The Last Homely Site on the Web

4 Police Officers Shot in Washington

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
LalaithUrwen
Post subject: Re: 4 Police Officers Shot in Washington
Posted: Wed 02 Dec , 2009 10:25 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I'm sorry, did you write something here? The smoke from the candles on my Altar of Smaller Government got in my eyes, and I can't see.

:roll:

(And this is precisely why I should know better than try to engage in any kind of discussion here.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Wed 02 Dec , 2009 10:40 pm

While the title of Worshipper at the Altar of Small Government may not apply to you Lalaith, it certainly does apply in spades to our former governor John Engler who left the state in a shambles in his attempt to starve it. It also applies to others in our nation as well.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 03 Dec , 2009 3:57 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Yes, but you're missing my point. My point is that when you make comments like that it completely shuts down decent discussion. Or, to be fair, it shuts down my desire to talk anymore about a subject.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
nienna
Posted: Thu 03 Dec , 2009 12:08 pm
The best things in life are not things

Latest developments...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns- ... 4214.story
Quote:
A suspect accused of helping Maurice Clemmons flee after the gunman massacred four suburban police officers could face trial as an accomplice to murder — a crime that might bring the same penalties as if he had pulled the trigger himself.

Along with Allen, two women appeared in Pierce County Superior Court on Wednesday and were ordered held for 72 hours on $500,000 bail, bringing to six the number of people to make court appearances after being arrested for investigation of helping the killer...

"For some reason, this guy has a pretty big support system," Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Wednesday. "That's not right. You're putting yourself up against society, the justice system and the cops."
Meanwhile, Washington and Arkansas officials continue to spar over why Clemmons was able to make bail on earlier charges several days before the fatal shootings.
Quote:
Washington leaders said Arkansas officials improperly filed a warrant that would have kept Clemmons off the street, essentially rendering it invisible to authorities in Washington. Arkansas officials, however, counter that their warrant was handled properly.

Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire announced Wednesday that she would refuse any more Arkansas parolees pending a review of how the interstate system for managing offenders worked in Clemmons' case.

"The improper filing of this warrant, such that he was able to post bail, is very troubling," Gregoire said.

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: