinger
Post subject: 2nd Amendment Heroes
Posted: Sat 07 Nov , 2009 3:06 pm

It is about time that we established something like a Hall of Fame to honor true American heroes of the US Constitution. Just like the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York, we need a building to house an ongoing memorial to the men and women who have sacrificed and struggled to make the Constitution a reality in our lives. One room should be set aside for the heroes of the Second Amendment, sometimes called the Right To Bear Arms.

As the initial nominees for such an honor I suggest we induct all thirteen of the people at Ft. Hood, Texas who paid the ultimate price so that the rest of us can have legal and easy access to obtain weapons capable of shooting over forty people in minutes. We could also go back to other such mass shootings such as Columbine High School from 1999 in which 13 people were gunned down dead and include those people who also paid the ultimate price for the rest of our rights to own powerful weapons of death. Of course, we should also include the 32 dead who paid for our freedom at the 2007 Viriginia Tech murders as well. Then there were the Xerox murders in Hawaii in 1999 where seven were slain ... bet you forget about that one .... see why we need this place? And another recently from the front page but now forgotten would be the eleven who died in Geneva County earlier this very year.

The only thing I would also suggest is that the Second Amendment Heroes Room be a very big one which will grow in time with the many others who will also pay the ultimate price so that the rest of us can buy such weapons. If one has not paid the ultimate price, they are not eligible for inclusion. So the Chuck Hestons and Wayne La Pierres of the world need not apply. Others paid the price for them. They sacrificed nothing.

and to beat you to the punch... yes indeed.... this is one truly sick idea. But not half as sick as the reality that is behind it.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Feredir
Post subject: Re: 2nd Amendment Heroes
Posted: Sat 07 Nov , 2009 7:45 pm

Actually, it's pathetic.

freddy

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sat 07 Nov , 2009 8:05 pm

I do not understand why every single American would not stand proudly and support a Hall of Fame for Constitutional heroes who paid the ultimate price so that the rest of us... or some at any rate .... can buy, own and use weapons of death. That would be the very height of un-Americanism and the direct opposite of patriotism.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Riverthalos
Posted: Sat 07 Nov , 2009 9:54 pm
bioalchemist

This is a stretch past idiotic and into insanity. How the fuck is this a second amendment/gun control issue? The shooter was in the military. He was a soldier. He shot up other soldiers. It doesn't matter where you live or what the rules are; in this modern era soldiers have guns and know how to use them. Even the ones who are MDs.

You, sir, are just trying to a pick a fight with your favorite targets.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 07 Nov , 2009 10:03 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

This has to be one of the vilest things I've read from you--and I've read some pretty vile things from you.

The thread is locked. If another Ranger feels so inclined to unlock it, then they are free to do so.

[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: